Comic, those look fantastic! Smile

Here's one I took a couple weeks ago.

Playing around with my new Canon 6D.

Used the WiFi Feature to send a photo to my phone for editing:

Blooper by AlexGlanville, on Flickr

Edited on PC:

IMG_0171.jpg by AlexGlanville, on Flickr

IMG_0323.jpg by AlexGlanville, on Flickr

Don't know why, I like the phone edit better. Might have to look into buying some presets for my software on the computer.

Another blooper:

Untitled by AlexGlanville, on Flickr

My camera can do "double exposures" where it'll take 2-9 images on top of each other. In film, the photo paper is already white so to preserve that the negative has to be black so light from the enlarger doesn't expose the paper.

When doing a double exposure (or more) it's best to keep your subject in the dark areas - or the areas where the paper will be exposed by the negative and enlarger. It's something I plan to play with and maybe open up a new gallery on my website with. Anyways, here's one properly done.

IMG_0040.jpg by AlexGlanville, on Flickr
Maybe instead of new hardware you learned how to use a photo editor?
From a hike in the middle of the week.

IMG_0138.jpg by AlexGlanville, on Flickr

IMG_0179.jpg by AlexGlanville, on Flickr

Various Maps
The sharp point towards the top right of the hike map (#2) is where I went off-trail to the top of a hill and captured the second image of this post. In the first image you can see the trail we came down on.

On our way up we started hearing all these cows mooing. We heard, what sounded like, kids mooing back and the occasional dog bark. We thought it was some family harassing the cows. We thought about heading back to see if these kids were unsupervised or what but decided we had already committed to a rather extreme uphill climb that coming back up to continue our hike would have been a deterrent.

We get hire and my friend says "OMG! The cows are in the road." Turns out the kids were actually ranchers herding the cattle across the road. We stood and watched for about 5 minutes. A biker went through the herd and a car came up, both visible in the photo. The car turned out to be a ranger or something. If we had arrived 30 minutes later, we would have been stuck for a while - since the free parking lot was just on the other side of this crossing, the paid lot is next to the ranger.

This photo is significantly cropped.

Herding by AlexGlanville, on Flickr
_MG_0074 by allynfolksjr, on Flickr
This is a 3-image composition I made of a lunar corona I saw on the way back to my dorm. I've been experimenting around with HDR photography for a while, and finally starting to get to a point where I'm happy with the results I normally get

Corona is an optical phenomenon in the sky that is commonly observed around the sun and moon when the light passes through a relatively uniform layer of similarly sized particles, namely water droplets, diffracting the light into what resembles the Airy ring pattern. Notice that the corona is actually just a superposition of all the different Airy ring patterns for each wavelength.
All about corona's here

So, one of my favorite things to do on the weekends is to check out estate and garage sales. You can get some pretty great things on the cheap; I don't buy things often though. The last thing I bought was a heavy duty metal and glass TV stand for 20 bucks about two years ago. Today, I bought an Orion SkyView 6" Pro EQ Telescope for less than a fifth of the retail value.

I was looking forward to trying it out tonight but the clouds rolled in prior to a forecasted storm over the next few days. I've been trying to get the hang of night/star photography for a while when the new moon aligns with my schedule but it's been a slow process. I've made plans to go out on the 18th of April to go back out and photograph the sky while putting the telescope to work - outside of my backyard. If the resolution is great and no further work is needed, I'll likely look into purchasing an eye-piece camera or a mount for one of my DSLRs.

It came with 4 color filters: Red, Blue, Green and Yellow. I can use the RGB filters in B&W to produce color photos. Not sure what to use Yellow for but maybe I can create some 4-color blends. It did need some work, and still does. One of the legs of the tripod come off if I pick the unit up wrong, there's rust everywhere, the secondary mirror is chipped significantly in places, and the primary mirror needs to be cleaned. I'll prioritize things after I use it. At first use, the chips don't affect the quality and neither does the dirt, but this was not when viewing a sharp image, not even one of the sky. The rust will be as simple as cleaning components and replacing screws, washers, and bolts with new ones. Check out the bottom parts of the tripod legs, there's some orange discoloration. The legs were stuck in the black parts in the middle of the extended leg; took some WD-40 and a screwdriver used as fulcrum to loosen them.

Hopefully I'll have photos to share by May! I won't have a telescope camera by then but I'll certainly try to get photos with my cell phone or my DSLR through the eye-pieces on April 18th.
This is a pretty nice shot I got with a handheld waterproof camera.

One of my dog with the family Olympus.

Top two are infrared photographs.

IMG_4708.jpg by Alex Glanville, on Flickr

IMG_4783.jpg by Alex Glanville, on Flickr

IMG_5355.jpg by Alex Glanville, on Flickr

IMG_3732.jpg by Alex Glanville, on Flickr
After I finished my paid gigs, the wedding and group portrait, I went back and edited some photos I took on my own time.

IMG_4921.jpg by Alex Glanville, on Flickr

I'd actually really like to get married here. It's the perfect size for a small, ~10 person wedding. Groom, Bride, Best Man, Maid of Honor, Officiant, then immediate family and close friends. It so was so gorgeous. Would want to go in Winter maybe, there's a lake behind me that fills up in the Winter and Fall; it is dead and dry at the moment Sad

Eyes by Alex Glanville, on Flickr (Infrared)
Nice! Is it just me, or is the first one a tiny bit crooked?
It's not centered, the gazebo is centered but the path at the bottom of the frame is just a little off. At the time I thought I was centered. I didn't take the time to make sure, as I didn't have my tripod and we were on a field-trip road trip along the San Andreas fault. Despite there just being two of us, we still wanted to make our timeline. Haha
Just got my new Nikon 35mm f/1.8 lens and been experimenting around some wide-aperture photography for the first time.

"Dawn of a New Day"

CharlesSprinkle wrote:
Just got my new Nikon 35mm f/1.8 lens and been experimenting around some wide-aperture photography for the first time.

"Dawn of a New Day"

+1

Infrared Engagment by Alex Glanville, on Flickr

Did some engagement photos over the weekend and I shot this infrared photo. If I could just somehow convince someone to let me do their entire wedding in IR, I think that'd be the best thing ever. I'm slowly learning what works and what doesn't in IR and I'm getting more and more comfortable with it as a result. Not the best photo but it wasn't taken to be a part of their actual shoot so I'm not overly concerned with the graffiti on the rocks.

Turns out I have a color version, so just for giggles:

Great Place, Terrible Rock by Alex Glanville, on Flickr

Great Place, Terrible Rock by Alex Glanville, on Flickr

In the infrared photo, the tree is lighter than the B&W copy of the color version.

As requested in IRC, I fixed it o/
That's incredible, at a glance you can't even tell!
What's the point of IR besides being needlessly obscure?
I've become obsessed with my new 35mm lens since I got it not even a month ago, so here's more cool shots I took recently

A cool trip to the aquarium

Couldn't resist the Finding Nemo shots...

That depth of field though...

I automatically gravitate toward any location with lots of string lights
The photo of the clown fish is adorable, I concur that string lights are amazing with a low aperture. Have you tried modifying the bokeh yet? It's more novelty than useful in my opinion.

I really need to invest in a dedicated wide angle lens one of these months.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 26 of 44
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours