I thought you guys were going to release a linux version too
I can help you with packaging and installing if you need it
It's an issue of getting all the library dependencies and build flags correct. This is especially tricky for me since i'm building on a 64 bit Linux platform and targeting a 32 bit one.
just target 64-bit, I am most likely th only person waiting for a linux buil and I run 64-bit.
elfprince13 wrote:
This is especially tricky for me since i'm building on a 64 bit Linux platform and targeting a 32 bit one.

Easy solution: use a 32-bit chroot to build for 32-bit, and your native x64 to build 64-bit.
The Tari wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
This is especially tricky for me since i'm building on a 64 bit Linux platform and targeting a 32 bit one.

Easy solution: use a 32-bit chroot to build for 32-bit, and your native x64 to build 64-bit.

nice idea. Though I'm fairly sure TGE won't build under 64 bit. We'll see I guess.
Schrödinger wrote:
just target 64-bit, I am most likely th only person waiting for a linux buil and I run 64-bit.
A 64-bit linux build would be useful for me too. I wonder if my netbook would be able to run Freebuild at any decent framerate?
I dev on linux, and I assure you WINE has it's downsides. You're not the only one pushing for a linux build.
I'm waiting for the linux version also, mainly cuz I have two comps that I'd like to setup as dedicated servers and I'd rather not go through the hassle of installing Windows on them. Not to mention both my Desktop and my Laptop dual boot linux.

EDIT: Also CyberPrime your distribution should have LDraw and LeoCad packages, which would make Wine unneeded.
I just upgraded to Karmic Koala, and am in the process of installing a 32bit development chroot.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours