OOI, now that Cemetech is over that huge flood from last night where that guy posted ten billion words, or whatever it was, I was curious.

Quote:
Numbers: 1,267 users have written 102,996 posts in 4,033 topics totalling 3,753,687 words and garnering 7,343,970 topic views. The 411 programs in the file archives were written by 47 authors and have been downloaded a total of 19,864 times,

Given the guy got banned, was what he posted added to the forum stats on the front page? (shown above)
Because that completely invalidates the number of words stat if it does.
elrunethe2nd wrote:
OOI, now that Cemetech is over that huge flood from last night where that guy posted ten billion words, or whatever it was, I was curious.

Quote:
Numbers: 1,267 users have written 102,996 posts in 4,033 topics totalling 3,753,687 words and garnering 7,343,970 topic views. The 411 programs in the file archives were written by 47 authors and have been downloaded a total of 19,864 times,

Given the guy got banned, was what he posted added to the forum stats on the front page? (shown above)
Nope, after Rivereye and I finished deleting all his posts, I resynced the word count with the actual posts. So barring any weird edits that happened today, that number is accurate.
KermMartian wrote:
elrunethe2nd wrote:

Quote:

Nope, after Rivereye and I finished deleting all his posts, I resynced the word count with the actual posts. So barring any weird edits that happened today, that number is accurate.

Well alright.
Shouldn't be a surprise that Kerm had a plan in place for that.
rivereye wrote:
Shouldn't be a surprise that Kerm had a plan in place for that.
I'm flattered, thanks Rivereye. Smile
been here too long not to know you like that. If not, I have more issues than I thought.
rivereye wrote:
been here too long not to know you like that. If not, I have more issues than I thought.
Fair enough. Smile The next order of business will be adding a little something to the ACP so I can delete all the posts a user made along with the user him or herself.
after what happened today, sounds like a great idea.
KermMartian wrote:
rivereye wrote:
Fair enough. Smile The next order of business will be adding a little something to the ACP so I can delete all the posts a user made along with the user him or herself.
That would be cool. Simplemachines has this. In the user profile if I click "Delete this user" I have a drop down menu asking me if I want to also delete all this member posts, all his topics, both, or none at all. In case of spam attacks, only 3 or 4 clicks and everything lands in the trash can (or is gone forever if trash can is disabled).
KermMartian wrote:
rivereye wrote:

Wait, what did I miss?
The other day, someone signed up on the forums named "ihatecalculators" and started spamming the forums with large and random posts. Thankfullly, Kerm and myself logged on during the middle of it, and was able to shut him down and delete the posts he had created during that time frame. However, it was a bit of a time consuming process, and a script to just mass delete all posts by a spammer like that would be nice to have.
Isn't that an integrated feature of phpBB? When deleting a user on the MaxCoderz forum I have the option to preserve or delete all their posts, as well as options to ban by IP/email address/username.
benryves wrote:
Isn't that an integrated feature of phpBB? When deleting a user on the MaxCoderz forum I have the option to preserve or delete all their posts, as well as options to ban by IP/email address/username.
I have all those options except fo te preserve / delete, which I presume was added in a later phpBB than the last one I managed to merge the upgrades from before the task got out of hand. It will be a fairly trivial addon to make though: a checkbox for deleting posts in the template, a section of code with a single SQL statement that handles it.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours