Canz anyone tell me all the rules to uploading the files?

Thaxs

With <3

Qazz42
From the upload page itself
Quote:
The Cemetech file archives are open to all user submissions, within reason. Files must be compressed in zip (Windows) or tar/tar.gz (Linux) archives, and are limited to 2MB except for special cases cleared with a Cemetech administrator. All file uploads (and updates) are subject to administrative review and may be rejected for any reason, including but not limited to inappropriate, stolen, or copyright-infringing content.
Yes but want things like details..

For example, does Kerm want specific games.

DOES HE WANT A README??????????????????????

and any other thing i should be wary of.
A read-me wasn't mentioned, so it appears I was wrong about that.

As for games,
Quote:
The Cemetech file archives are open to all user submissions, within reason.
So, your submission should likely be accepted.
Hmm I get it

I think Kerm denied my guessing game cause it can be considered trash

BUT

Im sure he will take my shooting game if only he could tell me if im missing anything...........
Quote:
All file uploads (and updates) are subject to administrative review and may be rejected for any reason
Since ticalc.org rejects guessing games and quadratic equation solvers, except under extraordinary circumstances, I decided I would follow the same. Smile
hmm when i type either into ticalc, i get OVER 9000!!!! results that are in fact guessing games or quadratic solvers.
qazz42 wrote:
hmm when i type either into ticalc, i get OVER 9000!!!! results that are in fact guessing games or quadratic solvers.

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/news/articles/10/106/106037.html

Quote:
You may have noticed the low numbers of new files added to our archives. We're having a debate about what to do with a growing problem: Programs that simply aren't very useful to anyone. There are more quadratic solvers in our archives than should ever exist, notwithstanding the fact that most models have this as a built-in feature.

Well, I can't find the exact article about it, but I'm 99% sure that that's the policy now.
ok i get it

but at least my choice battle game is good, right?
qazz42 wrote:
ok i get it

but at least my choice battle game is good, right?
Yup, just make sure you put it in a zip file and add a readme.
Ok thanks Kerm ill do that
readme:

should contain the following

1) name of program
2) intended calculator platform
3) date when it was released
4) your contact information
5) what buttons to use in the game
6) how to upload your game/program up to the intended calculator
7) how to run it

Not necessarily in that order
Ok ill keep that in mind thanks
Do not bother adding a README with your files. Barely anyone reads them anyway. Add a IGNOREME file instead. It seems to attract attention more.
KermMartian wrote:
Quote:
All file uploads (and updates) are subject to administrative review and may be rejected for any reason
Since ticalc.org rejects guessing games and quadratic equation solvers, except under extraordinary circumstances, I decided I would follow the same. Smile
I don't think they reject them anymore. When they split directories by genres, they somehow started accepting new quadratic solvers and guessing games again.

In fact, a quadratic solver was added a few days ago: http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/429/42908.html
Huh, I wonder why they changed their minds. Thanks for noticing that, Kevin. I think I'll still be cautious on adding those two classes of programs here, though. Razz
DJ Omnimaga wrote:
Do not bother adding a README with your files. Barely anyone reads them anyway. Add a IGNOREME file instead. It seems to attract attention more.

I almost always read the readmes, but I do tend to read IGNOREME files more often Smile
Ok I was rather compelled to read the ignore me for the Nspire patch.
The first thing I do whenever I get computer software, board games, new equipment, etc., is read the documentation-including read-mes, or watch tutorials and such. I don't like to use items at all unless I know exactly how to do it.
Well aren't you adventurous.
me2labs wrote:
The first thing I do whenever I get computer software, board games, new equipment, etc., is read the documentation-including read-mes, or watch tutorials and such. I don't like to use items at all unless I know exactly how to do it.
I couldn't make such a blanket statement. If I unpack a webcam or an SD card, chances are I'm not going to bother reading the manual placed prominently in the packaging until (unless) I plug it in and nothing particularly helpful happens.

Returning to the point of this thread, to some up the major file uploading rules for Cemetech:
1. Files must be compressed in zip (Windows) or tar/tar.gz (Linux) archives
2. Files are limited to 2MB except for special cases cleared with a Cemetech administrator
3. All file uploads (and updates) are subject to administrative review and may be rejected for any reason, including but not limited to inappropriate, stolen, or copyright-infringing content. Needless to say, this right is a formality and is not generally abused. Some administrative license is taken in attempting to maintain a high quality of submissions, of course.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours