take a look at the code for the dragon vehicle, it shows how to set up and start an animation.
K I have it spinning, it's just not spinning the right direction half the time(it alternates for some reason). I'm gonna try redoing the animation entirely to see if that fixes it.
DShiznit wrote:
K I have it spinning, it's just not spinning the right direction half the time(it alternates for some reason). I'm gonna try redoing the animation entirely to see if that fixes it.

Does it spin all the way around one way, and then back? That sounds like you didn't make it a cyclic animation (i.e., it thinks it has to rewind).
nope. it spins 180 degrees then reverses. At least the planet does. The clouds seem to do just fine.
It works, and I re-textured it to look more natural:

Now to throw in the moon...
that's freaking epic! mad props.
Is it like Feedbacks space map?
oh my no, this is just Earth(and the Moon once I throw it in.) and it's orbital only, there's no surfaces to land on. Also it rotates.
I'm still not completely satisfied with the lighting(you can see the lights on the ground even when lit by the sun, because the sunlight simply isn't bright enough to outshine them) but I suppose it'll have to work.
Very nicely done there, DShiznit; I'm looking forward to giving this map a play.
epicly agreed. This is another one I'd like to throw in core if you're so inclined.
Dshiznit; you may want to think about doing the invisible floor trick to unify this map with the rest of the space maps a bit. Can you fly down to the surface as it is?
The space maps never had invisible floors until you guys ruined them.

:<
How is that ruining them? If you want to build into the sky then so be it. I don't see how falling to oblivion is a good thing.
I think we should have a mix. Space maps without floors are better for dogfights.
You could always just... fly into the sky.
CyberPrime wrote:
How is that ruining them? If you want to build into the sky then so be it. I don't see how falling to oblivion is a good thing.

Speaking of falling forever indoor maps like KermCave should have something similar so that if you or an object gets outside of the room it doesn't fall forever.
CyberPrime wrote:
You could always just... fly into the sky.

when you're flying you either want a very visible floor or none at all Wink
Well, you have to assume people will be building on that floor. I still stand by my decisions as it's pretty cool. Perhaps people could release versions without floors (gasp)?
CyberPrime wrote:
Well, you have to assume people will be building on that floor. I still stand by my decisions as it's pretty cool. Perhaps people could release versions without floors (gasp)?

That's what I was saying Wink I actually really like the invisible floor as a concept, I'm just saying it's good if not ALL of our space maps have them.
There will be no invisible floor on this map, end of story. There will be two groups of 4 baseplates. The Earth has a geodesic collision mesh, so you can fire nukes at it, but it doesn't line up enough to really walk on it, except for the north pole. I still need to add the moon, and get a decent skybox. Anyone know an easy way to turn a spheremap into a skybox?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours