Me and Zeldaking have been throwing around a few ideas about having a party. I would like to know how many people would like to come, suggestions of where, when, and what to do.

What about frisbee golf or somthing?
Want to change this to a not Utah specific? Maybe just a topic that everyone can post general gathering ideas and where they live (state-wise and area; not addresses) so others can put similar groups together?
Party-Staff wrote:

This is a general topic for all of cemetech on party ideas, planning etc.
Things to post:
-General area where you live; not an address but state & city, so others can see who lives around them.
-Gathering ideas; games, activities (programming?)
-Pictures of gatherings, so others can see what fun they are.
-Anything else you want!
I think it would also be cool at gatherings to show off what you have come up with since (last party or who knows when).

Admission: must have/show a calculator Smile
I'll start us off I guess.
-I live in Utah, Utah county area. Which is mid state.
-I think some good party ideas could be; food, a combined program idea that we can start work on and continue.
I am guessing a group "party" won't consist of too many members as we are spread out across the world, but more like a small get together.
We've come up with a lot of ideas in this space before (see Calculator Programming eXpo (CPX). Back when we were first discussing things, it turned out that everyone was too young and/or too poor to travel to meet for something like this. As the administrators have gotten older, we've all met at least some subset of the rest of us, and some members and staff have also met at World Maker Faire 2012 and 2013. However, we still could use a big meeting of some sort. I tend to think either an East Coast or West Coast location would be central for as many members as possible, but it's still a logistical nightmare figuring everything out. Smile
Davis county area for me.

Lunch thing somewhere?
Meet up at a park?
Discuss programming, have a good time with friends that do the same things you do.
I'd like this; think its a good idea. And I live in Colorado. But I feel that most Cemetech members live far from eachother, would one of the admins like to make a map of the member's locations? That should help.
CalebHansberry wrote:
I'd like this; think its a good idea. And I live in Colorado. But I feel that most Cemetech members live far from eachother, would one of the admins like to make a map of the member's locations? That should help.
Funnily enough, there already is such a map; it was something I created many, many years ago and just fixed up yesterday:

http://www.cemetech.net/about/usermap.php
Nice! I'm not at all on the map, though. I live surprisingly close to SirCmpwn, but other than that I seem to live near only inactive newbies.
I think for right now, We should just suggest activities we would like to do at something like this. Keep in mind the number of people that might come, time of day, ect.

Some fun things I think we could do

Frisbee golf
Small lunch in the park
Tech show-off
I have a place in mind.

Here

Now we just have to think of a time.
kek, there's like nobody interesting near me

says tifreak lives 10 miles from me but I'm pretty sure that NoVA isn't Indiana

Otherwise I would have to retract my first sentence

CalebHansberry wrote:
live surprisingly close to SirCmpwn

hide your rosaries and fedoras and lock your doors at night
Ashbad wrote:
CalebHansberry wrote:
live surprisingly close to SirCmpwn

Hide your code and fedoras and lock your doors at night. FTFY. Wink

As far as I can tell, there are a great number of members in the Northeast, and even in the New York City tristate area itself, but I don't know how many of them fall into the set of both people who want to get together and people whom I haven't already hung out with.
KermMartian wrote:
Ashbad wrote:
Hide your code and fedoras and lock your doors at night. FTFY. Wink

Better watch those ANDs, ORs, and XORs, they might just suddenly disappearĀ 

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours