http://www.last.fm/forum/21717/_/617074/1

I was wondering why I could only get 30 second clips recently (among other changes); I demand a refund Mad
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:

I was wondering why I could only get 30 second clips recently (among other changes); I demand a refund Mad
Isn't last.fm free anyway, also Grooveshark is rather nice.
Hmmm, that explains quite a lot. Back to youtube for me. At least it still Scrobbles.
TheStorm wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:

Isn't last.fm free anyway, also Grooveshark is rather nice.

Yes, but you can subscribe and have the 3 play limit for certain songs lifted, among othe things (so much for that though).
Nobody cares about Last.FM anymore... Last.FM is for losersssss. Use LaLa.com cause it's for cool people...

LaLa.com has a stream 'one free full listen' policy. After that it's 30 seconds, except for songs that's in your universal library. All your local music, from anywhere, can be uploaded to your Lala library. And technically it doesn't even upload the music, just scans your library and add's it to your online library.

*cough* On a side note, Orbit Downloader is great for downloading streamed media like YouTube videos Smile
I eventually got somewhat sick of my own music and just started listening to Pandora last summer. They had some nice variety, they introduced me to new artists that I subsequently got interested in, and all I need to do is click on the window every few hours so they know I didn't leave.
swivelgames wrote:
Nobody cares about Last.FM anymore... Last.FM is for losersssss. Use LaLa.com cause it's for cool people...

LaLa.com has a stream 'one free full listen' policy. After that it's 30 seconds, except for songs that's in your universal library. All your local music, from anywhere, can be uploaded to your Lala library. And technically it doesn't even upload the music, just scans your library and add's it to your online library.

*cough* On a side note, Orbit Downloader is great for downloading streamed media like YouTube videos Smile

LaLa doesn't even have half of the artists I listen to. Pandora's okay but I can't seem to find a way to play individual songs vs. listening to a station.

Also, Video DownloadHelper > Orbit Downloader
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
LaLa doesn't even have half of the artists I listen to. Pandora's okay but I can't seem to find a way to play individual songs vs. listening to a station.

Pandora doesn't let you play full individual songs. You can listen to 30 second clips. If you want to hear a full song for free, just go to youtube or free.napster.com or rhapsody.
Kllrnohj wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:

Pandora doesn't let you play full individual songs. You can listen to 30 second clips. If you want to hear a full song for free, just go to youtube or free.napster.com or rhapsody.

Grooveshark.com works rather nice as well for most songs though I have seen a few mistagged or just total mislabled songs.
The last.fm application for iPhoneOS still plays full songs.

Also, Kllrnohj, Pandora lets you play 1 individual song per station, when you start the station, and if you train it right you can get some pretty awesome results.

Just sayin
CDI wrote:
Also, Kllrnohj, Pandora lets you play 1 individual song per station, when you start the station, and if you train it right you can get some pretty awesome results.

Just sayin

No it doesn't. Pandora *SOMETIMES* plays the song you chose to create the station first, but most of the time it doesn't.
Rhapsody is the best for free music. It says only 25 plays per month (erase cookies, its back to 25 Smile ), but you can easily download the full length mp3 with Chrome's developer tools (Opera works too).
See this is why you use Orbit... then you're not limited one free listen. *cough* Razz
Cemetech TOS does not permit discussion of HOW to undertake copyright infringement. Philosophy discussions are fine. How-to's are not. ~elfprince13
I've found some pretty great bands on Jamendo. Nothing mainstream though. And last.fm still has some treasures in the free mp3 download section.
I knew you would do something like that , Elfprince.
elfprince13 wrote:
I've found some pretty great bands on Jamendo. Nothing mainstream though. And last.fm still has some treasures in the free mp3 download section.
Like Mackintosh Braun? Smile

Never used Jamendo before... Never even heard of it. I'll have to check it out Razz
I recommend Shades of Dream and Cyborgjeff.
Now last.fm's scrobbling servers have been down for the past few hours. So glad my $36 helps keep a free service working properly Good Idea
Hah, right?? Laughing

Which reminds me, I still haven't canceled my subscription.

Bleh... I have such an dynamic and abstract taste for music that Last.FM really can't ever figure me out D:

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours