PLEASE HELP ME!!!

I installed TI-Connect on my computer (WindowsXP Home Edition) its always worked fine with no problems.I thought for easy access I'd move everything from the "Program Files" directory to my desktop (don't ask why I didn't make a shortcut, don't know why) when I tried to send the files to my calc they wouldn't send.So I deleted it and decided to reinstall it to where I wanted it and now it says I have an older version detected and need to uninstall it before continuing, BUT IT CAN'T FIND UNWISE.EXE!!! I spend hours deleted every file containing the words "TI, TI CONNECT, etc." or anything related to TI-Connect and it still won't work!If anyone can, please send me a copy of the TI-Connect uninstaller or I'm permanently screwed!

Send it to: xenonparadox@yahoo.com
Did you permanently delete all the files (shift+del or empty recycle bin) ? If not, restore all the files (you can restore them to their original location from recycle bin).

If you can't do that, I don't know what then.

And for the record, use descriptive topic names and don't use all caps. Something like "Help with fixing TI-Connect" would suffice. It's not like we're going to ignore you if you don't "shout" to us. Razz
Sadly, I emptied th recycle bin too... Dang my organization...
Drat. Well, I'm no computer whizz but I'll hazard a guess that you should look through the registry (search for 'regedit' if XP's like Vista) and delete all the TI-Connect registry stuff. That might be the key to getting TI-Connect to install again.
dun dat too...
Not sure if it'll work but try Window's native Add/Remove Program tool. If it lists TI-Connect on there, you might be able to uninstall it. If not, then I'm out of suggestions.... :/
I also did that...It doesn't even show up...

But as I said before, it might be possible if someone could send me the unwise.exe and install.log that should be in the installed directory.
Argh! >_<
Well... I dunno what else to do... I doubt System Restore would fix a problem like this... and I dunno what else. In the meantime, you could install TiLP or some other alternative linking software. :/

[edit]Or we could do that.... what version of TI-Connect you got?
Well, when it was last installed it was version 1.2.1
Ah. I have 1.6. I don't know if version makes a difference when we're trying to force an uninstall, but I dunno. I'd wait and see what advice you get from somebody who knows a thing or two about computers ^^;
could very well be information about TI Connect in your Registry, I don't know how comfortable you are digging around in there.
rivereye wrote:
could very well be information about TI Connect in your Registry, I don't know how comfortable you are digging around in there.

Given that he tried to "organize" the files in program files like a complete idiot and that his panic solution was to delete everything (rather than just moving it back where it was), he should really just give up and take his computer to geek squad.
lol Geek Squad

When in doubt, system restore.
If you deleted all of program files, shouldn't you be having bigger problems?
Anyway, just install it on another computer, put it on a flash drive, then put it in program files on the computer you messed up on.

Edit: Oh yeah, and you can just restore the files you deleted anyway. The data isn't gone until something overwrites it.
delete system32 and your problems will be over.
Will_W wrote:
If you deleted all of program files, shouldn't you be having bigger problems?
Anyway, just install it on another computer, put it on a flash drive, then put it in program files on the computer you messed up on.

Edit: Oh yeah, and you can just restore the files you deleted anyway. The data isn't gone until something overwrites it.
It sounds to me like his best option is just format his computer and start over. Moving the entire contents of /Program Files/ to the desktop does not bode well for the stability and integrity of his computer. Razz
I guess I wasn't 100% clear when I said what I had done...So here's a recap:

I tried to move Program Files\TI Connect to Desktop\Asm - to keep all my TI stuff together.

When I opened RegEdit I deleted the registries for TI_Connect and TI-Graph Link

When I used the Add\Remove tool I removed TI-Graph Link but it was unable to locate TI-Connect

I done a search for all files beginning at C:/ that contain keywords such as "TI, TI-Connect, .etc" (a painstaking process requiring the viewing and removing of thousands of files)

I know I may seem ignorant but I have my duh moments just like everyone else.Most of my stupidity comes from trying to understand z80, although I'm fluent in TI-Basic, Javascript, Batch scripting, HTML, and GML.I was just in a rush and forgot to think.

As for deleting System32 or using System Restore, out of the question.Sadly I work on my mom's computer and the answer would be "ah, na".I tried transferring with a USB flash drive but the computer I was transferring from doesn't support USB drivers, has no internet connection, and just recently crashed and became un-repairable.
So basically you're screwed.
Well since I've screwed up TI-Connect, can someone tell me how to get libticables2-2.dll so I can run TiLP?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours