Evil or Very Mad *quietly walks off after dropping the image*
KeithJohansen wrote:

Evil or Very Mad *quietly walks off after dropping the image*
/me wants to press 2nd, but his left-shift key is doing nothing. Sad
You'll have to wait until after the end of the Cemetech DoorsCS 7 Contest to see more Razz
KeithJohansen wrote:
You'll have to wait until after the end of the Cemetech DoorsCS 7 Contest to see more Razz
Awww, that's no fair. Can you at least give hints about the storyline, or would that be too many spoilers for Yumé 1?
Okay, fine, you can have some hints Razz

Yumé 2, as its name implies, centers around Nanami's friend Rika and her adventures in the Dream World. Yumé 2 will be a lot bigger and a lot darker and will answer questions left unanswered at the end of the first game.
How does its name imply that?

Will there be a Merth? Very Happy
merthsoft wrote:
How does its name imply that?

Will there be a Merth? Very Happy

Well, the full name of the game as shown in the screencap and in my signature is Yumé 2: Rika's Story. So obviously, the game has SOMETHING to do with Rika Razz

And yes, there will be a Merth Razz
Oooh, I didn't look at your sig... My bad, I feel dumb Sad
merthsoft wrote:
I was similarly confused. Sad Now I get it.
merthsoft wrote:

KermMartian wrote:
merthsoft wrote:
I was similarly confused. Sad Now I get it.

I could maybe understand Merth's confusion but you saw the screencap Kerm... Confused

ANYwho, I'm in the process of figuring out the sprites for the second game. Again, still uncertain if I want to stick to 8x8 or go bigger.
Interesting, I'll look forward to see what you come up with as far as possible different sprite sizes, KeithJohansen. Apparently I didn't read the screenshot carefully enough; are you sure you didn't edit it? I could have sworn it just said Yumé 2: Press 2nd? Sad
Nope, I didn't edit it. It always said Yumé 2 Rika's Story.

I have some ideas for sprites of differing sizes. I'll work on hashing together some stuff tonight because I also had an epic idea for a trailer Razz
KeithJohansen wrote:

I have some ideas for sprites of differing sizes. I'll work on hashing together some stuff tonight because I also had an epic idea for a trailer Razz
I definitely look forward to seeing a trailer! That reminds me that I need to finish my own trailer at some point.
One of many trailers for the sequel

Say, I might have to start another thread Razz
Well, it's certainly very dramatic, to be sure! Do I catch elements of the DCS7 teaser and the Lies trailer in there? Wink
KermMartian wrote:
Well, it's certainly very dramatic, to be sure! Do I catch elements of the DCS7 teaser and the Lies trailer in there? Wink

Maybe I did so subconsciously but I was going straight up for an Evangelion feel Razz

Hey Kerm, I can has subforumz plzkthxbai? Just Joking
I suggest splitting all the Yumé 2 posts into a separate Yumé 2 thread `-`
KeithJohansen wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Maybe I did so subconsciously but I was going straight up for an Evangelion feel Razz
Ah, I'm not familiar with that particular game (movie? show?); I'll have to look it up. On a more substantive note, do you have any timeframe in mind for Rika's Story?
Neon Genesis Evangelion is a Japanese theo-tech anime. It's well-renowned for being somewhat mind-f***ish and creepy.

The quick flash of words in Yumé 2's trailer is analogous to the quick flashing of images and words in the opening to the Evangelion series. The song used (Ode to Joy) is also plot-centric in Evangelion.

The point I'm trying to emphasize in the trailer is that Yumé 2 will be creepy. Even more so than the first Yumé was intended to be.

also, time frame as in game development or time frame as in plot?
That makes sense. Also, time frame as in the development time frame; what kind of deadlines you're looking at, if any.
KeithJohansen wrote:
I totally missed it too.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours