DCS 7.1 beta and i´m using a ti 84+SE TI-84+ SE
first i see the dcs garbage collect box;after a while my calc turns off;i turn it on and there is the os garbage collect,but it is freezes and sometimes there is nothing more possible then reinstalling the os...
alex99 wrote:
DCS 7.1 beta
first i see the dcs garbage collect box;after a while my calc turns off;i turn it on and there is the os garbage collect,but it is freezes and sometimes there is nothing more possible then reinstalling the os...
Can you upgrade to Doors CS 7.2 Beta 3 and see if the problem still occurs?
I couldn't replicate this bug. I used the latest Doors with OS 2.53 MP on a TI-84+ BE.

Basically, I transferred a zillion programs to my calc and archived/unarchived them like crazy until it forced a garbage collect. After the Garbage Collect I deleted all the files to clear my head and now everything's just peachy.
I don't see how that's a bug.
comicIDIOT wrote:
I don't see how that's a bug.
I asked him to try to replicate the bug that Alex99 reported, and he did so. Smile His negative bug report was therefore very helpful.
I thought Garbage Collecting was done occasionally when the archive gets written too a lot.
comicIDIOT wrote:
I thought Garbage Collecting was done occasionally when the archive gets written too a lot.
Yes, that's exactly what it is. However, the user normally gets a choice about whether to allow Garbage Collecting to proceed. Doors CS adds a wrapper to catch that, force Garbage Collecting to occur, and adds a spiffy GUI on top.
*bump* I couldn't get Alex99 to notice me in SAX, so I never got him to replicate the bug. I just spent all evening trying to load up my TI-84+SE enough to actually get a Garbage Collect under 2.55MP, and it worked fine. A TI-83+ also successfully Garbage Collected with Doors CS. I'm calling this bug either old or unreproducible, and going ahead with the 7.2 release.
DCS 7.2 bug:

I've never seen this one before. When I went to the Options screen and tried to apply the ON hook option, DCS showed a randomly pixel-y square at the bottom of the screen and crashed. Nothing was wiped, the calc crashed and was off.

Since that happened, whenever I try to apply ANY change to the options in DCS, it crashes the same way. This has never happened to me in the other versions.

Cancelling the window doesn't crash it.

*Note
sort of unrelated, but Im not sure if this is entirely related to DCS or not. With DCS7.2 and Jerry.8xp, the mouse doesn't work (usb mouse) after you hover over an item and the box shows up. Nor does the usb mouse work for any DCS gui's, in the shell or not.
What other Apps with hooks are you running?
None. I have Axe, MSD8X, and thats it for the possible hooks.
GinDiamond wrote:
DCS 7.2 bug:

I've never seen this one before. When I went to the Options screen and tried to apply the ON hook option, DCS showed a randomly pixel-y square at the bottom of the screen and crashed. Nothing was wiped, the calc crashed and was off.

Since that happened, whenever I try to apply ANY change to the options in DCS, it crashes the same way. This has never happened to me in the other versions.

HEY! This is my #1 error too! I've even, in the past, emailed a picture of it to Kerm!
Caleb, this post is also for you. (Pictures don't really help. The "Pictures are worth 1000 words" is just a saying, we still need a pretty detailed list of events and variables. Posting 1000 words would be ideal)

GinDiamond wrote:
None. I have Axe, MSD8X, and thats it for the possible hooks.

Why not go through and list all the Applications, and programs, on your calculator then. Posting your free RAM could help too.

ASM Programs can initiate hooks too, right?
CalebHansberry wrote:
GinDiamond wrote:
DCS 7.2 bug:

HEY! This is my #1 error too! I've even, in the past, emailed a picture of it to Kerm!
Weird, this is the first I'm hearing about it. I received no such email from you.
*bump* So Caleb forwarded me his email that I had not received, and it turns out the bug he was talking about was with some of the right-click operations, like cutting and pasting. It had nothing to do with hooks (and I suspect was the result of corruption in his FLDSV7 or DCS7 appvars). I'm continuing to call this hook-related bug GinDiamond reported unverifiable for now.
Earlier today, I was using DCS 7.2 on my Ti 84+ (2.55MP). I wanted to shut off my calc, so I inadvertently pressed [2nd][ON] in quick succession.

However, I didn't exit DCS when I did that. What I got was a hang. DCS ceased to function. I couldn't move the mouse, and NONE of the buttons on the calc worked. A quick battery removal revived the calculator.

I don't know if this is an error just for me or for every calc with DCS, but its a weird one.
2nd is a click. Clearly you clicked on something with the 2nd. What did you click on?
I clicked on Gossamer

*EDIT
I just tested it some more. I only get this bug with Gossamer. Perhaps its not even DCS related.
Using a TI-84+SE
When I send Doors CS 7.2 (The latest version as of Aug. 30) to my calculator using TI Connect, when I open it for the first time, I close windows until Help Page 2. Then, When I try to close it, it crashes, displays the hourglass for a few seconds, then disappears the hourglass and crashes. I have to take out a battery to get back to the home screen. (It clears the RAM.) After that, if I start Doors CS, it works but there is nothing on the desktop. If I make BASIC programs, they display. I've tried twice, but the same thing happened both times.
>:-(
It sounds like a program corrupted your calculator's VAT. Were you using or playing any assembly or Axe programs or games before you tried Doors CS? What did you try twice (other than making BASIC programs) that made it crash again? What programs did you load and/or run other than Doors CS?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 34 of 40
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours