it came out a few days ago...

did anyone get it yet?

i am probably not going to be able to get it in a while...
since i dont really have time to play it anyways...

but for some reason, to my opinion, it's not as good as the original one in both balancing and gameplay...

i dont know.. it just seems a bit unbalanced and stuff to me...

what do you guys think?
I played horribly the three or four times that I tried Starcraft 1, so I have no interest whatsoever in getting owned in Starcraft 2. Also, Unreal Tournament is all the gaming addiction that I need, so I'm gonna not get it for now. Smile
I bought the Collectors Edition on Release Day. I have played through the campaign all the way through, and I enjoyed it quite a bit. I have not done any of the multiplayer, so I can't say if the units are really balanced yet.

If anything, I am sure the Blizzard will be issuing out minor patches that help balance the sides up. Some of it will be from player responses and what they notice in the game. If the Zerg are winning all the games, they will be nerfed. If Protos can't win a match, they will probably get a buff. Give it a little time (especially with the forums, people will probably respond to the changes faster), and I am sure things will balance out quite well.
yeah... your probably right...

i am just afraid that the Koreans wont take it on as their national sport any more lol
I'm getting it today, I'll let you know what I think. I do know that, just like in Starcarft and Brood War, if there are any balancging issues, Blizzard will adjust them.
Balancing won't be an issue. That's what the beta was for.

Gameplay is very nice, but it's not really like sc1, or wc3 in its tech trees. It's its own game.

BTW you'll need a pretty decent PC to run it. More than WC3.
WhiteValkery wrote:
yeah... your probably right...

i am just afraid that the Koreans wont take it on as their national sport any more 0x5
I don't think there's any big danger of that, if my school is any indication. Very Happy
I love the game so far. Some minor balancing issues, but Blizzard will fix them. They did with the first SC, after all. They released balance patches until 2007, I believe, followed with a few more patches afterward.

Also, I am happy the game is still fast-paced like SC1, unlike Warcraft 3 compared to Warcraft 2. That said, the first Starcraft is still epic, though. I still play it from time to time, with people who don't have the 2nd one (or a computer to run it) yet.
I played the beta quite a bit, but haven't done the multiplayer in the retail version. It probably sucks though.
allynfolksjr wrote:
I played the beta quite a bit, but haven't done the multiplayer in the retail version. It probably sucks though.
What did you think of the beta then? Did that suck?
KermMartian wrote:
allynfolksjr wrote:
What did you think of the beta then? Did that suck?

the multiplayer in the beta is pretty nice actually...
Loved the campaign.

Pissed as hell that all my units are gone in quick match. I get that there are fewer units for online and league, but I want all my campaign units you bastards!

Also, no medic == sad Sad M&M was my favorite build from SC1.
I've requested it for my birthday, we'll see what happens.
Kllrnohj wrote:
Loved the campaign.

Pissed as hell that all my units are gone in quick match. I get that there are fewer units for online and league, but I want all my campaign units you bastards!

Also, no medic == sad Sad M&M was my favorite build from SC1.
Yeah I was surprised when I saw there were units I could use in campaign but not multiplayer. I also miss my Lurkers, as Zerg player.
merthsoft wrote:
I'm getting it today, I'll let you know what I think. I do know that, just like in Starcarft and Brood War, if there are any balancging issues, Blizzard will adjust them.

Alright, I like it. A lot. I'm disappointed that I'm going to have to buy two more games to actually get the full experience, but it's fun, so there's that.
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Yeah I was surprised when I saw there were units I could use in campaign but not multiplayer. I also miss my Lurkers, as Zerg player.

I don't even care if I can't have them in multiplayer, at least let me pick them in offline quick match! Or unranked custom games.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours