qazz42 wrote:
I Cant seem to replicate any of them :/
Let's see:

:: I could not replicate the Launch DCS on Startup checkbox malfunction bug
:: I COULD replicate the infinite underlaid hourglass after delete/run-from-empty bug
:: I COULD replicate the 503-crash bug from running a program after deleting a program.
:: I didn't try replicating the inability of OFFSCRPT to carry over between betas and RAM Clears, but I know how to fix it anyway.
:: I tried running Bubble Breaker on a TI-83+/1.19, and it crashed to a screen of static straight from the main menu.
:: iGo problem replicated. That too is a simple interrupts-based + flags fix.
ok, a few more things i found while waiting for my brother to move:
in case it helps,Serpent2 seems to behave the same way as bubble breaker upon exit(blank, response-less screen necessitating RAM clear)

the character "2" has been replaced in 2 of my programs with other seemingly random ascii:
SERPENT2 is now SERPENT[fat down arrow used in archive listing]
TECHRAP2 is now TECHRAP[fat right arrow used in archive listing]
these characters show up rather strangely in the doors main gui(TECHRAP2 now reads as TECHRAPE Surprised ). i have other progs with names ending in 2, but as of yet nothing has happened to them

upon deleting a single file the subsequent file was also deleted(this has only happened once) and, when attempting to run a file contained in the same folder(listed after the second file which was deleted) the subsequent file(in alphabetical order) was opened instead(clicking on file QWERTY launched file REVERSI instead). this problem disappeared when migrating folders. also, when moving files around between folders IMPOSSIBLE began to show up as a Basic file, and when i attempted to open it i was given an err: invalid filename(or something similar[this was a few hours ago]) and the file simply disappeared from my system entirely.

while doing a lot of reorganizing(deleting, folder creation, and so forth)i was greeted with something odd. after pasting a file into a subfolder the scroll bar decided to display a rather odd pattern(the top few lines looked like this:
[]=filled pixel, ()=empty pixel
()[][][]()
[][]()[][]
()()[]()()
[][]()[][]
[]()()()[]
[][]()[][]
()()[]()()
[][]()[][]
[]()()()[]
and so on)
this is on the top page of a two page subfolder. ive had this same problem occur previously, but was just reminded of it now. if you exit doors immediately everything is usually fine, but if the user ignores it and continues going about his business the system will eventually crash and RAM clear.

One Mooore thing!
the custom cursor editor can turn pixels black, but, once they are black, can not turn them white again. ive tested this on both my 83+ and 84+SE

sorry to be the bearer of bad news(especially when ive contributed so very little to the forum recently). even if the end product still contains a few bugs the good far out-ways the bad. thanks for the months of work, Kerm! you've made a lot of people very happy!
shmibs wrote:
ok, a few more things i found while waiting for my brother to move:
in case it helps,Serpent2 seems to behave the same way as bubble breaker upon exit(blank, response-less screen necessitating RAM clear)
I haven't gotten Bubble Breaker to run properly past the main menu, let alone been able to quit, so I haven't succeeded in replicating this yet, but I'll keep trying.

shmibs wrote:
the character "2" has been replaced in 2 of my programs with other seemingly random ascii:
SERPENT2 is now SERPENT[fat down arrow used in archive listing]
TECHRAP2 is now TECHRAP[fat right arrow used in archive listing]
these characters show up rather strangely in the doors main gui(TECHRAP2 now reads as TECHRAPE Surprised ). i have other progs with names ending in 2, but as of yet nothing has happened to them
Did you name those manually with the [2] key in PRGM->NEW, or get them elsewhere? It might be the subscript 2 that Doors CS is getting confused about.

shmibs wrote:
upon deleting a single file the subsequent file was also deleted(this has only happened once) and, when attempting to run a file contained in the same folder(listed after the second file which was deleted) the subsequent file(in alphabetical order) was opened instead(clicking on file QWERTY launched file REVERSI instead). this problem disappeared when migrating folders. also, when moving files around between folders IMPOSSIBLE began to show up as a Basic file, and when i attempted to open it i was given an err: invalid filename(or something similar[this was a few hours ago]) and the file simply disappeared from my system entirely.
I'm pretty sure these are all symptomatic of the VFAT not getting re-generated after moving, pasting, deleting, renaming, or copying a program. See Braden's hourglass and 503-crash bugs above.

shmibs wrote:
while doing a lot of reorganizing(deleting, folder creation, and so forth)i was greeted with something odd. after pasting a file into a subfolder the scroll bar decided to display a rather odd pattern(the top few lines looked like this:
[]=filled pixel, ()=empty pixel
()[][][]()
[][]()[][]
()()[]()()
[][]()[][]
[]()()()[]
[][]()[][]
()()[]()()
[][]()[][]
[]()()()[]
and so on)
this is on the top page of a two page subfolder. ive had this same problem occur previously, but was just reminded of it now. if you exit doors immediately everything is usually fine, but if the user ignores it and continues going about his business the system will eventually crash and RAM clear.
I tried replicating this and failed. If you could give me steps to replicate it or an email with a zip of your calculator with a folder that replicates this, I would be very appreciative. Smile

shmibs wrote:
One Mooore thing!
the custom cursor editor can turn pixels black, but, once they are black, can not turn them white again. ive tested this on both my 83+ and 84+SE
False, the Manual specifies a new key set: [2nd]=black, [ALPHA]=white, [CLEAR]=transparent, [ENTER]=finish

shmibs wrote:
sorry to be the bearer of bad news(especially when ive contributed so very little to the forum recently). even if the end product still contains a few bugs the good far out-ways the bad. thanks for the months of work, Kerm! you've made a lot of people very happy!
Cheers, and I'll try to track down these errors today and tomorrow. I hope you remedy your lack of recent contributions. Wink
Quote:
: I could not replicate the Launch DCS on Startup checkbox malfunction bug

Well, at first I could not, but on a third try, I managed to replicate it O_o
qazz42 wrote:
Quote:
: I could not replicate the Launch DCS on Startup checkbox malfunction bug

Well, at first I could not, but on a third try, I managed to replicate it O_o
Can you describe what happened? What did you have checked before you chose OK, then what was checked afterwards?
1. uncheck everything except "launch DCS at startup"

2. Click ok

3. go back to the options menu

4. uncheck "launch DCS at startup"

5. Click ok

6. go back to the options menu, and there you go, everything below "launch DCS at startup" will be checked O_O
qazz42 wrote:
1. uncheck everything except "launch DCS at startup"
2. Click ok
3. go back to the options menu
4. uncheck "launch DCS at startup"
5. Click ok
6. go back to the options menu, and there you go, everything below "launch DCS at startup" will be checked O_O
OK, I'll test this next.

I solved the iGo flashing cursor thing, which was indeed because the TI-OS interrupt was enabled at the DCS desktop. There were two culprits: bcall(_RunIndicOff) (which I changed to a simple res IndicRun, (iy+indicFlags), and the other was mos_fastline, the MirageOS fastline routine clone I have, which di/ei'd. I wrapped that in a more polite conditional ei that only re-enables interrupts if they were enabled before the di. One bug down, several to go!

Edit: OK, I replicated the checkbox bug, but it took a LOT of effort. I had to:
1) Check _everything_, click OK
2) Return, uncheck everything except launch on Startup, click OK
3) Return, uncheck Launch on Startup as well, click OK
4) Return, now the three checkboxes after that are checked
Yay, good, it was a hard bug to replicate, now, we musst figure out what's causing it...
qazz42 wrote:
Yay, good, it was a hard bug to replicate, now, we musst figure out what's causing it...
Aye, indeed. I just did a bit more checking and unchecking, and I confirmed that I can only replicate the bug if I check everything before I start unchecking anything. If I just toggle the Launch checkbox on and off, nothing happens.

Edit: Bug is fixed. This bug was due to not taking into account that if the gui7 AppVar is above the OFFSCRPT variable (which it must be) and then OFFSCRPT gets deleted, gui7 is now in a different place. Judicious use of RelocatablePtr1 and RelocatablePtr2 fixed this; thanks to BrandonW for making me aware of those two pointers.
*bump*

Regarding the bug about clicking a blank spot after deleting a program causes an infinite hourglass on the desktop: Fixed. Will need beta-testers to verify I didn't break anything else with my fix.

Edit: I also seem to have somehow made three folders get lost in the shuffle, such that DocDE7 can see them but they don't seem to be on the DCS desktop.

Edit#2: Wow am I dumb. Very Happy I was in one of the subfolders.
KermM wrote:
Did you name those manually with the [2] key in PRGM->NEW, or get them elsewhere? It might be the subscript 2 that Doors CS is getting confused about.

that's possible, as i did not make them myself. however, it interpreted them perfectly well for a while(and it's not just doors being confused, the names of the files have actually been altered)

KermM wrote:
I tried replicating this and failed. If you could give me steps to replicate it or an email with a zip of your calculator with a folder that replicates this, I would be very appreciative. Smile

although it has happened more than once, i have yet to notice any pattern to it, so i cant help you Sad

KermM wrote:
False, the Manual specifies a new key set: [2<sup>nd</sup>]=black, [ALPHA]=white, [CLEAR]=transparent, [ENTER]=finish

no.. too many buttons Laughing
i need to start reading manuals before using things(especially when it comes to delicate electronic equipment)
So, no luck on the scrollbar issue, but most importantly, I can get neither Serpent nor Bubble Breaker to crash. Actually, for me Bubble Breaker crashes immediately after the main menu to random static, is that happens for you? What calculator model and OS are you running?
*bump* As per a request, Doors CS will now allow you to select whether you want folders automatically backed up via the FolderRestore feature (of course, it is enabled by default). For those who choose to disable it, there is now a Backup button in the Options menu for manually creating a backup. Here's a demo of that manual option with automatic FolderRestore saving disabled:

*triple rainbow errr bump* Modified the way that the power-on launch works so now it will be fixed after at most one execution of Doors CS after a version upgrade or RAM clear without having to enter the DCS Menu -> Options. The burden of free space in the app shifted as a result of moving the Launch on Startup code from the Options screen to DCS boot/cleanup:

Code:
Page 0 is 15813 bytes long (571 bytes to spare)
Page 1 is 15810 bytes long (574 bytes to spare)
Page 2 is 15979 bytes long (405 bytes to spare)

Of the issues that Braden and Shmibs reported and that I discovered myself, the following items remain:

:: Shmibs reports that Bubble Breaker and Serpent break DCS on quit.
:: Some BASIC progs like DCSCALC crashing on exit?
this happened on 6.8.4, thought you might want to see it

What led up to the crash qazz?
qazz42 wrote:
this happened on 6.8.4, thought you might want to see it

What _player said. How did you get to that?
Kerm, here's an idea I also requested on irc. Can you recognize if it's a 84, and if it is display a clock icon in the bottom pane. If you click on it, you can see the current date and time, and set the time if you wish (instead of doing that from the mode menu). Another way to do this is display the time, and clicking that would show the time and date.
remember, this is a old beta of dcs

also, I press the control button while on the dcs desktop in wabbit. I had only one program..
ztrumpet wrote:
Kerm, here's an idea I also requested on irc. Can you recognize if it's a 84, and if it is display a clock icon in the bottom pane. If you click on it, you can see the current date and time, and set the time if you wish (instead of doing that from the mode menu). Another way to do this is display the time, and clicking that would show the time and date.
Actually, I'm planning on making this as an SE; I decided not to build it into DCS. Smile

@Qazz: Do you think it was just after you deleted a program? Do you want to see if you can duplicate it in my latest beta I'll be releasing this evening?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours