OOops mixed it up with LSD
CyberPrime wrote:
@Elrune: "I have not seen anything like this before." Woah! Interesting that you just attribute it to cannabis then! Isn't it possible it was something else?

Haha, oh wow.
One would think that those scientists would know a little bit more about science than you do, pal, because they've had a education in it.

Surely the lecturer, also a doctor, would be onto something when he put down such definitive statements on paper for all to see?
I think it is a little pretentious to go and critique such public figures unless you have a medical education of your own to match.

So, what did he die from, given he was disease free, alcohol free, free from wounds, and high out of his mind?
Or will you simply fall back on the common argument that he was simply 'given a batch of "bad weed"'?
@Elrune: Coroners don't have to have a medical degree (IE be a doctor), they simply have to have been trained as a coroner (and sometimes not even that! Sometimes it's just an open job that is filled by a typical citizen). He's not a scientist, he's a glorified mortician.

I can show you another doctor, probably of a higher educational background, who would say just the opposite, namely Dr. Lester Grinspoon of the Harvard Medical School. Also, might I point you to this quote: "However, a review of the toxicological data and autopsy report by a Swiss expert revealed that there is no reason to assume that the sudden death of Lee Maisey in August 2003 was due to cannabis." (http://www.cannabis-med.org/english/bulletin/ww_en_db_cannabis_artikel.php?id=166#2) There are Doctors who say that smoking cigarettes has no link to cancer, are you going to believe their word? No, of course not, you know that's ridiculous.

Who knows what he died from? They said he was alcohol free as of the last 48 hours. Who knows, he could have been a raging alcoholic. He could have had a stroke, his heart could have given out, he could have had cancer; there are a variety of things that could have caused his death, but considering we've never seen ANYTHING like this before, I'm inclined to believe it wasn't due to the cannabis. If it was we would have seen people dropping like flies all over the world, but we don't. Besides, why is tobacco and alcohol legal when they kill so many thousands of people every year? It seems that our laws are extremely backwards.
Since when is tainted weed a common argument for death? Very rarely is weed tainted, and it's usually by the people doing the smoking, not by the dealers themselves. Even if it was bad weed this is a reason for legalization; we can control the quality of the product and not have to go through the back alley channels of the illegal black market, which could result in negative side-effects.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 5 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours