Here's the place for pictures that you generate with ray-tracers.
POV-Ray is freeware, just Google "pov-ray" to find the download. it comes complete with an in-depth, highly descriptive help file and tutorial.

One of my pictures: Gaze

me2labs wrote:
POV-Ray is freeware

To be more specific, the source is available under the Pov-ray liscence, but there are restrictions on modifying it.
I mean that you don't have to pay for it. It's a free download of free software that's free to use. It's freeware, just not open source freeware.
me2labs wrote:
I mean that you don't have to pay for it. It's a free download of free software that's free to use. It's freeware, just not open source freeware.
The usual way to make that distinction is to say that it's "free as in beer" but not "free as in speech". Free software (as in the FSF, the Free Software Foundation) often refers to free-as-in-speech works.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours