What is your primary mode of transportation?
Own car
 36%  [ 4 ]
Someone else's car
 36%  [ 4 ]
Bus
 9%  [ 1 ]
Train
 9%  [ 1 ]
Bike
 0%  [ 0 ]
Walking
 9%  [ 1 ]
Boat
 0%  [ 0 ]
Horseback
 0%  [ 0 ]
I NEVER go anywhere.
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 11

In light of the predicted insane gas prices courtesy of Hurricane Rita, I thought it might be appropriate to have a poll on how you get around.
me? i ride the school bus... everything i need is within walking distance for the most part... (high speed internet, food, drinks...)
I got my own car. Which remind me, I need to go fill it back up before the prices skyrocket...
I have my own truck, but I usually ride the school bus.
I have a Wrangler (which my dad will probably keep) and a Cherokee, but I'm still on my permit Sad . And my dad can get an engine that made a 3800 pound car get 30+ MPG, which means ~40+ in the Wrangler. And it's a 6-cylinder Razz .
I have a Ford Ranger 4x4 with a 3.0L V6. It averages 20 in town and 25 on the highway. Smile It may not be great, but I will never give up my truck.
ot...i'm gonna die...I'm right in the path of Hurricane Rita!
Jonathan Pezzino wrote:
In light of the predicted insane gas prices courtesy of Hurricane Rita, I thought it might be appropriate to have a poll on how you get around.

[rant]
biggest load of shit ever. If gas prices go up for this a hurrican, i swear, i'm going to kill those bastards running the gas companies myself. All the gas shit down there is already fucked up! more damage won't change anything!!!!!!!!!!
[/rant]
I don't really see how a category 5 hurricane is their fault Question
Subway for me, but that's not a choice Very Happy
well, you live in the middle of a city, no wonder you use the subway. When houses are 300yds apart, and there are three acres of land per persion, you can't really have public transportation, except school buses.
A subway is always a train. A train is not always a subway.
Hehe....very true. Smile
Sad Sad I don't have a car yet, and about half of my friends are learning and one has a permit Sad Sad
However, my bike has excellent gas mileage...infinite miles/gallon! Laughing
Laughing Very nice. Can't get better than that!
Quote:
However, my bike has excellent gas mileage...infinite miles/gallon!

Yeah...until you get thirsty! Laughing

As for me...it's ridiculous how long it takes to get a license here; first you have to take "Driver's Ed" for 3 hours after school everyday for nearly a month, take the written exam, then a week or two later, you actually get behind the wheel and learn to drive, then a week later you go to the DMV and take a test, get your permit, and you keep the permit for 1 year. Then you can apply for a license, take the written and driving test all over again, and you get a 'restricted license' where you can't really do much without your parents, and then six months later, you get a full license. However, when you're 18, you can skip all this crap and get a full license quickly Rolling Eyes If I were to take the driver's ed course this october, I wouldn't get a full license until after I turn 17, and by then it wouldn't be long before I'd be 18 and just apply for one myself.
Here, you get your permit with a simple test, go for 50+ hrs and at least 6 months on it. Then you get your Jr. License with a drivers test, and 2 years into that, you get your full-fledged license (no test). A new law signed makes the permit age to 18 if born after 7/1/90. If that was me, I'd be on permit in college.
Hmm, wow, that's pretty impressive...
I need to find a state that'll give me a driver's license quickly...
To and from work, I Drive a 2003 Ford focus ZX3, getting roughly 25-30 MPG out of it.

In town, when the weather doesn't suck, I've been driving my 2005 Tomos Streetmate. So far, I got 50 miles on it and haven't burned a gallon of gas in it yet, Of course, with a top speed of 28MPH it's not going on any major roads anytime soon.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours