KeithJohansen wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
KeithJohansen wrote:
2) Mk. It's not a big deal really. It just makes the game look a lot nicer.
I was unable to replicate this on a TI-84+SE running 2.53MP using this code chunk:

Code:
:real(7,0
:For(A,1,1000
:End

Development on the problem!
I just managed to replicate both graphical problems in 6.2 and from the homescreen. What seems to be happening is that for some reason, the lines where the screen is filled with black (a real() black filled rectangle from 0,0 to 95,63) and the run indicator is turned off get skipped. I can't fathom why. :S
That's extremely odd. I hope that the code that you send me will clarify the issues. :/
*bump* I haven't gotten to look at SubaruZX's issues yet, but I did receive this helpful email from Braden:

Braden wrote:
More testing has revealed the circumstance that causes CHAIN7 to appear. It’s actually so simple, I can’t believe I didn’t see it before. It appears if you open the Properties Menu, and exit DCS without running any programs after, regardless of whether or not a option from the Properties menu was used. It also disappears if DCS is ran again without using the Properties Menu, or using it, and running a program after it.
I also found a bug with the Hide feature. If an archived program/file is hidden, overwriting data in the Archive and running Garbage Collect will replace its icon with a TI-Basic Icon, and cause a 504 Error when trying to run it. InfoPop also shows the size as 65535 Bytes, and the first character in the name is replaced with another character, for example, D replaced by w, P by √. The original/replacement pairs seem to always be the same. This can be undone with another Archive overwrite and Garbage Collect, or a RAM clear. However, if the same program is unhidden without doing either one after, trying to run it from TI-OS without the Homerun Hook will cause a RAM clear, as will browsing to the program location in the TI Memory Manager. But trying to run it with the Homerun Hook will lock up the calc during execution, the only way out is pulling a battery.
I had a problem trying to run an Ion ASM program (attached). It was recognised as a TI-Basic program, not Ion ASM, and running it resulted in an Error 514. I tried another Ion ASM program, and it worked, so I figure it must be a problem with this program in particular. However, it always worked with DCS6.
I also noticed that program sizes shown by InfoPop are always smaller than those shown by TI-OS. Is this normal?
Finally, I noticed the DCS menu no longer stays open after exiting the Options window. But, it’s not a problem, and I’m guessing it’s intended.
some of these happen to me alot O_o
qazz42 wrote:
some of these happen to me alot O_o
Which ones, specifically? I'm very very happy that someone finally traced down the CHAIN7 issue; that was going to drive me nuts.
DCS7 doesn't recognize any non-compiled ASM program (using the AsmPrgm token) as ASM, so the program creates a syntax error.

Also, when you delete the nonarchived appvar, and you try to do a calculation, the warning screen appears (the one that says your calc crashed or reset). When you delete all appvars and you don't ram clear, the About screen pops up when you do a calculation.

EDIT: I would like it more if the memory information and InfoPop appeared more quickly, and if the pop-ups wouldn't disappear automatically. Also, is it possible to make DSC7 display more description? Like, a description that doesn't take up the whole line in MirageOS takes up the whole line on DCS7.

Custom startup (like TI's Startup app) would also be great.
Welcome to Cemetech, program4! I was hoping you'd start posting at some point, since you've been lurking for about a week. Smile

program4 wrote:
DCS7 doesn't recognize any non-compiled ASM program (using the AsmPrgm token) as ASM, so the program creates a syntax error.
I consider that correct behavior for now. I'd be more than happy to try to make it automatically compile on-the-fly in the future, though. Smile

program4 wrote:
Also, when you delete the nonarchived appvar, and you try to do a calculation, the warning screen appears (the one that says your calc crashed or reset). When you delete all appvars and you don't ram clear, the About screen pops up when you do a calculation.
As would be expected, since the AppVar disappeared. That usually only happens when your calculator RAM Clears. I can't think of a reason why the AppVar would arbitrarily disappear under normal operation, so I don't really consider that a bug either.

program4 wrote:
EDIT: I would like it more if the memory information and InfoPop appeared more quickly, and if the pop-ups wouldn't disappear automatically. Also, is it possible to make DSC7 display more description? Like, a description that doesn't take up the whole line in MirageOS takes up the whole line on DCS7.

Custom startup (like TI's Startup app) would also be great.
I agree that the MemoryPop should appear more quickly, as should the InfoPop. Thanks for that. Smile
numbers one and 3 KermM
Request: change the APD key combination to something else, because Omnicalc uses On+Mode with its Virtual Calc function. Maybe use On+Matrix instead?
qazz42 wrote:
numbers one and 3 KermM
You mean CHAIN7 and Ion programs? I see the CHAIN7 issue and am working on tracing it; not so sure about the Ion stuff.

@Silver: That's fine with me. Does anyone have any objections?
http://ourl.ca/6770/111644

(uh-oh, better tell this guy about the bug)
qazz42 wrote:
http://ourl.ca/6770/111644

(uh-oh, better tell this guy about the bug)
You and I both did it, so I assume he's on his way. I'm surprised he downloaded 6.2, I thought I had said to get 7.0 RC 1 in #omnimaga. Smile
Eh, he might not have been on Razz
The manual should be changed to reflect the actual help and options menu (pages 15 and 16). Razz

Also, fine-tuning for the contrast might be good.
program4 wrote:
The manual should be changed to reflect the actual help and options menu (pages 15 and 16). Razz

Also, fine-tuning for the contrast might be good.
Ah, thanks, I had forgotten about the new Help things, although I had indeed updated the Options screenshot and descriptions. Smile What do you mean about fine-tuning the contrast?
I'm so new at this and have no idea how to use it. I installed it, but I cannot find any legit apps. Can I be pointed in the direction, also can someone explain to me the process of putting this app on and playing it?
Myntal wrote:
I'm so new at this and have no idea how to use it. I installed it, but I cannot find any legit apps. Can I be pointed in the direction, also can someone explain to me the process of putting this app on and playing it?
So there's apps, and there's just regular games. Doors CS can run 99.9% of the games you can get here:

http://www.ticalc.org/pub/83plus/asm/games/
Is the mario on the site, the best one out?
Myntal wrote:
Is the mario on the site, the best one out?
There's quite a few versions of Mario out there; does anyone have an opinion which one is the best?
Well, while we wait on that one xD what are some must haves?
sam heald's mario 1.2 or 2.0

EDIT: Welcome to cemetech

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours