» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
While on a scouting trip I quickly snapped a few (~350) pictures. I have ~100 more from my vacation in Washington but have yet to upload them to my laptop. All these pictures were taken using the 5-megapixel iSight camera on the iPod touch 5th gen.

I have a bunch more that I might upload some time.
comicIDIOT wrote:
Nope, I have one that is about 3.5x bigger than that. If you want to wait maybe a month I'll have a better one I hope that will contain more of the milky way; I'm disappointed at how little of our galaxy I captured. I just need to wait for the moon to either be a new moon or to set at a decent enough time in the night.
Great, I look forward to seeing that. I bet it will be quite impressive as a desktop background. Smile
Nice pictures Zelda, especially given the limitations of the iPod Touch camera. It is said "the best camera is the one you have with you."
Alright as I'm here in Alaska, I caught a few more fairly decent shots that I think I'll show off to you all.
This is the view from the lodge I'm staying at. Really nice view of the ocean. I used a Instagram edit on this one.

The coast at 6am as I take the boat out to the fishing area. Y.a.i.e. (yet another Instagram edit)

Anndd a picture when I was in Seattle a week and a half ago. Y.a.i.e.
Seattle is such a cool place.

Little Orphan Annie.jpg by AlexGlanville, on Flickr

Infrared photo of my cat!
comicIDIOT wrote:
Not a fan of the depth of field but I like the color and composition. Any similar photos with the blue flowers in focus?

PANORAMA3.jpg by AlexGlanville, on Flickr

Went to the top of Mount Hamilton again over the weekend, which is where I took the quoted picture above. Took photos as usual and got this really cool self portrait. Updated my profile picture to it on Facebook little over 24 hours ago and it raked in likes pretty fast. So, I figured I'd share else where.

It is taken in infrared and almost fully original. The original is pretty flat so I made it a bit more contrasty.

IMG_1574.jpg by AlexGlanville, on Flickr

Just for comparison, here's a side-by-side of an Infrared & Normal photo to show off how much more prominent the lens flare is for IR. Same exposure (shutter, aperture, ISO), same lens (8mm Fisheye) but different cameras (IR Converted T2i & Regular T1i). Time between shots is probably 3 minutes (I two tripods but they use different hot plates - the piece the screws to the camera bottom so you can remove and attach it fast - so I had to take them off and put one on so I could get the same photo with both cameras on one tripod)

Infrared v Normal (Lens Flare) by AlexGlanville, on Flickr

Here's a [failed] panorama I took of the sunset & Golden Gate bridge. I partly blame my pano-stitching software for only finding sets of five images that matched. So, I had to manually stitch 4 pieces of this together. But it's really my fault because I didn't take nearly enough photos to flesh out the ground Sad

It's about 40,000 pixels wide while only 30,000 pixels are represented on the canvas because that's how big the canvas can be (lame). Next time I take this, it won't be sunset but it might be sunrise; the distance between sunset and the bridge are almost 180 degrees (probably 160).

Sunset & Golden Gate Pano by AlexGlanville, on Flickr
Three new infrared photos for your viewing pleasure! The first one is around Half Moon Bay a day prior to the Mavericks competition. The other two are in San Francisco; Baker Beach & Sutro Baths respectively.

IMG_2430.jpg by AlexGlanville, on Flickr

IMG_2471.jpg by AlexGlanville, on Flickr

IMG_2490.jpg by AlexGlanville, on Flickr
What's the point of IR? Seems pointless.

Untitled by elfprince13, on Flickr

Phenomenal view of College Hill, in Providence, from the 11th floor of the ICERM building, which is at the bottom of the hill
I'm glad this thread has been revived. Here's a little experiment I did when I first got my SLR last year.

Unfortunately I'm in the picture, which sort of ruins it.
BLOOD MOON! Very Happy

Blood Moon by AlexGlanville, on Flickr

And of course, I snapped a selfie:

IMG_2657.jpg by AlexGlanville, on Flickr
A picture i took with my cell phone then ran through some filters.

comicIDIOT:
MORE BLOOD MOON! Razz

I got this shot with my 70-300mm telephoto lens set to max and then a few filters/effects in GIMP (Unsharp Mask, Curves).
Nice shot! You got a clear shot, I had to shoot through the clouds you see in that selfie Sad
Friend got a new haircut and wanted some photos. The last three are photographed in infrared. There's a few others but I'm holding back on those until I can edit those to my liking. The one color shot was easy but the others are a little bit trickier. I prefer infrared because of the contrast I can achieve. For instance, her jeans were severely faded (stylization choice?) but under IR the pattern is highly visible.

Smelling the Flower by AlexGlanville, on Flickr

High Key Infrared by AlexGlanville, on Flickr

Punk Shadows by AlexGlanville, on Flickr

Punk Rock by AlexGlanville, on Flickr
Just a heads up there are two meteor showers that peak this week. The 27th & 28th and the 28th and 29th. The moon will be suitable to catch these events! Due to time zone differences please look up the best time to view the meteors. It could be 1a Pacific which would be 4a Eastern. The Earth rotates and moves into the cloud of dust and particles so don't expect to go out at 10p and watch meteors, unless of course that's the local time it'll happen for you Smile

• The Delta Aquariids peak on 27th and 28th and can be seen from the constellation Aquarius.
  • We also have the Alpha Capricornids on the 28th and 29th which can be seen from the constellation Capricorn.

I might try and get pictures but I'll likely just head out with a telescope and look at the planets with friends. If I do get pictures I'll be sure to post them here! If you get any pictures feel free to share them here as well. Even if you took artistic photos of your friends like this one I did a few years ago!

Watching the Stars Fall~ by AlexGlanville, on Flickr
Neco-post! Went on a 200 mile drive with a buddy. Here's a phone photo a little bit before sunrise; woke up around 4a and left around 5:45 to get here. Spent the rest of the day driving along the coastal highway then finished it off at a friends new sports bar where we watched the Niners v Raiders game with a group of other friends.

Expect edited pictures throughout the week Smile
What's a drive? Is that what Californians call it when you ride a bus?
Two photos from the trip we took. More likely to come.

A few minutes prior to sunrise:

Infrared an hour or so later just down the road:

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 25 of 44
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours