Ok, quick little thing, I dont know if you are aware of this, but if your calc was just turned off from DCS, you plus in a silverlink, it wont turn back on O_o

You press the on button, it turns off, you let go of the on button, it goes right back off.The issure was resolved when I took out my Silverlink
I think I used to have a similar problem, I'd have the usb cable plugged in after transfering a file, and forgot to take it out, so I open DCS and take it out, and boom, crash
Hmm, I think dcs causes the link port/ USB port to react differently with the calc
_player1537 wrote:
I think I used to have a similar problem, I'd have the usb cable plugged in after transfering a file, and forgot to take it out, so I open DCS and take it out, and boom, crash
Can you check if that's still the case? Qazz, there was no permanent damage, right? Normal behavior resumed when you removed the cable?
Hmm, seems like it was fixed at some point. Even the part I assumed was the problem (calcnet) didn't do anything different. It works fine now Very Happy

Edit: I'm using a standard usb cable btw, not sure about anything else.
KermMartian wrote:
_player1537 wrote:
Can you check if that's still the case? Qazz, there was no permanent damage, right? Normal behavior resumed when you removed the cable?

Yeah, as soon as I took out the cable, it turned on right even when I let go of the on button
@_player, excellent, very happy to hear that. It could also be because I'm using a much-improved poweroff routine thanks to assistance from BrandonW and nagging from Qazz.

@Qazz: Odd; this isn't too high on my to-do list, since it's a non-fatal quirk, but I might look into it at some point.
No, dont worry, its not much, I only wanted to point it out, nothing more
Also, wierd that problem qazz is experiencing doesn't happen on my calculator. It just turns the calc back on
_player1537 wrote:
Also, wierd that problem qazz is experiencing doesn't happen on my calculator. It just turns the calc back on
What calculator are you using, _player? And you, Qazz? To be honest, I'm surprised it does anything at all, because I was pretty sure I had set the proper bits to ignore the link while powered off, which is indeed what happens on my 84+SE.
84+se, direct usb cable, and os 2.40
_player1537 wrote:
84+se, direct usb cable, and os 2.40
2.40 for me too, 84+SE, but serial I/O silverlink.
When I do the only equivilent to plugging in a I/O cable to the linkport (inserting headphones, setting both lines low I think) It doesn't turn on.
_player1537 wrote:
When I do the only equivilent to plugging in a I/O cable to the linkport (inserting headphones, setting both lines low I think) It doesn't turn on.
Ahhh, that's more like it. I'll see what I can do in terms of replicating the USB bug thing.

Any other bug reports on DCS 6.8 beta other than the ones I already have?

Code:
To-Do Items

* Extend scrollbar hotspots

Bugs

* Issue with some text not appearing in XLib programs? Cf. contrast text for Reuben: Ev by Kevin O.
    * BASIC goto offset problems with XLib/Celtic?
    * Player1537's InfoPop bug
    * Qazz's sum(13) GetCalc bug
_player1537 wrote:
excellent, thank you Very Happy

also, I forgot to report a bug I encountered earlier. I noticed that the bug where you hover your mouse over a blank spot showed the program on the previous page's data. It might have been some freak occurence, trying it again real quick.

Yep, I pressed up (to go to the very bottom) and hovered my mouse over an empty spot and it did it.
*bump* No matter what I do, I can't replicate this. _player, are you sure you have the latest beta? I guess you tested DocDE7 for me, so you must. Any way you could dump me your calculator?
I had my last page completly full with programs, and another page showed up. So I think for whatever reason it thinks I have an extra program.

Also, I pointer out on irc this one:
Create a program.
put this code in it:

Code:
0->dim(L1
"L1(11->v
v

With the DCS hooks enabled, and watch what happens when you press one or two at the error. Then on my calc, when you try to archive said program, it crashes and resets (sometimes before its archived, sometimes after, and sometimes it goes into an endless loop for the archiving process.)

If I remember any more bugs from this weekend I'll tell. Oh, and Off-Topic, but try this: "v->v \n v. it makes an endless loop Very Happy
_player1537 wrote:
I had my last page completly full with programs, and another page showed up. So I think for whatever reason it thinks I have an extra program.
Two questions.
1) What if you go to the extra page? Is it visibly blank? Can you hover and get any (and how many, if any) InfoPops?
2) I would love a mem dump of this, replicating this is driving me batty.

_player1537 wrote:
Also, I pointer out on irc this one:
Create a program.
put this code in it:

Code:
0->dim(L1
"L1(11->v
v

With the DCS hooks enabled, and watch what happens when you press one or two at the error. Then on my calc, when you try to archive said program, it crashes and resets (sometimes before its archived, sometimes after, and sometimes it goes into an endless loop for the archiving process.)

If I remember any more bugs from this weekend I'll tell. Oh, and Off-Topic, but try this: "v->v \n v. it makes an endless loop Very Happy
I blame the OS for that. Regarding the actual error, this sound exactly like the expr() issue that I fixed. Again, you're still using the DCS version packed with Doc DE 7 Beta 1?
Quote:
I blame the OS for that. Regarding the actual error, this sound exactly like the expr() issue that I fixed. Again, you're still using the DCS version packed with Doc DE 7 Beta 1?

yessir

Quote:
Two questions.
1) What if you go to the extra page? Is it visibly blank? Can you hover and get any (and how many, if any) InfoPops?

1) I'll check in one second for sure, but I think it shows everything from the previous page in that spot.
2) teach me how, and I'll gladly do it. Just don't take my potential contest sources Wink
_player1537 wrote:
Quote:

yessir
Excellent.

_player1537 wrote:
Quote:
Two questions.

1) I'll check in one second for sure, but I think it shows everything from the previous page in that spot.
2) teach me how, and I'll gladly do it. Just don't take my potential contest sources Wink
1) OK, I look forward to hearing what you find
2) If you just give me all the programs in your calculator in a zip, ideally separating archived and RAM programs (or not, if it's not trivial). Smile
1) Just checked... very peculiar. Even more proves my idea that it thinks i have an extra program. It only infopops on the first program of the last (blank) page...
2) I just did a backup... less than a week ago. I'll check the emu to see if the same bug happens. Otherwise, I'll just back everything up.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 5 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours