I'm having a minor problem. When I enable the 'Launch DCS at startup' option, and I actually try to start my calculator afterwards, the 'on' button seems a bit unresponsive.

There are 3 things that can happen:

- Case 1: The calc starts and DCS is activated, everything normal.
- Case 2: It seems like nothing happens, but you can see that the screen was activated and then immediately de-activated, because of the slight flicker.

- Case 3: When I tried to hold down the 'on'-button to start it, the calc started, DCS was active. But when I released the 'on'-button, the screen cleared/the calc shut down.

This isn't -that- much of a problem since I can still turn it on within a second by clicking multiple times, but yeah, you asked me to post it q:

Things I did to exclude human failure:

- Tried other batteries
- De-activated the auto-launcher and tried the 'on'-button a few dozens of times, to make sure it's not just my 'on'-button having a defect.

Calculator specs:

TI-84 +, Basic Edition
Still running on 2.43 (I refused to try the new one since all the problems that I heard off)
Backcode: P-0308K
No clocking

It did get screwed a bit once when I was testing some of Calc84Maniacs projects. He then gave me a line of ASM that fixed my calc after execution, although, slower in some aspects. It might be just that.

Belgier
If it was an LCD glitch, did you try to tune your LCD delay? I'll look into the immediate poweroff from the Launch keyhook; it might be an easy fix. I'll have to try on a hardware calculator, since I don't get that behavior in Wabbitemu.
I have not tuned anything as far as I know. In calc years, I'm still living under a rock. Though, the time Calc84 gave me that line to fix my calc, my calc has looked slower, and so does most grayscale.
NecroF-_-ckk wrote:
I have not tuned anything as far as I know. In calc years, I'm still living under a rock. Though, the time Calc84 gave me that line to fix my calc, my calc has looked slower, and so does most grayscale.
Do DoorsCS7 -> DCS Menu -> Display -> Tune, and see what happens.

Edit: Can you share the hex line Calc84Maniac gave you? I'm almost positive it just sets your LCD display to the max.
Nothing special seems to happen.
And that line.. I have no clue at all. I don't think I ever wrote it down, and if I did it's probably gone.

It could be in #omnimaga logs but yeah, that's one full year of chatting and spybot's spam ;.;
NecroF-_-ckk wrote:
Nothing special seems to happen.
And that line.. I have no clue at all. I don't think I ever wrote it down, and if I did it's probably gone.

It could be in #omnimaga logs but yeah, that's one full year of chatting and spybot's spam ;.;
Ah, fair enough. Nothing special should have happened, but grayscale and other graphics might be a hair faster now. The Tune button tries to set the delay to the lowest value possible so your display is fast, but not so low that it starts glitching. It starts at the lowest delay, looks for glitches, and keeps raising the delay until the glitches stop.
Oh, nice :3 Well, if it's just a 1-calc-issue, it ain't much of a problem to me.
NecroF-_-ckk wrote:
Oh, nice :3 Well, if it's just a 1-calc-issue, it ain't much of a problem to me.
Just loaded the latest beta onto my calculator so I can try to replicate the bug. So far none of the combinations of OS versions have caused issues emulated.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours