You may or may not have heard of Puppy linux, the 60mb Linux you boot from a CD. I've been playing around with it all weekend, and so far i like what i see.

Within its 60mb file size are several games (yippee), Mozilla internet browser, and everything you could need. it even auto-detects your hardware and attempts to assign drivers for it. (Though it keeps failing with my soundcard...)

It does place a file on your harddrive, and you can even devote a vfat partition to it, though it will work fine on any windows machine

several versions are available, such as "chubby puppy" which comes prebundled with Openoffice.org.
hmmmm, very interesting!

www.goosee.com/puppy/
What about Knoppix?
they mentioned that in the comparison section... i forget what they said though Razz

personally,right now im lookign for a free junker PC to try this out on... one where i can devote an entire HD...
Sounds like a plan. Devote it to Blockland instead! Razz
yeah, sure... i would be glad to... if you will get me high speed internet Razz
sure, all you have to do is hook up to my router
ok... care to buy me the 1000+ miles of CAT-5 or CAT-6 cable?
Oh yeah, I have that in my basement... Just Joking
Quote:
Oh yeah, I have that in my basement...

Me too! Laughing
Seriously though, both alex and Kerm need to to get a cable modem...I'm trying to get myself a T1 line Smile
any hispeeed connection, other than accerlerated dialup. All that is compression, and it really dosn't do much.
Dude...I just use my school's shared T3, all the bandwidth I'd ever want. Smile
what about at your house, when you are not at school.
Ummm, we've gone through this b4...
maybe we have, but it doesn't ring a bell, oh well.
Yeah, well, I don't have internet at home, remember?
ok, I really don't remember (maybe it was discussed on the old board or before I became active on this one). Oh well though, I belive you.
Laughing It might have been on the old board then.

So how goes the puppy?
also Kerm, do relize that there was a 2 month period of inactivity on this site for me, were I forgot all about this. I came back though, and haven't left yet.
Confused I don't remember that...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours