Haha. Ok, I just put my own SPIN (haha, get it?) on the wheel
TI_Coder wrote:
Haha. Ok, I just put my own SPIN (haha, get it?) on the wheel
*facepalm* That's terrible.

So what news of your incorporation of Weregoose's optimizations?
I am currently on prgm #5, only this far in because I am adding features to some of these, making it take much longer, but other than this, it's going fine.
TI_Coder wrote:
I am currently on prgm #5, only this far in because I am adding features to some of these, making it take much longer, but other than this, it's going fine.
Cool, mind sharing what kind of new features that you're adding, and to which?
Well... I have just finished a prgm called BINCLOCK which displays the time in Binary Decimal Digit. Also, LINEINFO is getting a second line type input, y=mx+b instead of only having (x1,y1) (x2,y2). I have continued work on MONOPOLY. PAZAAK is getting sell cards, and reset stats features. All prgms are being scrutinized for optimization opportunities...
TI_Coder wrote:
Well... I have just finished a prgm called BINCLOCK which displays the time in Binary Decimal Digit. Also, LINEINFO is getting a second line type input, y=mx+b instead of only having (x1,y1) (x2,y2). I have continued work on MONOPOLY. PAZAAK is getting sell cards, and reset stats features. All prgms are being scrutinized for optimization opportunities...
Most excellent, that sounds awesome! I hope to see your code soon. Slightly offtopic, nice signature / userbar stack, but could you put a single space instead of a single line return between each one? That way those of us with wide screens will see two or three on each line instead of just one, making it shorter overall. Smile
I appreciate your anticipation. And how does my userbar stack look now?...
TI_Coder wrote:
I appreciate your anticipation. And how does my userbar stack look now?...
Much better, thanks for doing that and saving me the trouble of editing your profile for you. Wink So what kinds of general lessons are you learning from comparing Weregoose's code with your own original code?
Mostly, it's just things to keep my code from being too trivial. His techniques are original, and use the calc's commands to it's full ability. I enjoy re-coding...sometimes... haha
TI_Coder wrote:
Mostly, it's just things to keep my code from being too trivial. His techniques are original, and use the calc's commands to it's full ability. I enjoy re-coding...sometimes... haha
Indeed, he does some very impressive stuff with re-using stuff like the statistics functions for things that most people would never have thought of.
/me throws TI-Mail against TICHAT and runs
qazz42 wrote:
/me throws TI-Mail against TICHAT and runs
So which do you think would win, assuming that TI_Coder had finished putting the two-calculator capabilities into TICHAT? What can each program learn from the other?
I use more advanced coding with he DCSBlibs Very Happy

I win
TI-CHAT won't require any libs. I win =D
TI_Coder wrote:
TI-CHAT won't require any libs. I win =D
With DCS7, I no longer consider you to have "won" by not using any libs, whereas back in my early TI-BASIC coding days I would have agreed with you. The libraries are already built into what I (of course) consider a great shell, so you aren't requiring people have anything extra on their calculator that they shouldn't have anyway. You lose by not taking advantage of the available libraries. Smile
yay! I win!
Eeeny meeny miiny moe... I chose qazz42 ^^

TI_Coder, without me reading the rest of the thread, what programs are you working on now? Do we get screenies?
_player1537 wrote:
Eeeny meeny miiny moe... I chose qazz42 ^^

TI_Coder, without me reading the rest of the thread, what programs are you working on now? Do we get screenies?
From this thread, it seems like he's working on maintenance and improvements on old programs at this point, rather than new programs. I've asked him for screenies myself, though, so hopefully he'll oblige soon. Smile
Kerm is completely correct in the above post. And I am also too lazy to post screenies, sorry. But I don't want to upload anything until I know these are done. Remember that I am working on perfecting about 20 programs now... By the way, I avoid using any libs or shells for the sole purpose of getting my programs out to as many people as possible. I want people to be able to use them without needing anything extra. So in this sense, I win my own battle. =D
lol, but I dont mean to put you down or anything

yours is a chat, which means multipal messages very quickly

mine is an email, one message at time...

Smile I made it TI-Mail because I tried a chat prgm, but failed...
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 6
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement