Helloes, as the title says, I have a few newbish questions. Also, excuse me if my sentences don't make any sense, I am French.
For information, it is a fx-cg20, not fx-cg10 so I think I have no problems about images.

So, how do I send programs to my Prizm ? I mean, once the calc is wired to the PC, where do I drag and drop them (in which folder) ?

Do I need something special to run them (like a shell or a jailbreak (you can guess I also own a Nspire and a few z80)) ?

What is the difference between C programs and Basic programs (not talking about the programming language but for example if there is a difference in the way to execute them) ?

(I don't have anymore questions in my mind for now but if I have more, I'll post them here).
Addins go in the root folder.

The Prizm directly supports addins, nothing special required.

Basic programs are stored in the ram, whereas addins are in flash memory. All basic programs are found under the program (w/e) menu entry, whereas each adding has its own entry in the main menu.
When you plug in your calculator, look at the screen. It will tell you exactly where to put programs. And like AHelper said, you don't need anything special to run programs and games.
m1ac4 wrote:
When you plug in your calculator, look at the screen. It will tell you exactly where to put programs.
Not really, It says "Import program text: Svgdz fic dans @MainMem/Program" which doesn't mean anything in French. But with this and what you said I guess programs go in @MainMem/Program, so thanks Smile

AHelper wrote:
Addins go in the root folder.

The Prizm directly supports addins, nothing special required.

Basic programs are stored in the ram, whereas addins are in flash memory. All basic programs are found under the program (w/e) menu entry, whereas each adding has its own entry in the main menu.
Ok, thanks Smile
I just double checked and that line is specifically for text files that the calculator converts to programs. I don't think you will need to worry about program text files very often.
Wait, I understand what they try to say. "Svgdz" would mean in French "Sauvegardez" which would mean "Save" in English. But it was hard to guess. And "fic" would mean "fichier" which means "file" Smile

Ok, I got everything to work, thanks again all Smile
Is it completely safe to update the Prizm's OS ?
I mean are there known bugs, or is there some sort of a blockage (like TI blocking Ndless on Nspires) ?
Hayleia wrote:
I mean are there known bugs, or is there some sort of a blockage (like TI blocking Ndless on Nspires) ?
None whatsoever. All of the higher OS versions fix bugs and seem to introduce no new bugs, and Add-In execution remains entirely open to third-party coders. Smile This isn't TI that we're dealing with.
KermMartian wrote:
Hayleia wrote:
None whatsoever. All of the higher OS versions fix bugs and seem to introduce no new bugs, and Add-In execution remains entirely open to third-party coders. Smile This isn't TI that we're dealing with.
Ok, thanks. I'll upgrade then (you can guess I owned a CX CAS before a Prizm Razz)
Hayleia wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Hayleia wrote:
None whatsoever. All of the higher OS versions fix bugs and seem to introduce no new bugs, and Add-In execution remains entirely open to third-party coders. :) This isn't TI that we're dealing with.
Ok, thanks. I'll upgrade then (you can guess I owned a CX CAS before a Prizm :P)

Welcome to awesomesauce.
seana11 wrote:

Welcome to awesomesauce.
Lol, thanks. I knew I should expect more goodd things from the Prizm than from the CX CAS but I didn't know it would be this good Smile
Also, Prizm coders seems not to do things that would contary Casio (except the Image Viewer but it seems there was no problems with this) contrarily to some (not all of them) Nspire coders who release exactly what TI wants to avoid (like OSLauncher or PTTKiller), so I can hope it will remain open forever Very Happy
And indeed, that very reason is why a lot of us made a fuss about the image-viewer projects. Casio reps have told me that they are basically pretending third-party dev isn't happening, and I don't want us to do anything that would change that.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours