I got an '07 ford focus, $11,000
Kllrnohj wrote:
That's a lie. All Saabs are broken. No such thing as a non-broken Saab, they just don't exist.
Drive my Saab, you'll take back those words.

KermMartian wrote:
Whoa, driveshaft is considered "minor"? I thought you had to take apart most of drivetrain to get to it.
It had something to do with the steering column. it clunked when ever steer while backing up. Replaced something and it stopped; one of the parts was broken.
lafferjm wrote:

...WHY?

No mean to offend, but unless it was the European model, I don't see the point in the Focus' existence.

Alex: I thought we were talking about minor in cost of repairs. Hah

I've always loved Saab's look, but Kllrnohj is far from lying Laughing
Congrats on owning a Saab that hasn't completely destroyed itself yet. Razz
I got a 1969 Pontiac Firebird in shit condition this summer for 5K. I Spent about 4K getting new parts and such, and I'm refurnishing and installing the new parts this summer at my old high school's auto shop. Free Tools, A Hell of A Lot of Time, A Bitchin Car. Its gonna be fun. Oh, and talking about jobs, i make $10.50 an hour as a cashier at WhichWich on campus. I book about 30 hours a week, so my student loans are as good as gone.

And whomever it is thats leaving, go ahead, noone really gives two shits.
swivelgames wrote:
lafferjm wrote:

...WHY?

No mean to offend, but unless it was the European model, I don't see the point in the Focus' existence.

I just liked the car. Pictures of it are in this topic http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3032
Svakk wrote:
I got a 1969 Pontiac Firebird in a condition this summer for 5K. I Spent about 4K getting new parts and such, and I'm refurnishing and installing the new parts this summer at my old high school's auto shop. Free Tools, A Hell of A Lot of Time, A Bitchin Car. Its gonna be fun. Oh, and talking about jobs, i make $10.50 an hour as a cashier at WhichWich on campus. I book about 30 hours a week, so my student loans are as good as gone.

And whomever it is thats leaving, go ahead, noone really gives two a.
Badass Razz

I've got an 87 Corolla SR-5 that I was going to restore, but ended up having to arrange for it to be sold after my brother took it for a spin and blew the motor in it, hah. And I needed the money to get my Accord fixed...

lafferjm, Ah. It looks like it's in damn good shape, hope it lasts you. I can't wait until they bring the Euro Focus to the US. In my experiences, the US Focus is just awful. I guess it wouldn't be a terrible car if you babied it and didn't need anything that'd last you an incredibly long time though. Razz
hahaha yeahh i know, but its a piece of shit collecting more rust in my parent's garage right now. i forgot to mention i got it from one of my friend's dad's who owns a junkyard, so its shitty, but i'll upload some pics the next time i get home.
swivelgames wrote:
Alex: I thought we were talking about minor in cost of repairs. Hah
It was minor, I think ._. It was easy enough to fix for my dad to do it. Doesn't mean it was cheap, though.

Quote:
Congrats on owning a Saab that hasn't completely destroyed itself yet. Razz
Above anything, I'll be destroying it. I've gone off-roading with it too often. And not like, gently either. Poor FWD car Sad +/ Once I off-roaded so bad I ruined the battery cables and needed a jump to get back home and replace those x) They transmitted power just fine, just not enough to turn the engine.

They needed to be replaced anyways, they were corroded too much to be deemed safe I was told.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours