Numbers: 1,401 users have written 110,499 posts in 4,365 topics totalling 4,147,889 words and garnering 7,796,366 topic views. The 445 programs in the file archives were written by 55 authors and have been downloaded a total of 22,211 times

So as of midnight this morning, Cemetech has over 1400 users, 110,000 posts, and well over four million words posted. 7.8 million topic views have been accrued, the archives contain 445 programs, and 394 news articles have been posted. I myself am 278 posts shy of a massive 30,000 posts (Very Happy) and several other users are nearly neck-in-neck for subsequent post records, which you can see at the link below. Kllrnohj, tifreak8x, and Ultimate Dev'r are all between 7068 and 7014 posts. Thoughts and discussions?

http://www.cemetech.net/forum/memberlist.php

Also, check out a posts graph at the bottom, which indicates this summer's uptick very nicely. Notice that the 30-day moving average (the black line) has once again entered pre-2007 territory.

This summer seems more active than usual summers in the TI community. Normally at the end of June, things slows down a lot compared to the rest of the year. I guess this year the contests and the recent TI community discoveries have helped a lot. On our side we had our 2nd most active month in history (6539 posts, despite several people being less active, including myself). The second most active July month on Omni was 1500-ish posts in 2007.

That makes me wonder... if both sites were that active in July, imagine what it will be when school restarts

EDIT: UTI is really slow, though... both in terms of activity and page loading...
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
This summer seems more active than usual summers in the TI community. Normally at the end of June, things slows down a lot compared to the rest of the year. I guess this year the contests and the recent TI community discoveries have helped a lot. On our side we had our 2<sup>nd</sup> most active month in history (6539 posts, despite several people being less active, including myself). The second most active July month on Omni was 1500-ish posts in 2007.
Very impressive, and I agree that it's been much much more active than the usual summer, probably also partly due to site-centered projects like Doors CS and Axe, respectively.

DJ Omnimaga wrote:
That makes me wonder... if both sites were that active in July, imagine what it will be when school restarts
I can't wait, especially since the two main projects I mentioned above are due to be finished and published at the end of the summer.

DJ Omnimaga wrote:
EDIT: UTI is really slow, though... both in terms of activity and page loading...
Aye, qazz was complaining about the latter. I'm surprised, because they used to be the ones to beat it terms of massive site activity.
Yeah, it would not load ;.;
qazz42 wrote:
Yeah, it would not load ;.;
To be honest, I couldn't get it to load either, which makes me think that they're having some kind of server or DNS issues.
KermMartian wrote:
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
This summer seems more active than usual summers in the TI community. Normally at the end of June, things slows down a lot compared to the rest of the year. I guess this year the contests and the recent TI community discoveries have helped a lot. On our side we had our 2<sup>nd</sup> most active month in history (6539 posts, despite several people being less active, including myself). The second most active July month on Omni was 1500-ish posts in 2007.
Very impressive, and I agree that it's been much much more active than the usual summer, probably also partly due to site-centered projects like Doors CS and Axe, respectively.
That and I would also add Ndless development. I've seen more TI-Nspire programmers lately.

KermMartian wrote:
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
I can't wait, especially since the two main projects I mentioned above are due to be finished and published at the end of the summer.
True and even if they were delayed, there are already a lot of features being added over the time anyway. Add to that the contests.

KermMartian wrote:
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Aye, qazz was complaining about the latter. I'm surprised, because they used to be the ones to beat it terms of massive site activity.
In my case, pages eventually loads, but it usually takes about 10-20 seconds per page in average since the day they moved to a new server in April.

EDIT: Quoting fail
Kevin, you seem to keep track of all these statistics things; how has UTI measured up in terms of average daily postcount lately?
Oh it has become very easy to track down the statistics, although my way of doing it is not 100% accurate, since it includes the 2-5 spambot posts a month on Cemetech, Revsoft, MaxCoderz and Omni, but it gives a good idea of how sites went. It's easy because it only involves tracking the last post of every month and on the forums that won't let me do that, there are about 10-30 posts per month. There are some exceptions, though, such as www.ticalcs.net, which is invaded by spambots that are smart enough to reply to calculator questions while advertising their random cigarette/WoW hacking products in their signatures. There's also CalcG.org, which provide no way to access individual post IDs, for example.

I haven't checked my graph in a bit but I updated it when this month began, I think. So far in 2010, Cemetech is in the early 13000s, UTI 2400, Omni 34000, TI-BD 1200, TI-Freakware, Revsoft and Ticalcs.net 400-ish and MaxCoderz 300. Detacheds has 7 posts. So far in 2010 only Cemetech and Omni are seeing increases over last year and soon www.ticalcs.net.

I did not check monthly stats as much, though. I'll probably check UTI again soon, but I know I've seen two days in a row with no new posts quite a few times in the past 3 months...
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Oh it has become very easy to track down the statistics, although my way of doing it is not 100% accurate, since it includes the 2-5 spambot posts a month on Cemetech, Revsoft, MaxCoderz and Omni, but it gives a good idea of how sites went. It's easy because it only involves tracking the last post of every month and on the forums that won't let me do that, there are about 10-30 posts per month. There are some exceptions, though, such as www.ticalcs.net, which is invaded by spambots that are smart enough to reply to calculator questions while advertising their random cigarette/WoW hacking products in their signatures. There's also CalcG.org, which provide no way to access individual post IDs, for example.
Eeek, I'm glad we have good spambot protection here. Smile

DJ Omnimaga wrote:
I haven't checked my graph in a bit but I updated it when this month began, I think. So far in 2010, Cemetech is in the early 13000s, UTI 2400, Omni 34000, TI-BD 1200, TI-Freakware, Revsoft and Ticalcs.net 400-ish and MaxCoderz 300. Detacheds has 7 posts. So far in 2010 only Cemetech and Omni are seeing increases over last year and soon www.ticalcs.net.
34K, very impressive! I'm surprised TI-BD has that many; I didn't think that they were that busy at all.

DJ Omnimaga wrote:
I did not check monthly stats as much, though. I'll probably check UTI again soon, but I know I've seen two days in a row with no new posts quite a few times in the past 3 months...
Wow, that used to never ever be the case. How times have changed.
To me it seems like the TI-z80 community returned to something like in 2003-2004. Remember back when there were only two english TI calculator forums with signifiant activity (in that case, MaxCoderz and UTI). Hopefully maybe UTI will pick up again at one point, though. Cemetech was nearly dead after the Jatol incident if I remember correctly.

As for TI-BD it may have seemed less active because activity seems to come into batches. Sometimes I look and there are no new posts for 4 days then they have like 20 per day for an entire week.
Errrm, jatol incident? What is that?
qazz42 wrote:
Errrm, jatol incident? What is that?
Jatol was Cemetech's old host before SurpassHosting. I had a great deal, $30 per year, but they had a fair bit of stability problems, and their disappearance was extremely weird.
Didn't Jatol used to be reliable for the 2 years you used it until their downtime, though? I don't recall seeing much problems back then, but again I had a period with limited access to the internets.
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Didn't Jatol used to be reliable for the 2 years you used it until their downtime, though? I don't recall seeing much problems back then, but again I had a period with limited access to the internets.
There were a few minor downtime issues, the worst about 12 hours or so, which isn't much (although still not as good as Surpass' excellent track record thus far). The reason my plan was so cheap was that it was a plan specifically having no tech support other than emergencies like downtime or server failure, which didn't seem too bad at the time.
Kerm in your initial posting you seen to reference to different numbers of users, 1401 and 14000, I assume you meant 1400 in your post and you just accidentally added a zero, you might want to edit that.

Quote:
Numbers: 1,401 users have written

Quote:
So as of midnight this morning, Cemetech has over 14000 users
Glenn wrote:
Kerm in your initial posting you seen to reference to different numbers of users, 1401 and 14000, I assume you meant 1400 in your post and you just accidentally added a zero, you might want to edit that.

Quote:
Numbers: 1,401 users have written

Quote:
So as of midnight this morning, Cemetech has over 14000 users
Thanks for catching that, all fixed. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Kevin, you seem to keep track of all these statistics things; how has UTI measured up in terms of average daily postcount lately?
Ok I finally felt like checking forums to update my graphic again so here is it finally. Fortunately Ticalcs.net now filter most bots, so it's easier for me. Below you can get an idea of the activity on most English Z80 TI forums since 2005:

(Click here to see larger image)

Unless there's a turnaround of events, UTI seems to be slowly following MaxCoderz now. Even if we combine UTI with TI-Basic Developer, which used to pretty much have the same userbase as UTI, they're still much lower than they were years ago.

EDIT: Note, I didn't include BrandonW's site in the total and the graphics because the graphics messes up totally when I add new stuff, now, for odd reasons, and I didn't felt like fixing it.
Hey, look at that! Omnimaga's per-year stats for this year are just about at Cemetech's busiest year (2006), and Cemetech just beat last year's post total.
Yeah I just saw the former this morning. We were actually below MaxCoderz's 2005 record last week (I believe this is their record, because from Archive.org caches, I doubt they even reached 30000 before). Cemetech was already above 2009, though. I have no idea how much you had on Invisionfree but it looks like for you 2010 will be the most active year since 2006. I wonder how Doors release will affect the activity...
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Yeah I just saw the former this morning. We were actually below MaxCoderz's 2005 record last week (I believe this is their record, because from Archive.org caches, I doubt they even reached 30000 before). Cemetech was already above 2009, though. I have no idea how much you had on Invisionfree but it looks like for you 2010 will be the most active year since 2006. I wonder how Doors release will affect the activity...
I hope it will lead to exponential posting. Very Happy I peppered the oncalc version with dcs.cemetech.net and cemetech.net/forum links. Regarding stats: we had about 9,600 posts on InvisionFree in the 9 months the board was active

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours