Alex wrote:
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
Sometimes '[img] doesn't work for me,

make sure you are using supported image formats. Additionally, make sure the image link ends with an image extension, not a cache breaker or whatever.

Now that I think about it, It was HTML being disabled on my computer Razz
When you click Edit Profile, the email address always changes to my username. Every time I want to change something in my profile, I have to edit the e-mail address box as well.
Michael2_3B wrote:
When you click Edit Profile, the email address always changes to my username. Every time I want to change something in my profile, I have to edit the e-mail address box as well.
This doesn't happen for me. Please disable your browser's Form Autocomplete/Remember Password settings for cemetech.net and try again.
Yes, that fixed it =)
Alex wrote:
When looking at the member list, you can't chat in SAX. It seems it's missing an HTML form tag.

Here is the code from the Memberlist:

Code:
               <div id="ajaxinputs">                  
                     <input type="text" class="saxinput" id="saxtalk" name="saxtalk">
                     <input type="submit" class="saxsubmit" name="submit" value="Say">                  
               </div>>

Here is the code from a working page:

Code:
               <div id="ajaxinputs">
                  <form name="saxin" onsubmit="SAX.do_form_submit(event)" autocomplete="off">
                     <input type="text" class="saxinput" id="saxtalk" name="saxtalk">
                     <input type="submit" class="saxsubmit" name="submit" value="Say">
                  </form>
               </div>

This issue reappears when splitting a topic and trying to post from SAX; though a majority of users will never be affected by the latter.
I personally think this could be fixed, but if it's not important and people should just pay attention, then whatever. I noticed if, when you are posting, you click the BBCode buttons for the opening BBCode, but then type in the ending BBCode and don't click the buttons again, when you click submit, it generates the BBCode you "missed" at the end of the post, when you didn't actually miss it.
I've noticed this happening across the forum with people who don't realize what happened.
That's not necessarily a bug, that's just how phpBB handles BBCode when inserted with the buttons. Our users should simply just pay attention, be sure to click the button when done with that block of BBCode, highlighting the block of text they wish to add specific BBCode to and even, preview and proof read their posts before submitting.
seanlego23 wrote:
I personally think this could be fixed, but if it's not important and people should just pay attention, then whatever. I noticed if, when you are posting, you click the BBCode buttons for the opening BBCode, but then type in the ending BBCode and don't click the buttons again, when you click submit, it generates the BBCode you "missed" at the end of the post, when you didn't actually miss it.
I've noticed this happening across the forum with people who don't realize what happened.

Why would you not use the buttons though, they are there, and they don't mess up, and if your keyboard is in another language than English like me, then you need to switch your keyboard language to English just to be able to enter the square brackets to enter those manually, which is just a hassle... I actually think its quite nice of phpBB to try and fix people's mistakes.
Also, why do people not preview their posts before smashing that submit button?
Whenever I post a new post, and go immediately after that to the New Posts page, it says there is an unread post in the topic I just posted in, which is a bit strange Wink
I have seen that as well. Also, I noticed that from time to time the snowflakes on the logo all change positions. They still look cool, but it startled me a bit while I was watching them fall. Laughing
It's because you haven't viewed the topic and thus, shows up as unread. It's not really a bug, it's just how the forum works.
SAX is sometimes messing up with timings, and also sometimes with highlighting

Can you be more specific about the timings? And the highlighting? It's not clear to me from that screenshot what went wrong.
The message that I posted a new post in my AoCE thread should be the first/top message, but it was the one-to-last message, which happens more. About the highlights: sometimes when I reload the page/go to another page, some (all?) highlights disappeared, while my name is still tagged. Example: . I only had to reload the page twice.

Or this:
I have not experienced this bug, could you please share browser and OS details?
PT_ wrote:
The message that I posted a new post in my AoCE thread should be the first/top message, but it was the one-to-last message, which happens more. About the highlights: sometimes when I reload the page/go to another page, some (all?) highlights disappeared, while my name is still tagged. Example: . I only had to reload the page twice.

Or this:
It is correct behavior that lines that previously highlighted you will not pop up the highlight popup, change the page title, and make a noise when you reload a page. If you were previously highlighted by a line, it would be annoying to have it re-highlight you when the page reloaded. However, the highlight on the text itself should remain. Thanks for reporting that.
Alex wrote:
I have not experienced this bug, could you please share browser and OS details?

Chrome 55.0.2883.87, Windows 10
KermMartian wrote:
It is correct behavior that lines that previously highlighted you will not pop up the highlight popup, change the page title, and make a noise when you reload a page. If you were previously highlighted by a line, it would be annoying to have it re-highlight you when the page reloaded. However, the highlight on the text itself should remain. Thanks for reporting that.

Yeah sorry, I admit on that, it should not pop up, but at least the text should be highlighted.

Both me and 123outerme's !karma commands show up AFTER DecBot3 telling us what our karma scores are... it makes no sense
That has MAYBE to do with the interval time SAX is updating itself. For example, if you typed it 1 ms after SAX was synchronized, DecBot would immediately get your karma, for example within 10 ms. If SAX auto-updates every 50 ms, then you have 39 ms left to do nothing. Then it displays both messages at the same time, and then it's possible that the order of the messages are messed up.
SAX doesn't poll, but it does assume messages arrive in chronological order from the server (which XMPP specifies should happen). Something is causing them to be reordered, I'd guess it's client-side.

In any case the timestamps are accurate so I don't think it's very important.

Page 37 of 45
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours