well currently it only updates the core stuff...I haven't tried to tackle the apps...Hmm, I could do something like that, although I probably wont do that for core stuff.

If you have left it running long enough, you will notice that it will have updated! you will have a system clock Smile
Eeems wrote:
well currently it only updates the core stuff...I haven't tried to tackle the apps...Hmm, I could do something like that, although I probably wont do that for core stuff.

If you have left it running long enough, you will notice that it will have updated! you will have a system clock Smile
Oh nice, all the bugs got worked out? And updating apps would be pretty neat, but would require a small script serverside to track and report the latest version of apps when requests by someone's client jBOS run, correct?
Umm, actually no I tested it this morning and there were tons of errors, I'm in the middle of restructuring...:/
acutally I'm doing it all client side, it just loads the database of what the most recent versions dates are and if it finds a difference it downloads the new one and replaces the old one. Apps most likely will be the same...although actually your way might be better.
Eeems wrote:
Umm, actually no I tested it this morning and there were tons of errors, I'm in the middle of restructuring...:/
acutally I'm doing it all client side, it just loads the database of what the most recent versions dates are and if it finds a difference it downloads the new one and replaces the old one. Apps most likely will be the same...although actually your way might be better.
Sounds pretty neat either way. Again, I'm more than happy to host some kind of update system here if you need, or help you design one on your host. Smile
Ok Smile sounds good Smile
have you splurged into jBOS javascript programming of any sort yet?
[crossposted from omni]
here are some routines, file_wline and file_rline (write/read line).  They will write/read to a specific line in jBOS of a file.  Thanks to KermM for the main code for each Smile  Now its time to write some programs to add in my mods to jBOS Wink   jk.  Anyways, here ya go.

Code:
function file_rline(path,line){
    file = file_read(path);
    lines = file.replace(/(\r\n|\r|\n)/g, '\n').split('\n');
    return lines[line];
}

Code:
function file_wline(path,line,content){
    file = file_read(path);
    lines[line] = content;
    file = lines.join("\n");
    file_create(path,file);
}

(btw, I threw these in at the bottom of file.js)
Might I suggest some other things? For example, insertline, to insert a line before line number (line)?

Code:
function file_insertline(path,line,content){
    file = file_read(path);
    lines.splice(line,0,content)
    file = lines.join("\n");
    file_create(path,file);
}

And of course, the reverse that lets you delete a specific line:

Code:
function file_deleteline(path,line){
    file = file_read(path);
    lines.splice(line,1)
    file = lines.join("\n");
    file_create(path,file);
}

And a function to append a line?

Code:
function file_appendline(path,content){
    file = file_read(path);
    lines = lines.concat(content)
    file = lines.join("\n");
    file_create(path,file);
}

(be aware that I didn't get to test these yet)
actually, I was just thinking about doing something like that, would come in handy modding files and such Smile
_player1537 wrote:
actually, I was just thinking about doing something like that, would come in handy modding files and such Smile
For sure, not to mention a VIM-style line editor. Oooh, I really like that idea O_O
wow these are all great! mabye I should hand over development of File.js to you two Razz
Eeems wrote:
wow these are all great! mabye I should hand over development of File.js to you two Razz
No complaints from my end. Smile Although with this painful DCS Spec that I'm going to have to implement now, I want to make sure I will be giving you enough time.
haha, we might need it for the filebrowser Razz

btw, how do you get the name of a file? could I just use file_ls() to get the names of all the files in the directory. Oh, I'll edit my post in a second to include some icons I made

Edit: http://www.mediafire.com/?njgzyqwqnmm
@Kerm, np Smile DoorsCS is something I'm looking forward to Razz

@_player: yes use file_ls() to get all the files in a directory and just use their names from there. file_ls() is not in the most recent version but it will be in the the next one.
player, those icons look nice. I'm looking forward to designing the UI with you for the icon view and a toolbar for back/forward/up. Do we want to allow multiple types of view, such as list and icon, or just one view?
hmm...maybe one view with icons (a large view) and one view without, that is just text saying each item. Also, I couldn't get the current file_ls() command to work... it returned undefined when it should have returned at least 3 files
hmm, let me look into it.

EDIT: it seems to be working fine...what's your code look like?
function APP_open(){
window_create("app",100,100,100,100,file_ls());
}
how do you create a new window when you are running a .js script as a standalone?
what do you mean by standalone, as in without running it from jBOS?
_player: no I meant what does file_ls() look like? also, try doing this somewhere (like FIle_initialize())
Code:
alert(file_ls());

Anakclusmos: what exactly are you doing?

ok, new version, auto-updating is still broken for windows, no idea why...:/ and this one fixes the linux one.
Downloads
-Windows
-Linux

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours