qazz42 wrote:
well now that i know that the power shut down on the nspire emu is causing the problem, i would like to know if it will be fixed in dcs 7

thanxs
Well, if I can figure out what it is that's causing the crash, yes. Otherwise, probably not. Smile I'll certainly try though, and I might ask you to test things.
cool id love to

hm first time i loved to take a test
qazz42 wrote:
cool id love to

hm first time i loved to take a test
Haha, well played.
oh and i hope you do not mind if i do not use doors for some time

reinstalling the OS is really wasting my battery

sigh.... guess it is back to noshell .. how boring
Sorry Noshell's boring for you, but that's kind of the point of it. Smile

Just to have it said, this DoorsCS 6.2 possible crash thing is not because of undocumented 84+SE instructions in the emulator -- if that were the case, the Nspire would reboot and you'd see the loading progress bar, not hang indefinitely.
yes but i know it is because of doors

it inly happensd when i shut down useing the doors "start" menu

or if it powers down to sleep mode while using doors
qazz42 wrote:
yes but i know it is because of doors

it inly happensd when i shut down useing the doors "start" menu

or if it powers down to sleep mode while using doors
Strangely enough, I think I've duplicated this thing on Doors CS 6.3-in-progress on an emulated 83+. I'll keep looking into it.
what do you mean?

is there a emulated ti 83+?
I think he just means VTI or TilEm.
NormalKid wrote:
I think he just means VTI or TilEm.
WabbitEmu, actually, but yes, I mean a normal TI-83+ that's not being emulated in an Nspire calculator.
If you know how to reproduce the problem, I would recommend against doing so; for now, the best thing to do would be to simply not shut down the Graphing Calculator from the DCS menu, but to exit DCS and shut down normally.
yes but sometime the calc goes to sleep mode while i am in dcs

especially when i am playing a game and need to hide it but i has no time to close out of it

Sad

oh i have an idea howz about you set it so that the calc cannot go into sleep mode while in doors7

just wondering but the power menu is still pretty cool
Actually, APD is specifically programmed in, otherwise if you left your calculator on Doors CS it would just keep running and running at the desktop until your battery died.
ok but still nspire users are at disadvantage when goofing off... i mean programming

so i would be really happy if this issue is fixed

but if you cant i can always get an actuall ti-84

so no pressure

also post when if it is fixed
qazz42 wrote:
ok but still nspire users are at disadvantage when goofing off... i mean programming

so i would be really happy if this issue is fixed

but if you cant i can always get an actuall ti-84

so no pressure

also post when if it is fixed
I'll try to fix it in Doors CS 6.3 Beta or Doors CS 6.4 Beta, which will both be lead-up editions to Doors CS 7.
confusing but AWSOME

is there any shell you recomend while i wait?

other than noshell or mirage?

also any aproximate release dates for dcs 6.3 and 6.4?
Crunchy was a nice little shell, very simple interface, much like Ion had. I recommend it over MirageOS. But I am uncertain if it works on the Nspire. Give it a whirl, let us know the results?
yep i tried it and it reset the ram

crud....

WHY WONT ANY SHELL WORK PROPERLY ON MY NSPIRE
because the Nspire 84+ emulator is a hack job from TI, making people want the real 84+ hardware :p
but what in the emulator prevents the shells from working?

note: i just put mirageos 1.1 and it works so i will stick to that until the issue is resolved cause dcs is AWSOME

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours