I would love that! I would be happy to try hosting it here if you wanted, and it works; keep me posted. I strongly recommend an emulator / virtual machine and Ubuntu or some other Linux distro of your choice, so you don't have to keep rebooting.
Yeah I decided to run Firefox in wine, and it's working kind of nicely Smile so far I just had to make one change and my file routines work Smile (I just had to change '/' to '\\')
I'll probably take you up on that offer after I finish with the download/unpacking routine.
Eeems wrote:
Yeah I decided to run Firefox in wine, and it's working kind of nicely Smile so far I just had to make one change and my file routines work Smile (I just had to change '/' to '\\')
I'll probably take you up on that offer after I finish with the download/unpacking routine.
Most awesome! What is the download and unpack routine for, automatic upgrades of the software?
Yes it is.
Ok, here is the newest version that has file command support. Just file_cd(), file_create() and file_delete() so far. file_cd() will set the current directory and if no arguements are passed it will just return the current directory. So far cd is aimed at linux so direct paths will only work correctly on linux. But you can still go back one directory by passing '..' to it. To get a directory listing you just call the system_list_directory(path); command and it will give you a listing as an array.
Let me know what other commands you will like and I'll try to make them. I already have copy, mkdir and move planned.

Downloads
-Windows
-Linux
By "direct paths", do you mean "absolute paths"? As in, you can file_cd('../myfld/') and file_cd('/home/Kerm/blah/') under Linux, but only file_cd('..\myfld\') and not file_cd('C:\Users\Kerm\Documents\') under Windows?
actually I don't support .. in a path, it has to be separate, unless you want to make some changes, but yes, you kind of have that down.
Eeems wrote:
actually I don't support .. in a path, it has to be separate, unless you want to make some changes, but yes, you kind of have that down.
Actually, that's safer, so that sounds fine. Excellent, then I look forward to continued progress. I can't think of any other file functions for now, except for something like file_stat() that would return the create/modify/accessed times and size of a file.
How is it safer?
That shouldn't be too hard, there are built in functions for that type of thing actually, I can just return an array with them in it, or an object.
Eeems wrote:
How is it safer?
That shouldn't be too hard, there are built in functions for that type of thing actually, I can just return an array with them in it, or an object.
I meant safer in the sense that you can't put a string of ../'s, go too far, and accidentally delete swaths of important root folders.
lol, yeah. well you can only go back to '/' so far, but I can put limitations and not let you past home or your user name
Ok, here is a new version. Changes are as follows:
Launcher icon now toggles visibility, no longer will you need to use the red button to close it. There are some small changes. You can now get the current X and Y location of the mouse by reading from MOUSE_X and MOUSE_Y.
Downloads
-Linux
-Windows
EDIT: new version. This one lets people toggle/hide/unhide the launcher. I also added a functon to allow someone to hide any object, same with unhiding it. randomInt(a,b) was added from the jBasic library, same with rand() which returns false or true randomly.
Icons are supported now, on both versions, if you make your own app you should make a icon.png that is square and 10x10 or bigger and place it in your apps main folder.
Downloads
-Linux
-Windows
sorry about the doublepost.
New version:
new commands:
file_mkdir()
file_rename()
file_copy()
file_move()
Downloads
-Windows
-Linux
Excellent! As just stated on IRC, now all the tools for a File Browser are in place, and tanner aka player1537 and I will be working on one together.
KermMartian wrote:
Excellent! As just stated on IRC, now all the tools for a File Browser are in place, and tanner aka player1537 and I will be working on one together.
Yay, well, if you need any more tools, just let me know, or you can make them yourself if you want.
I'll be releasing a new version soon with some small changes, nothing that really effects you, although there will be file_ls() which is effectivly like doing system_list_directory(file_cd()); you might find that handy Smile
[crossposted from omni]
I wrote a few (1 or 2) more apps for this, and made the MouseHook automaticly loaded at startup. I also added a feature where when you hover of the clock (or the launcher icon) it opens it (for the launcher icon, it toggles the menu being open). Check it out if you have time

note: this will not probably not work just taking the apps over, I added a lot of stuff to it (added, modded, same thing

download

Edit: this is the linux version btw, will not work in windows
Cool! I really like how this project is coming along, and I'm looking forward to working on a simple (and later, more complex) file manager for jBOS with you. Smile

Edit: Oh, what modifications would be necessary to use it with the Windows version?
afaik the only differences are how it accesses files (ie windows uses \ [I think] and linux uses /)
_player1537 wrote:
afaik the only differences are how it accesses files (ie windows uses \ [I think] and linux uses /)
Oh, because you packaged jBOS itself into that, I didn't realize it. There should be (if there's not already) some kind of global sysFSslash() function that returns either '/' or '\' based on the type of system currently running jBOS.
Well it's not as easy as that, You also have to take into account drive letters Sad I have a fix for it, but I would have to change a bunch of code to make it work, and I don't have the time currently.

Ok, new version that will update the core files automatically (unless you delete Updates.js) so enjoy Smile I have not tested it on Windows yet, but it should work.
oh yeah x.x
windos people you will need to run it and run the command updater_update() in the command app, Go to updates/ and rename updatesDB.xml to localDB.xml, sorry I forgot to x.x
Downloads
-Windows
-Linux
Nifty. Smile Any plans for some kind of automatic updater that runs while the app is open? Or does this already do that? Oooh, that way you could also have the user choose to install or ignore the update!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours