I think the total contributions are in the millions at this point. The question of how much the individual developers and charities have gotten is a different question...
elfprince13 wrote:
I think the total contributions are in the millions at this point. The question of how much the individual developers and charities have gotten is a different question...
Absolutely, but I'd imagine those are still relatively impressive figures. Smile
Just got mine. I've ordered all 3 Humble Bundles, and the Organic Indie Bundle before them. Not a huge contribution, but above the average, and within my means.

As a hobby game developer and someone who believes in the importance of small businesses, I feel that doing so (even if I don't play all the games) is an important thing to do.
I'm not sure if I'm gonna pick this one up, I got that last one and I payed more than average for it, but the games just don't look as good and it it seems like the developer is only doing this because they know they are near the end of their profitability range and this gives them one last chance to make some more money on them while also giving to charity. If I do end up picking it up I'll most likely put most of the money to go to the EFF and Childs play.
I thought the survival ones looked fun =)
Well, I know they met their goal, and I'm sure the devs don't mind selling 2000x the number of copies at 1/10 of the price Razz
i haven't the foggiest idea what these games are, but i will soon (they're all about 10% downloaded =D)

as far as DRM free and absolutely BRILLIANT games go, you should all definitely check out Amanita Design. Machinarium is right up there with the Myst series and the Neverhood on the list of greatest point-and-click puzzle adventure games of all time, and they have quite a few other things worth checking out as well (Kooky, for example)
TheStorm wrote:
... it seems like the developer is only doing this because they know they are near the end of their profitability range...
The games, or the Humble Indie Bundle concept itself? I'm hoping you mean the former rather than the latter, because the concept as a whole seems pretty sustainable to me. Smile
I missed the last one, but I really want to get this one. Thankfully comicIDIOT bought me the first one! I played all those games like I was first introduced to video games Razz Best present a client's ever given me ^^,

I'll be picking this one up for above average for sure, partially just because I love the idea of it. The games look pretty fun. I should be getting paid in the next couple days after the week starts. Smile

And I've gotta agree with Kerm. I think the idea is great. Especially since it's not really centered around the developers at all.
Smile I just purchased this one, downloaded them all for my computer and will be playing them in the coming days!

I wonder if the Shadow Grounds are online multiplayer ;D
Really, it's not possible to complain about it, unless after buying you feel like you overpayed Razz but yeah, Kerm, I'm pretty sure he meant the games
Humble Indie Bundle #3 is out, get it while its hot!!!!1!!!!

http://www.humblebundle.com/
Beat me to the post. Evil or Very Mad

I recall playing with Hammerfight a long time ago (maybe during some sort of public beta?) and I found it rather amusing. None of the others really strike my fancy, but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.
Tari wrote:

I recall playing with Hammerfight a long time ago (maybe during some sort of public beta?) and I found it rather amusing. None of the others really strike my fancy, but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Yeah I have officially decided I am terrible at Hammerfight, that or I don't have my mouse calibrated for it correctly.
I'll be doing this after payday!

Unrelatedly, I never did finish downloading all the games from Humble Indie Bundle 2 :/
Got all 3 Humble Bundles!

Someone gifted me the 3rd one today (woo VVVVVV for Linux Very Happy). I bought the 2nd one while it was hot and got the 1st one with it Very Happy
I've been buying them since #1. I can't wait to support it again!
TheStorm wrote:
Tari wrote:

Yeah I have officially decided I am terrible at Hammerfight, that or I don't have my mouse calibrated for it correctly.

You are not alone. I spent about 20 minutes trying to beat part 3 of chapter 1.
*bump*
There is now a Humble Indie Bundle for Android, in addition to Linux, Windows, and OS X.
http://www.humblebundle.com/

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours