Yeah, it's a physical game guide. I might post some Let's Plays of both games though.

I can beat Yumé in like 2 minutes Very Happy Razz
KeithJohansen wrote:
Yeah, it's a physical game guide. I might post some Let's Plays of both games though.

Sure, but I can make the level counter and score counter in Invalid Tangram overflow to 0 on one try without hax. Wink It's always easier for the game creator. Very Happy
KermMartian wrote:
KeithJohansen wrote:

Sure, but I can make the level counter and score counter in Invalid Tangram overflow to 0 on one try without hax. Wink It's always easier for the game creator. Very Happy

So true, my game ATM would take 2 minutes to beat, but for someone that doesn't know.... about 10 min... And for someone who isn't smart... 30 min!
Lol Laughing

On topic, I'm actually considering implementing a simple save system in Yumé 2 since the game will be somewhat larger and more complex. It will depend on how complex it actually gets though, so we'll see.
*bump*

Another map update: http://i.imgur.com/Tzil0.png
As you can see, the Dream World in Yumé 2 is going to be a LOT bigger than the Dream World in Yumé. Including the empty rooms, that's only about 50-66% of the map.

In addition to 4 water tiles, I've borrowed the grave/tombstone tile as well. Current count is: 5 old tiles, 1 old sprite, 34 new tiles, and 4 new sprites
Wow, nice! Looks great. I see you went large with the trees, as you had been mentioning. Smile What are the maze-like things on the left for?
KermMartian wrote:
Wow, nice! Looks great. I see you went large with the trees, as you had been mentioning. Smile What are the maze-like things on the left for?

For fun Laughing
It's going to be an actual maze when I finish it and it will have a purpose. I was just busy focusing on the graveyard in the bottom-right.
*bump* (Do I bump too much? `-` )

Threw together some concept screenshots showing how the game is going to look as it is currently envisioned.

Oooh, s3xy-looking text boxes, I most heartily approve.
Animated screenshot!

Game is faster on calc of course `-`
Nice tilemap redraw time! Is that thanks to your own tilemapping routine or Doors CS? Smile
That'd be xLIB's doing. xLIB and xLIB only. Unless my calculator is doing things behind my back Razz
KeithJohansen wrote:
That'd be xLIB's doing. xLIB and xLIB only. Unless my calculator is doing things behind my back Razz
That's fair. Of course, with DCS7 you get faster rendering speeds. Smile
True, but not everybody uses Doors CS so I'd rather have the game rendering at high speed on xLIB alone so I know the game will be fast for (most) everyone.

Anywho, after I get some headway on the dialogue routines and events, I'm thinking I'll make Trailer #2 for Rika's Story tonight.
KeithJohansen wrote:
True, but not everybody uses Doors CS
YET! Very Happy But yeah, a good point, to be sure.
New screenshot!

Shows:
- New intro
- Life Force icon pulses when you lose LFP and pulses constantly when it drops to 10 or lower
- Small Life Force Orbs which recover 5 LFP
- Large Life Force Orbs which recover 10 LFP
- Another demonstration of being able to walk on edges as opposed to auto-move-to-next-room like in the first game
- "Give Up" scene

As always, note that the screenshot is slower than the game because my WabbitEmu sucks. Furthermore, the game will be faster than it is now once I optimize routines.
That looks great! The life force pulse looks a tad spazzy in the emulator; I'm sure it looks better oncalc (or else my judgement of spazziness is off a bit Smile). Excellent job, and this is moving along amazingly fast!
KermMartian wrote:
That looks great! The life force pulse looks a tad spazzy in the emulator; I'm sure it looks better oncalc (or else my judgement of spazziness is off a bit Smile). Excellent job, and this is moving along amazingly fast!

Yeah, it definitely looks somewhat better on calc, albeit the regular pulses (when you lose LFP) are a tad too quick. I'm still working on the code, though.

And yeah, development won't take very long. Once the main engine is finished, the entirety of the rest of the development is writing events and map matrices.

On another note, I'll get around to working on a second trailer after I get some more of the map and events done. Still need to pick out a song for it Razz
Woot, I hope that you can find something as dark and spooky as for the first trailer. That reminds me that I need to finish the DCS full trailer at some point. Oh, and also, how many Yumés do you plan to make in total?
The song won't be dark and spooky like the first one. Each game has its own theme. In the case of Yumé, the theme was 'loneliness' therefore the theme and trailer were dark and spooky, and conveyed a sense of being lonely. Yumé 2 has a different theme.

As for the number of games in the series, I currently have plans for five: Yumé, Yumé 2: Rika's Story, Yumé 3: Finality, Yumé 4: Prélude de Rêve, and Yumé 5: Nightmare Under the Nightmare

I could very well make even more if I come up with more ideas.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours