How much do you wanna see it complete?
I do
 71%  [ 5 ]
Not a chance
 28%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 7

got a huge game comming for the calculator sooner er later.... its Yugioh.... right now im entering in all the cards from the game.... and i mean ALL... Its fairly easy to update yourself and its 2 player, so you can play with your freinds
you can look foward to this program sumwhere in the next few months...

By Koware Technologies and freinds
Cool, got a beta link and/or screenies?
wait a minute... all of the cards? from every single set? from every single "special edition" pack... there is no way in hell...

i used to play that game... there is no way you can fit every card in the RAM on a 83+... heck, it would take most, if not all the ROM on an 84+SE! (1.5mb)
Laughing He probably just means the single original pack...
i dunno... he still has at least 100 cards to do... 100 cards, 50 letters a card, 5k mem down the drain for just the textual data on the cards... then theres the storage medium, etc... this is gonna be a huge game...
i figured he'd just put the name and vital specs, should take less than 50 letters per card - unless they have longass names Rolling Eyes
He would have to abbreviate the stuff in some way... Smile
Actually i found a way to shrink the program to be able to play 1 of every card... ive already gotten all # and A cards loaded in... its only 3 kbs sos all in all its gonna be sumwhere around10 Kbs max... or i might be able to shrink it more... hmm i wonder... anyways... the executable program itself is 5 kbs right now and wont get too much larger... however.... the downfall is that it wont recognize anything you do so youll have to update it yourself... play dan Kieto and youll have to manually increase your lp... i also need to update the graphics cuz the way its set up you can only hold a max of 7 cards before it would require you to overlap... (the lp and field is at the bottom of the screen...

By Koware Technologies and freinds
Ah, I see. So it's like an oncalc library of cards and a score-keeping program more than a full emulator?
yeah... basically... heres the details:
its like a regular game of yugioh... nothing is automatic... you have to manually set cards, activate cards, discard cards, draw cards.... all it does is allow u to play with cards you dont have... if i made it able to detect it would take more than the calculator has...
screen display of the games main view:
all on graph:
----------------
1) Pot of Greed
2) -------
3) Thous-Eyes Idol
4) -------
5) Metamorphasis
6) Spirit Caller
7) -------
8000 8000 'all of this is really small so im spacing it out
7 14 0 / / | / / / / /
X X / / / | / / / / /
--------------------
when you hit one of the F buttons(ei F1 - F5) it asks for monster or magic, then it selects another menu, attack, defend, activate, deactivate, destroy... the 7 represents 700 ATK... since its rare to see a monster above 9000 atk then there shouldnt be any probs... if the atk is 750, it will appear to be a 7 as well... however... there is the problem of deck searching... i could use some advice.... the card names are listed in prgmCARDS and the code looks sumthing like this:

If G=1:Then
"3-Hump Lacooda"-Str0:1-T:Return
End
and the deck is held in LDECK... but the origination for the deck comes from prgmDECK1 (ill make a program for your computer to make you the code for a deck...) now... to show the cards of the deck is going to be rediculous... itll have to show only so many cards at a time... so if anyones creative enough to make me some code for this opporation, im listening
Do you really need to display the card names? I mean, you could just display 2000ATK/1500DEF, which conveys all the information you really need and takes up a lot less mem. Also, will the game have creature types or will they all be typeless?
well.. its a lot more complicated than that but yeah... effects are listed as well... heres the code from prgmEFFECTS:

If G=1:Then
2-U:1-E:2-V:3-S
500-A:1500-D
"If there are 3 face-up '3-Hump Lacooda' cards on your side of the field, offer 2 of them as Tributes to draw 3 cards."-Str9
Return:End

0-21 U= represent types(including none and Magic/trap)
0-11 V=represents attributes
S=Stars
W=Effects(effect/fusion/ritual)
0-1 E=Effects
Okay. How are you going to program local (card specific) attributes? V is global, so when you play a new creature all creatures would have the same attribute as the that one, which would mess up attribute-specific effects (and the game) horribly.
heh... got that covered... btw i could use some help inputing all the creatures... so if anyone wants to help me with the program thats one of my first tasks... and to the last comment... the attributes are aquired one by one.... if you view the card, u view only one... and since its not automatic, theres no need for it right now... maybe later ill make it smaller AND more automated... but right now its just the basics... if you need to view the card, just type the F button coordinating with the cards placement, which side of the field, then which card you chose, monster or magic... then itll access prgmEFFECTS which has all the stats listed...

now... things to do for all those of you who want to get involved...
1) make a graveyard viewer
2) fix the bugs in the Deck viewer
3) input the rest of the cards
4) add life point checkers(in order to edit the lp)
5) insert calculator link function
6) add a few more options, such as discard from hand
7) fix up the rest of the bugs and get it prepped for beta
Cool send out beta edition
9) shrink and fix any found bugs
10) bring out final release
i found a really cool way of having it to where you can use any cards in the game with just a few presses of buttons and it only take up a small amount of data ^.^ by making a program that will customize the game for your needs... its registeres what deck your going to use and then programs it in ascii code so you can transfer it to your computer programmer thingy and send it to your calculator... ive already made it half way... it also makes this program a lot faster hehe...
i found a really cool way of having it to where you can use any cards in the game with just a few presses of buttons and it only take up a small amount of data ^.^ by making a program that will customize the game for your needs... its registeres what deck your going to use and then programs it in ascii code so you can transfer it to your computer programmer thingy and send it to your calculator... ive already made it half way... it also makes this program a lot faster hehe...
I notice in multiple code fragments above that you Return out of If/Then statements. This is a no-no! It will slow your program down as the OS allocates memory to track nenverending control structures.
well join in the fun Kem.... i need to process all of the data once its finished to make it faster and more reliable.... but till then im stuck... also... im looking for a calculator emulator cuz my calculator got stolen...

Next subject... no1s joined Koware Technologies and im wondering on reasons... just post em in here for whatever reasons may be bad or good...

no progress has been made on yugioh TI because of the loss of my calculator...
here is one idea, a link to the site. I may be dilusianal, but it makes sense
lol, yeah, a link would help

emulators are all around, buy you'll need a rom file (which will be hard to get without a calc Wink - unless you keep your eyes open and look around Laughing ) i like TiEmu and VTI - ticalc.org has em both

course, you could always use TI's graphlink program to continue development on your computer (not in an emulator - but it allows you to create/alter TI-BASIC files in an editor)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours