I can't get any screenshots today but i will have them tomorrow

Kerm, your asm code worked, but now I have a folder on the desktop that is labeled "M" and it wasn't there before. When I click the folder, it executes prgmCHKEVNT again.

EDIT: The SE is causing many problems on my calc, I have decided to not use it for now
souvik1997 wrote:
Kerm, your asm code worked, but now I have a folder on the desktop that is labeled "M" and it wasn't there before. When I click the folder, it executes prgmCHKEVNT again.
Fascinating. I'll see if I can replicate that, it sounds like either a DCS bug or something I should ask you to do differently in the SE.
The SE creates a lot of problems on my calc.
Here are some screenshots (the resolution isn't that high because I took these pictures from my iPhone)

Pics here (Picasa):http://picasaweb.google.com/109755635561091659882/SEGlitches#

First pic: DCS desktop when my appvar is not present on the calc
Second pic: Same as first pic, different angle
Third pic: What the SE is supposed to show. This only happens 20% of the time I launch DCS
Fourth pic: Ram clear after launching DCS
Fifth pic: Same as third pic
souvik1997 wrote:
The SE creates a lot of problems on my calc.
Here are some screenshots (the resolution isn't that high because I took these pictures from my iPhone)

Pics here (Picasa):http://picasaweb.google.com/109755635561091659882/SEGlitches#
Ooooh, you're doing GUI things in the SE, that might cause problems. Would you mind emailing me your two programs and the ASM source so I can test them out?
Email sent to
admin[at][this website]
souvik1997 wrote:
Email sent to
admin[at][this website]
Email received. I'll edit this post once I figure some things out.
So, have you figured anything out yet?
souvik1997 wrote:
So, have you figured anything out yet?
Oooh, you got yourself an avatar! Nah, just taking a look at it now. I suspect the issue is that DCS is not happy with you using the GUI system in an SE, but I'm checking it.

Edit: There's a syntax error on the first line of your CHK... program, so I need to solve that first.

Edit #2: Aight, so it runs fine, but I see why it crashes or does odd things afterwards. Doing GUI things overwrites and trashes all kinds of valuable information that Doors CS needs. :S I don't really see a good solution.
Ok then, i going to change the chk... program.
souvik1997 wrote:
Ok then, i going to change the chk... program.
Sounds good. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news; in other situations it would be a good way to do things. Smile
Here are the screenshots I promised Smile

Picasa: http://picasaweb.google.com/109755635561091659882/ScreenshotsOfContestEntry#

Hope you like them Very Happy
souvik1997 wrote:
Here are the screenshots I promised Smile

Picasa: http://picasaweb.google.com/109755635561091659882/ScreenshotsOfContestEntry#

Hope you like them Very Happy
They look great! Although I had of course already seen them. Smile For those who don't feel like clicking through:

The only I have left do is coding the calendar and fixing bugs.

I don't have much time to program each day, so the calendar could take some time to complete.
May I recommend putting a colon between the hour/minute input boxes and writing HH:MM under that?
I don't have much room left in the window, so idk

i'll try though
souvik1997 wrote:
I don't have much room left in the window, so idk

i'll try though
I think you could definitely fit it in there, but it's your call. Smile
Done Smile
souvik1997 wrote:
Done Smile
Woohoo, awesome. The other thing I noticed when I was using your program to test the SE issue is that the Help button didn't seem to work, nor did the Quit button in top right, but I assume that that's something still on your agenda?
Yeah, it is
souvik1997 wrote:
Yeah, it is
Ah, that's fair. How much do you have left to do at this point? Hope the deadline is not in danger! Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours