Skip to 2:00
wow, that's gross
I used to grab kielbasa with my toes, and dip it in the honey, at family barbecues....didn't take mom long to put a stop to it, but it's not particularly gross if you take good care of your feet.
elfprince13 wrote:
I used to grab kielbasa with my toes, and dip it in the honey, at family barbecues....didn't take mom long to put a stop to it, but it's not particularly gross if you take good care of your feet.

In our society it is.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
Indeed, feet mostly have a taboo of being dirty and gross. If I had to take a random guess I would say it's a throwback from the times before shoes, when our feet collected all the grime of humanity on them.

In our society it is.
the funny thing of course is that as a barefooter my feet are less clean, but significantly more sanitary than those of you who spend all day incubating fungi Wink
KermMartian wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
Indeed, feet mostly have a taboo of being dirty and gross. If I had to take a random guess I would say it's a throwback from the times before shoes, when our feet collected all the grime of humanity on them.

In our society it is.

Quote fail.

elfprince13 wrote:
the funny thing of course is that as a barefooter my feet are less clean, but significantly more sanitary than those of you who spend all day incubating fungi Wink

Harboring potential fungi is better than stepping on a rusty nail and getting tetanus.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Harboring potential fungi is better than stepping on a rusty nail and getting tetanus.

Every foot injury (ankle rolls, nail-impalings, etc) have come from the false sense of security and disconnect with the terrain that comes from wearing shoes. Also, the one time I stepped on glass while barefoot I just got a chunk of it embedded in my callous, which was thick enough that I pulled it out without actually bleeding. also, tetanus boosters ftw.

Oh, and the moccasins that I wear when it's too cold to bare foot (to keep in the habit of walking correctly, and the associated muscles), or where the employees make a stink about health code, and I'm in too much of a rush to point out that they applicable health code rules only apply to employees, still smell like fur and new leather. I don't know *anyone* else who's shoes smell nice after they've had them for a year and a half. The *other* benefit of keeping healthy, well ventilated feet Wink

[edit]
That and I'm not destroying my lower back by walking like a cow Wink
elfprince13 wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:

Every foot injury (ankle rolls, nail-impalings, etc) have come from the false sense of security and disconnect with the terrain that comes from wearing shoes. Also, the one time I stepped on glass while barefoot I just got a chunk of it embedded in my callous, which was thick enough that I pulled it out without actually bleeding. also, tetanus boosters ftw.

I'd rather walk over jagged rocks with shoes than without; calluses are only so thick.

elfprince13 wrote:
Oh, and the moccasins that I wear when it's too cold to bare foot (to keep in the habit of walking correctly, and the associated muscles), or where the employees make a stink about health code, and I'm in too much of a rush to point out that they applicable health code rules only apply to employees, still smell like fur and new leather. I don't know *anyone* else who's shoes smell nice after they've had them for a year and a half. The *other* benefit of keeping healthy, well ventilated feet Wink

[edit]
That and I'm not destroying my lower back by walking like a cow Wink

If you *wash* your shoes they'll smell nice.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours