SOOOO...

i have a ti-30xIIS scientific calc at home and was bored

so i looked inside of it after dismantling it

i noticed how it was connected to a battery and thought what a waste of battery if this thing is solar powered

so i now removed the battery i would have had to replace and now mah scientific calc is SOLER POWERED AND ENERGY EFFICIENT

tell me is this is new or if you have heard of and done this before
The battery is there so that you can keep using it when you don't have enough light to power it.

You're an idiot.
not really it is really sunny where i am and also i has a light in ma room that somehow duplicates sunlight or summthing so i really am NOT an ididot

i am just tryin to say that this si a way to get a free battery and still have a workin calc

and scince the light as my main light my calc will only NOT work when i am in my room at night with all lights off

i feel so great
qazz42 wrote:
not really it is really sunny where i am and also i has a light in ma room that somehow duplicates sunlight or summthing so i really am NOT an ididot

i am just tryin to say that this si a way to get a free battery and still have a workin calc

If you are taking over the world and your doom laser needs a battery, and you positively cannot find one for the life of you then maybe, but even then...
...well, it wouldn't be advisable.

It presumably also allows the memory function to work too.
meh i feel this is the way because i am an environment freak

also i think the mem function is annoying cause i never use it

also please do not spill my plan of world domination cause you will be first if you do

Very Happy Razz
This thread is more awesome than the abortion thread. Because op is prime evidence for the pro-choice case.
also tell me weather you would do this now that i has enlightened you

one momre thing it would only work in daytime or if you put it near a light at night time so yeah it is kinda disabled at night but hey

so tell me if you have heard of anyone doin this too

ALSO after some experimenting in this envir-mode i found oout that cutting battery supply has no effect whatsoever on how the calc works except that well it turns offf at night

anotherthing is that if one wire iS connected and if you connect it completely and the other is connected to a different part of the circut board, not where it is supposed to, a bright LED light goes on and that light is BRIGHT
Quote:
now mah scientific calc is SOLER POWERED AND ENERGY EFFICIENT

Quote:
i has a light in ma room that somehow duplicates sunlight or summthing so i really am NOT an ididot

Quote:
i am an environment freak

The above is.. I am not even going there. <<;

Quote:

No, I am enlightened to stick with my ever so amazing TI graphing calculator collection with RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES.

This thread is not overly helpful or productive to the internet. Commence lock down of silly topic?
tifreak8x wrote:
Quote:
now mah scientific calc is SOLER POWERED AND ENERGY EFFICIENT

Quote:
i has a light in ma room that somehow duplicates sunlight or summthing so i really am NOT an ididot

Quote:
i am an environment freak

The above is.. I am not even going there. <<;

Quote:

No, I am enlightened to stick with my ever so amazing TI graphing calculator collection with RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES.

This thread is not overly helpful or productive to the internet. Commence lock down of silly topic?

I suppose it could be helpful, but it is presented poorly. Perhaps edit it to decent english and not ALL CAPS?
Can't we just ban the underage member?
Can we just ban the underage member AND lock the topic already? Waste of database space Razz
alex10819 wrote:
Can't we just ban the underage member?

I do hope you are joking.
qazz42 wrote:

one momre thing it would only work in daytime or if you put it near a light at night time so yeah it is kinda disabled at night but hey

so tell me if you have heard of anyone doin this too

ALSO after some experimenting in this envir-mode i found oout that cutting battery supply has no effect whatsoever on how the calc works except that well it turns offf at night

anotherthing is that if one wire iS connected and if you connect it completely and the other is connected to a different part of the circut board, not where it is supposed to, a bright LED light goes on and that light is BRIGHT

No, only an idiot would do this. Why do you think removing the battery is somehow an "envir-mode"? Because it hasn't done jack shit to help the environment in any way.
If you think it's done something for the environment by removing the battery, you've simply either prematurely turned the battery into waste, or put it to another use. Both of which have done nothing at all to help the environment.
You know, they make Graphing Calculator that are already just solar powered.
There's no need to lock the topic, or troll the newbie, although his spelling is a bit appalling. Solar powered calculators are an interesting topic, and someone could at least explain to him short-term/long-term power requirements.
well sorry to seem like an idiot i just thought what would happen if i opened it up and when i saw the battery i thought "geez what a waste of battery i can use this to power my watch or my pokewalker or something"

plus i have 2 scientific calcs AND i never use them

i thought i was on to something......

HEY!!! I'm 13 i believe i meet the minimum age requirement

Mad ah well never mind i guess it was kinda a silly idea.. but you need not to be so hurtful Sad

back to the serious matters of Graphing Calculator
qazz42 wrote:
Mad ah well never mind i guess it was kinda a silly idea.. but you need not to be so hurtful Sad

Offtopic video converted to link ~elf

Offtopic link converted to video ~ultdev
Hey, I think what he did isn't half bad, considering his age. Sure it helped the environment a total of NONE, but it's a step in the right direction! Good job, but shouldn't your calc have the battery AND the solar panel so it will work anywhere?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours