http://store.steampowered.com/app/630/
he new game Alien Swarm (the UT2K4 mod remade/enhanced for the Source Engine) is free to download off steam, its really fun, ive been playing for 12 hours total so far, and my player is at level 25.

my SteamID is Dontar for anyone who has/gets Alien Swarm and wants to play

the wiki page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_Swarm

as you level up you unlock extra weapons/accessories.

get the Hat Trick Achievement (complete 2 coop missions online) and you unlock a Parasite Hat for Team Fortress 2

this is from another forum, info on adding bots on online multiplayer games, (good for if you cannot get a full game)

Quote:
So, to add a bot to your game:
cl_selectm (marinenum) (slot)
(marinenum) being numbers 0-7 for Sarge, Wildcat, etc. through Vegas, respectively.
(slot) being 0-3, for players 1-4, respectively. Slot number -1 can also be used to add to the first available slot.

To remove a bot from your game:
cl_dselectm (marinenum)
(marinenum) again being numbers 0-7 for Sarge, Wildcat, etc. through Vegas, respectively.

These commands must be used directly from the lobby menu. Using them anywhere else will result in invalid command errors from the console.

For those suspicious of the ability to add bots to a game, let me clarify some points:
-- You do not gain any EXP from bot kills and bots simply share your level.
-- Bots can, unfortunately, be added by public game joiners. However, new players can still join, and once the lobby fills up, all bots will be automatically kicked and none will be able to be added.
-- When a player leaves (or is kicked from) a lobby, his/her bots will leave as well.

There are, of course, some issues with MP bots as well. Anyone giving a "hold" or "go" order will order all bots, regardless of rather he/she "owns" them or not - however, equipment orders and marine switching work as intended. Also, bots sometimes do not leave correctly when new players join until the lobby fills up to 4 players, as mentioned above - this is being looked into, but in the meantime, use the cl_dselectm command to remove bots if you don't have a full lobby joining.
You should join the TCPA group on Steam (TI Calculator Programming Alliance), as that is what most of us are in. I have downloaded the game, and I know comicIDIOT, Jonimus, and Tari have as well, but I'm afraid I haven't gotten a chance to play it yet. I hope I do soon.
KermMartian wrote:
... I'm afraid I haven't gotten a chance to play it yet. I hope I do soon.
Let's play when you get home Razz
comicIDIOT wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
I see no reason not too. It's also an FPS, but with 2-4 player coop, right?
Its actually a top down shooter, and a rather decent one at that, though when I played with Tari I was only soso at it.
TheStorm wrote:
Its actually a top down shooter, and a rather decent one at that, though when I played with Tari I was only soso at it.
Ohhh, I thought those topdown shots were just for cinematic effect. Fascinating, I don't think I've ever played a topdown shooter other than the Blackhawk Striker type of game.
Dontar wrote:
get the Hat Trick Achievement (complete 2 coop missions online) and you unlock a Parasite Hat for Team Fortress 2

comicIDIOT wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
I second this sentiment.
just checked system requirements, my laptop is good Smile I'm downloading now Razz 2 hours to download Sad
Isn't a Hat Trick three or more consecutive goals? Why is two for AS?
comicIDIOT wrote:
That's an excellent question. :/ Speaking of hat tricks, we could always play UT... Wink
comicIDIOT wrote:

Because you get a hat, duh! Razz
what exactly does the tag look like? (as on playerlist,etc)

also, if you have sv_cheats set to 1 you can use a "kinda" firstperson mode

Quote:

firstperson
asw_hide_marine 1
asw_controls 0

First one enables firstperson mode, second one hides your marine so you can see, third one changes the camera controls to be more FPS like.

kinda hard to play in fps mode since aliens come at you at all directions
KermMartian wrote:
You should join the TCPA group on Steam (TI Calculator Programming Alliance), as that is what most of us are in. I have downloaded the game, and I know comicIDIOT, Jonimus, and Tari have as well, but I'm afraid I haven't gotten a chance to play it yet. I hope I do soon.

Come to think of it, there's also [Z80], which is more directly related to Cemetech.

[Z80]
TCPA
Dontar wrote:
what exactly does the tag look like? (as on playerlist,etc)
It's not a tag, just a group.
just add me on steam, I always have it on..

even when I play my pirated L4D2...im saving up to buy a real copy so I can play online with americans, only "illegal servers" I can join, are japanese, and everyone that talks, speaks japanese...I have to turn off voice communication because they talk so much it drowns out the game sounds.
Thanks for mentioning that [z80] group, Tari; I didn't realized there was one! Now I'm a member of that as well. Hmm, we should invite them to play UT with us. Laughing

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours