I don't mean a link to the .zip file, but a link to the HTML address for the file. I hardly visit ti-news.net, so there would be no point to put it there.

I'm sorry TI-Freak8x, but I only like to have my stuff at ticalc.org for the aforementioned reasons. It is the best TI site, so I see no reason in putting it on any other site. You could always just link to it instead.

So, I was wondering if anybody took a look at it yet? I was hoping to hear your opinions. I just want to mention that it is a reference and not a programming guide. It takes the TI-BASIC information in the manual and presents it in a more concise, compact form.
Well, I didn't want the zip file, I was going to put it in html, for easy reading.

And about ticalc, It isn't as great as it used to be. Your file will recieve a bunch of downloads until something else gets uploaded, then it will be forgotten. ticalc has just been filled with so much junk, it isn't funny. That is the main reason for TI-Freakware, to sift through the junk and place anything decent to best on the site.

So basically, it was a compliment, saying that your stuff is good. Smile

Anyways, I understand, I won't bother you about it anymore.
Will download, and may link to it.
Cool, I'd link if my archives weren't me-only. Smile
Quote:
Well, I didn't want the zip file, I was going to put it in html, for easy reading.

And about ticalc, It isn't as great as it used to be. Your file will recieve a bunch of downloads until something else gets uploaded, then it will be forgotten. ticalc has just been filled with so much junk, it isn't funny. That is the main reason for TI-Freakware, to sift through the junk and place anything decent to best on the site.
Everyone I have managed to talk to has given me the ok, and some have not replied, but they are older files, so I believe they are no longer in the community. And some no longer have valid email accounts.

Why do you think I asked you about posting the card thing on my site? I am not hays you know Mad
I never said you were Hays, I was just checking if you got the okay from the authors of those programs to post them on your site. It wasn't meant to be an insult, so please don't take it like that. Lots of TI sites have several programs that they just put on there, without even telling the author. I'm glad to hear that you at least talked to the authors.
Yeah, I've found several sites with my progs without permission, I'd rather they linked here or to ticalc.org so that they can get updates faster and I get credited the downloads. Thankfully TI-Freakware has always asked politely. Smile
I didn't take as an insult, just letting you know that I am doing things as legit as possible. I mean, who has a contact for Bill Nagel? I don't think he would care that mario is on anyones site anymore, specially after how he was treated...

But anyways, a scenario for you hart, since I am not sure you have read the TI-Freakware site updates topic...

Do you think it is wrong to post on a site a series of tutorials that no longer are on any site out there, that I thankfully printed so I myself could learn from them. If I can never get ahold of the guy, do you think it is wrong to post the lessons? (and yes, he is getting all the credit)
does bill nagel own billnagel.com I don't know much about him, but its a programmer with the same name and probably around the same age (not sure abou that one, but yea)

doesn't look like whoever it was has touched it in a couple on mothes though
Quote:
But anyways, a scenario for you hart, since I am not sure you have read the TI-Freakware site updates topic...

Do you think it is wrong to post on a site a series of tutorials that no longer are on any site out there, that I thankfully printed so I myself could learn from them. If I can never get ahold of the guy, do you think it is wrong to post the lessons? (and yes, he is getting all the credit)
So basically, you think I should just take TI-Freakware off line and be done with it, right? since it is violating all of this stuff...
Ti-fr took FreeCell and posted it on their site without asking me, even though it says in the readme for only my site ti-news, and ticalc, but since I know that they're a respectable site and they're not ripping anything, which is why I'm not going to make a big fuss about it.
Freecell? I don't remember posting any freecell games on my site... Confused

Edit: just checked, I have never uploaded that program to my archives...

The only thing that I can find that is yours, is the Pokemon 68k topic in my forums...

Can you post a link?
I think he meand TI-French or something like that.
Ti-fr, the french site, not yours. I don't mind links to those sites, just not the zip file itself.
lol, oop. I thought you were abreviating. Smile
TI-Freak8x wrote:
So basically, you think I should just take TI-Freakware off line and be done with it, right? since it is violating all of this stuff...
hm actually this means that I should take Omnimaga offline as well Confused , everyone put other ppl file on their site, I don't think its that bad if the file is hosted somewhere else than ticalc.org, ticalc.org is not necessarly the author's webpage anyway so it doesnt matter if the files are on another website or not. Actually as an example I put all good RPGs on my website so they can all be together and we dont have to browse the slow and huge BASIC archives at ticalc.org during one hour to find a good RPG. I didnt asked the authors first because I know everyone put other ppl files on their website as well (see the 280 website links on my link section and notice that most of them has similar files on it) so it doesnt matter anymore, if someone requests that I remove his file from my website, then I remove it, bu this never happened so far. If some tell me to nto put a file on my weebsite I will not put it. Example is Pokemon by MathStuf, which will not be included on Omnimaga because I want every files in my archives to be hosted on earthforge server, not anywhere else, and he told me he would prefer to put it on website that keep track of downloads stats, so since I dont have a download stat system on my website (it just show the amount of file info page views) and that I dont want to link to other website I'll respect the author and not put it in my archives.

that being said I dont really care about downloads stats I prefer to know ppl opinions and comments than how many time my file got downloaded. In other words everyone is free to put my files anywhere. General politics about files is more about keeping the zip file intact in my opinion

@hart its not that I dislike ticalc.org, but there are many thigns I dont like about them. First of all the archives are crap, 99% of BASIC games here and 20% of ASM games are junk and there are lot of non working stuff as well, iot takes forever to load the BASIC pages, days to find a good game, they miss lot of good programs that would deserve a feature, like Contra 83, there are lot of trolls in the comments page and the way the account system work sucks (if you want to change your email address your password is changed and you cant change it back).

</end of rant>

You should have more respect for TI freak8x, he put lot of effort on his website, as well as Kerm, who helped a lot in Tifreak8x website coding Smile
TI-Freak8x wrote:

Surprised Hardly! I for one meant no disrespect, sorry if it seemed that way.
hart wrote:
Quote:

I did read the topic for your site, so I know what you are talking about. I wouldn't call the TI-89/TI-92 Complete BASIC Guide by Grant Elliott lost. You evidently didn't go through the ticalc.org archives very thoroughly because it can be found there. In fact, here is the URL: http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/104/10423.html. So, I don't think you should post the tutorial on your site. It is already on the main TI site and that is probably the only site Grant wanted it to be on.

In reference to the site hosted by ticalc.org, even though Programmers Anonymous doesn't have the tutorial on their site, they have a link to it that goes to ticalc.org. That should tell you all you need to know about posting the tutorial on your site.
hmm actually I have to add something to that too: if he didnt found it its because there are way too many stuff on ticalc.org, making the archive hard to browse. There are several RPGs at Omnimaga that I though they werent at ticlc.org and a year later I found them, after searching forever. Also what comes to mind about copyright and putting files on other website without permission of the author is Kevtiva Interactive. Their site wont exist anymore, their program called Flash Gordon isnt even at ticalc.org or any other website. There is no more way to contact their author cuz they vanished in the void so I think its better to put the file at least on a website so ppl can download it again

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours