WHERE DID THIS COME FROM!?
I NEVER HEARD ANY NEWS OF IT!!!

IT LOOOOKS SOOO GOOD!!
i am soo ganna try it today when i have time!

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/429/42960.html
The funny thing is that I saw this file like a few seconds before this topic

creepy
qazz42 wrote:
The funny thing is that I saw this file like a few seconds before this topic

creepy

lol... guess i am a bit faster then you XD

btw... is this like an icon editor or something?
or is it a program that just looks like DCS?
the second one I think
qazz42 wrote:
the second one I think

aww... darn... i had my hopes up for nothing... T.T
oh well...
schoolhacker wrote:

IT LOOOOKS SOOO GOOD!!

As has just been established, this was an entry to a Cemetech contest written by Silver Shadow, then known as ZagorNBK. Nevertheless, you seemed really excited about a Doors CS GUI editor; what did you mean? Were you hoping it was an editor that uses the DCS GUI, an editor to create GUIs with the DCS GUI API, an icon editor, or something else all together?
Mad D*** it!!! I hate it when you think you have a good idea and someone else already did it! (Does it have program type choice, like normal, AP Parent, SE, and ALE?
KermMartian wrote:
schoolhacker wrote:

IT LOOOOKS SOOO GOOD!!

As has just been established, this was an entry to a Cemetech contest written by Silver Shadow, then known as ZagorNBK. Nevertheless, you seemed really excited about a Doors CS GUI editor; what did you mean? Were you hoping it was an editor that uses the DCS GUI, an editor to create GUIs with the DCS GUI API, an icon editor, or something else all together?

yeah... i was hoping for a program that allows you to customize the icons of programs for DCS while perhaps add icons to existing programs that dont have any (though i think is may be impossible).
You can very easily add icons to BASIC programs; as far as ASM programs, you'll need to get permission from the author to modify the source, to give you the source, or you'll need to convince the author to make their program a Doors CS program. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
You can very easily add icons to BASIC programs; as far as ASM programs, you'll need to get permission from the author to modify the source, to give you the source, or you'll need to convince the author to make their program a Doors CS program. Smile
yeap... which just ends up more work then its worth...
but oh well...
*That depends* Find the data for a DCS program, add 6 bytes and ldhlind it to find the description; or add 10 bytes and ldhlind it to find the icon. I'm currently working on an editor for DoorsCS program icons and descriptions now.It also converts between ION, MIRAGE and DoorsCS and edits all 3.You can easily add an Icon to DoorsCS program that doesn't have one by doing this...

Code:
1) Find programs data and size
2) Add size to data and copy the location to programdatastart+10
3) InsertMem 32 bytes at the end of the program data
4) Copy new icon to the location.

Anyhoo, I was referring to the types of programs DoorsCS has like SE's, ALE's and AP Parents. Is the GUI Builder capable of making them?
Excellent, xenonparadox, I think that that will be quite a popular program. I look forward to seeing how it works out. Unfortunately, the only thing it will not be able to do is convert a nostub or Ion program into a MOS or DCS program. Sad
Sounds promising, though Smile

Hey Kerm, are you going to add some tokens to DCS BASIC programs to allow the use of DCS' GUI windows and such? It would be quite interesting to see a BASIC program with a sleek DCS GUI and menu system Smile
swivelgames wrote:
Sounds promising, though Smile

Hey Kerm, are you going to add some tokens to DCS BASIC programs to allow the use of DCS' GUI windows and such? It would be quite interesting to see a BASIC program with a sleek DCS GUI and menu system Smile
Yes, this is something I need to discuss with you guys. I've been doing a lot of brainstorming into if there's some way to pull this off. I'll start a topic, but I'd appreciate suggestions.
Possibly overwriting Menu( to display a sleek DCS "graphscreen-based" menu when the program is executed under DCS? Smile

I have some other ideas I'd like to share, too, so... make the topic Laughing
swivelgames wrote:
Possibly overwriting Menu( to display a sleek DCS "graphscreen-based" menu when the program is executed under DCS? Smile

I have some other ideas I'd like to share, too, so... make the topic 0x5
Done! I hope you'll share this and your other ideas in teh new thread.
swivelgames wrote:

I actually tried to do that in Basic+C3, interpreting ClrHome, Disp, Output, Input, Prompt, and Menu( on a very basic level. Realistically, the graphscreen version of the program has to be compiled ahead of time (at least when done in TIBasic)... also, it didn't end up looking that great; at best you can make your program look like a jazzed up terminal interface.

A GUI editor or a library like xDCS is what's really needed to make programs that truly fits into the DCS theme (buttons, sliders, scrollbars and all).
OK, so would you mind sharing those and any more specific thoughts you have on the subject here, rthprog? Smile

http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4611

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours