Where to get money for repairs?
Sell your soul
 20%  [ 3 ]
Give up and live with the amish.
 40%  [ 6 ]
Shovel snow.
 6%  [ 1 ]
Forget about it till somehow you get money from events like birth days and garage sales
 33%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 15

its error code says that it is like a burnt chip or some thing I have no clue I just know its not fixable like as if it were the X-Clamp problem.

Well Neutral I have no warranty no money and now have no Xbox360

[my Sig says that was on 2 hrs ago thats because i can get my cousins Xbox working for 2 mins before its RROD kicks in]

No I will not get a ps3 I'm planing on getting a jasper chipped Xbox360 elite (the new december 2009 one) witch has a new arrangement for less brake downs)
</nomercy>

Never owned a console. Never felt the need.
Whats the error code that comes on the screen when you turn it on?
just look up xbox 360 repair on craigslist. There are guys that will fix it for $50.
One of my friends just had this problem. She wrapped it up in a blanket and left it on for about forty five minutes. It worked again.

Theory: The heat that isn't let out will remelt the solder joints and they have, I guess, a good chance to reconnect. A few of her friends did/recommended the same thing.

Though, try it at your own risk.
We've had this topic before; send it in to Microsoft and they will repair the RROD error for 3 years after your current warranty expires.

Also, let's not start spreading that damn towel trick again; it's a dangerous and stupid idea.

</thread>
swivelgames wrote:

nothing does it uses the sync + eject trick to make it flash the red rings in diffrent nummbers example 1224 4ers meaning 0

then I found the error code online for the actual error.

DShiznit wrote:
just look up xbox 360 repair on craigslist. There are guys that will fix it for $50.

the motherboard is fried and I whould rather have a new elite <3

wow out of the 4 vote options no one picked shoveling snow..
Shoveling snow would be a good plan too; I picked the fourth option. Allow me to edit your post for spelling and grammar:

Ted3681 wrote:
swivelgames wrote:

Nothing does. I used the sync + eject trick to make it flash the red rings in different numbers to get the code, for example 1224. Once I had the sequence, I looked it up online to translate it to an actual error.

DShiznit wrote:

The motherboard is fried, and I would rather have a new xBox 260 Elite. <3 Wow, out of the 4 vote options, no one picked shoveling snow..
DON'T buy a 360. You're just setting yourself up to get screwed.

http://consumerist.com/2009/08/xbox-360-failure-rate-is-542-percent-game-informer-finds.html

Most people I know are on at least their 3rd or 4th.
Both of mine work just fine now that I got the first one fixed for $50...

Also, one big advantage the 360 has over the PS3 is the load times. It can take several minutes to load a new instance on the PS3's 1x blu-ray drive...
elfprince13 wrote:

http://consumerist.com/2009/08/xbox-360-failure-rate-is-542-percent-game-informer-finds.html

Most people I know are on at least their 3<sup>rd</sup> or 4<sup>th</sup>.

Odd, I must be one of the lucky few then. I have had my console for about 2 years now, I bought the intercooler assembly to put on the back of it, and I don't allow it to run for more than 24 hours at a time, have not gotten a rrod yet. =]
Same here, except I didn't buy anything extra to cool it.
elfprince13 wrote:

lol must a quote my self?

Quote:
No I will not get a ps3 I'm planing on getting a jasper chipped Xbox360 elite (the new december 2009 one) witch has a new arrangement for less brake downs)
I say trash the 360 and get a PS3 they are much more reliable and have better games like Uncharted 2, MAG, God Of War 3, InFamous, Little Big Planet.
movallerik wrote:
I say trash the 360 and get a PS3 they are much more reliable and have better games like Uncharted 2, MAG, God Of War 3, InFamous, Little Big Planet.

*facepalm*

DShiznit wrote:
Both of mine work just fine now that I got the first one fixed for $50...

Also, one big advantage the 360 has over the PS3 is the load times. It can take several minutes to load a new instance on the PS3's 1x blu-ray drive...

Quote:

Why whould I rebuy all my games and wate one years live subscription?
That is your personal preferance I went with the PS3 because of the higher quality games that have been PS3 exclusives and with the built in blu-Ray. I'm also planning on putting in a 500 GB HDD when I can spare $150.
You obviously don't play online much.

In any case, I have a solution for everyone's "console wars" - just buy 'em all Very Happy

tifreak8x wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:

Odd, I must be one of the lucky few then. I have had my console for about 2 years now, I bought the intercooler assembly to put on the back of it, and I don't allow it to run for more than 24 hours at a time, have not gotten a rrod yet. =]

Psst...the intercooler accessory doesn't actually help Very Happy
elfprince13 wrote:

54.2% of a survey of 5,000 GAME INFORMER readers - hardly a conclusive study.

movallerik wrote:
That is your personal preferance I went with the PS3 because of the higher quality games that have been PS3 exclusives and with the built in blu-Ray. I'm also planning on putting in a 500 GB HDD when I can spare $150.

Higher quality exclusives on the PS3? Such as? I've got a PS3 and a 360, and as far as games go its 360 >>>> PS3 - no contest. PS3 sucks to play games on.
General forum protip: giant image macros are not necessary to strengthen your point. Well-phrased, grammatically-correct, and proofread posts are far more valuable for that
Speak of the Devil and he shall appear. My brother's Xbox just stopped reading discs, so of course he swapped it out with mine behind my back. Now I have to wait for it to get fixed again...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours