So I'm making a program with DCS called AxeAid, it is an ide for AXE. so far all it is is a slightly modified DocDE7.
what is does so far is open/save/edit files ( filetype 0,1,8 ). I have added a placeholder icon for building the file into an axe source, and a splash screen Smile
Here is a screenshot:

Next up on my todo list, change the icons. Very Happy
Cool Eeems, looks nice.

ANy more details perhaps?
Sure, it will have tools that will make programming in Axe easier, like something to add commands with all their options so it will make it easier to remember how to use commands. maybe if I can I will let you compile the code in one click and then run the output.
any requests?
None for me, thanks, good luck though
Ah ok, thanks Smile let me know if you do Smile
Eeems, looks like a fun project to be working on; I'm glad you'll be able to get familiar with Doors CS and its libraries. Smile Did you try downloading Doors CS 6.7.6 beta and see if that fixed your issues with clicking after right-clicking?

Eeems wrote:
Sure, it will have tools that will make programming in Axe easier, like something to add commands with all their options so it will make it easier to remember how to use commands. maybe if I can I will let you compile the code in one click and then run the output.
any requests?
Excellent, that will be pretty easy (the execution part, anyway) given that the RunProg entrypoint works fully now, as far as I can tell. Keep nagging me to try out that brute-force tokenizer idea I had.
Yes I did get it and it was fixed Smile
Yay! does RunProg let you run apps?
lol ok I will Razz
Eeems wrote:
Yes I did get it and it was fixed Smile
Yay! does RunProg let you run apps?
0x5 ok I will Razz
Nope, everything except Apps. Very Happy ASM and BASIC programs, DCS and MOS, nostub, Ion, you name it.
oh Sad I shall have to talk to Quigibo about having ways to access AXE then with this.
Since you can run external programs (Or maybe inline assembly?) I can write some entry points to exit into the Axe app with just a pointer to the symbol table entry and Axe can take care of the rest. It could be useful for other shells too like maybe an option to compile a program from DCS itself when clicking on Axe source code.
Eeems wrote:
oh Sad I shall have to talk to Quigibo about having ways to access AXE then with this.
Oh right, I forgot that Axe is an App. Razz That certainly would be helpful, and quite straightforward to use, Quigibo.
That would be epic quigibo!
Eeems wrote:
That would be epic quigibo!
Most certainly, I could see lots of uses for it.
Same Smile I wonder how many other apps could have the same sort of thing added?
Eeems wrote:
Same Smile I wonder how many other apps could have the same sort of thing added?
Well, Doors CS for example already has tons of stuff like this, so in theory another App could definitely run programs and possibly even use the GUI. Smile
hmm, that would be cool actually, let people use the power of DCS in an app Smile
Eeems wrote:
hmm, that would be cool actually, let people use the power of DCS in an app Smile
When I say it would work, I mean it would work with some fairly hackishness, because you would need to have returnpoints in some safe RAM that would swap your app back into $4000-$7FFF and jump back into it when Doors CS finished whatever it was doing. Nevertheless, I don't think that would be impossible, especially if you made a little intermediary program and "executed" it at $9d95 to act as a mediator between DCS and your app. Hmm, some interesting concepts could come from this...
Hmm, I wonder if anybody would ever do it...
I wouldn't.
Eeems wrote:
Hmm, I wonder if anybody would ever do it...
I hope I'll get to give it a try at some point. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours