I would like to get a computer for school next semester, and I also have a small budget ($600).
I also would like to start programming again.

EDIT: I don't need it for gaming because I do have a ps3.[/code]
Here you go
A low energy and preferably "green" computer is always recommended.
Screw green, blue FTW!!!
I was also not planning to get it till May or June, because I have to get a car and apartment, and a tv for my PS3 before I can worry about a computer.
movallerik wrote:
I was also not planning to get it till May or June, because I have to get a car and apartment, and a tv for my PS3 before I can worry about a computer.

You have your priorities out of order Wink

Also, there cannot be two hooded assassins on this board - you have to go.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
movallerik wrote:

How supportive.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
movallerik wrote:

I agree. One is quite enough!
Fight to the death?
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!
movallerik wrote:

Then why bother asking us now? Ask us in May or June Rolling Eyes
Kllrnohj wrote:
movallerik wrote:

Then why bother asking us now? Ask us in May or June Rolling Eyes
It's called planning ahead - you should try it sometime
calc84maniac wrote:

When was the last time planning ahead ever worked when it came to buying technology, specifically computers? I'm gonna go with "never" - yup, "never" sounds about right. You plan ahead for a budget, not a specific product.

Unless you want to teach others to be retarded consumers like you apparently are. Hey, if you like pissing away money on old stuff that is your choice.
Kllrnohj wrote:
calc84maniac wrote:

When was the last time planning ahead ever worked when it came to buying technology, specifically computers? I'm gonna go with "never" - yup, "never" sounds about right. You plan ahead for a budget, not a specific product.

Unless you want to teach others to be retarded consumers like you apparently are. Hey, if you like pissing away money on old stuff that is your choice.
True, but if you plan ahead by selecting current technology that fits your budget and has the capabilities you want, you'll be more educated when you are ready to buy.
KermMartian wrote:
True, but if you plan ahead by selecting current technology that fits your budget and has the capabilities you want, you'll be more educated when you are ready to buy.

No you won't. You'll think you already have it figured out and not research as well as you should. Sound advice now often becomes horrible advice in 4 months.
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

No you won't. You'll think you already have it figured out and not research as well as you should. Sound advice now often becomes horrible advice in 4 months.

I totally agree. It's not really worth it to do any real research now.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours