WOOO!!!
I KNEW THEY WOULD WIN!!!
Damn, that means it's over? I wasn't following it, but all of the bars had amazing drink specials during the games...

This sucks.
Wait, soccer? Who gives a crap about soccer? Oh, that's right, nobody, because soccer is boring.
Ah, so they beat out Finland? Fascinating. The only time I was even close to following it was when the US was still in the tournament.
Poor Netherlands....
KermMartian wrote:
Ah, so they beat out Finland? Fascinating. The only time I was even close to following it was when the US was still in the tournament.
I only followed via facebook status updates and what people are/were saying at work.
Kllrnohj wrote:
Wait, soccer? Who gives a crap about soccer? Oh, that's right, nobody, because soccer is boring.
The USA seem to be such good losers. Wink
benryves wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
The New York Post is widely regarded to be the most right-leaning, outspoken, and generally ignorant news rag around. Try the NY Times for a more respectful treatment of the sport.
KermMartian wrote:
benryves wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
The New York Post is widely regarded to be the most right-leaning, outspoken, and generally ignorant news rag around. Try the NY Times for a more respectful treatment of the sport.
I think we'd established that from their previous headline - is it really so difficult for a newspaper to work out the difference between England and Great Britain?

Personally, I don't care for any spectator sport and was rather glad when England got booted out - there's only so much of St George's cross being plastered on every surface that I can endure. Rolling Eyes
http://sale.sitepoint.com/

^ Free jQuery book Razz
Idk, but I was watching the championship match in spanish on my tv (because I can) and all you hear is..

Con mis amigos, el pele rojo arrive un pelota! Senior Remelo enchoce el autobus a la fiesta de la playa. El agua por que millo es muy espirito y excitado! COCHE EN GOLLLLL GOOLLLLLL GOOOLLLLLLL GOOOLLLLLLLLL GOOLLLLLLLL GOOLLLL.

Thats some good sh*t right there.

EDIT: I know this doesn't make any sense if you actually read it, but thats what I heard ://.
Svakk wrote:
Cooble oocho boro, con mis arivatas, somo diego digo, un millo es muy espirito. COCHE EN GOLLLLL GOOLLLLLL GOOOLLLLLLL GOOOLLLLLLLLL GOOLLLLLLLL GOOLLLL.

Your Spanish sucks
I know, I'm in spanish one anyway. I'll go back and actually use spanish words if you'd prefer.
I never cared much about soccer, I prefer hockey since it's more fast-paced and doesn't allow ties (anymore)
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
I never cared much about soccer, I prefer hockey since it's more fast-paced and doesn't allow ties (anymore)

Agree. Actually, I prefer American Football and Baseball over Soccer. Both of my brothers play hockey, plus I live in Chicago, and hockey's huge here. I was downtown Chi town for the Blackhawks Stanley Cup Celebration.
Svakk wrote:
American Football

I enjoy baseball, because it is enjoyable enough to watch or listen to without having to give it your entire attention, so you can code or work on other stuff without missing any important details.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Svakk wrote:
American Football

your image is broken Razz
benryves wrote:

The only reason the world cup got *any* press was because the US was in it. In previous years there was no attention whatsoever. So is it really surprising that once the US is no longer in the world cup, we go back to not caring about the sport?
Kllrnohj wrote:
benryves wrote:

The only reason the world cup got *any* press was because the US was in it. In previous years there was no attention whatsoever. So is it really surprising that once the US is no longer in the world cup, we go back to not caring about the sport?

ARE YOU CRAZY!?
to me the world cut is the best sports event ever!!!
and the Olympics comes after it...

p.s. the US sucks at every sport XD (shitty american football isn't a sport)

Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours