I have brought a good problem to you all. I just a few days we have made significant progress. I have designed a simple test to bring us to closure on this issue.

I would like to suggest the following plan of action.

Take the test code and SHOWSTUF and get them on your 84's then test, and program for yourselves until you get OVER1 to hold {1,5,7}
My post did just that except with 0s all you have to do is replace it with a 3.
Lafferjm,

This test program is supposed to just remove the 3 from the list. In the real application the final code may remove as many as 15 J values in a single pass. That is the reason for this "For(J,1,Dim(Over1". The problem is in the last line of the code. When the For(J command is running the last statement presently"⌊OVER1*(⌊OVER1≠J)→⌊OVER1" will find the values that meet the criterion in this statement If JONL1(J)=O and JONL5(J)=0 progressively removing multiple J values from OVER1.

I reemphases this statement"⌊OVER1*(⌊OVER1≠J)→⌊OVER1" is not working.
Not clear? fire away.
Did you run prgmBENCH from my last post? It clearly shows that it absolutely does work. Maybe you typed it in wrong?
Weregoose my friend, you and lafferjm had the same misunderstanding.

I suggest that you reread me post to lafferjm.

In summary we are not just trying to remove J=3 from OVER1, we need code to remove, for example, J=3 & J=5 & J=7 . That is the reason for this code.

For(J,1,Dim(OVER1

My little test program just proves that the non "0" values in OVER1{1,3,5,7) are not changed by the test program.

I humbly plead with both of you to

1. Load up my test program in your 84

2. Find a solution that produces OVER1{1,5,7}

Instead of using all that code in SHOWSTUF

I suggest

Clearhome
Output(1,1,OVER1
Output(4,5,J
Pause
Clearhome

I pray that will find this problem invigorating. As a retired electrical engineer, I decided when working on a problem, to never, never, ever, give up. I will do so. I hope you two will do so!
I have made some modifications to my test program. You can see that I changed If J=3 to If J=3 or J=5. I have also integrated the shortened version of SHOWSTUF into the program. You may also note that I have used While statements to put comments in the code so that they do not need to be removed prior to running the program.

{1,0,3,0,5,0,7,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0}→⌊OVER1
SortD(⌊OVER1
sum((⌊OVER1≠0)→dim(⌊OVER1
SortA(⌊OVER1
ClrHome
Output(1,1,⌊OVER1
Pause
ClrHome
For(J,1,dim(⌊OVER1:While 0:this value is 4,right?:End
If J=3 or J=5
⌊OVER1*(⌊OVER1≠J)→⌊OVER1:While 0:This is not working:End
End
ClrHome
Output(1,1,⌊OVER1
Pause
ClrHome
While 0:This should result with OVER1{1,7}:End

My test results show OVER1 holds{1,0,5,7}

I cannot explain the test results. If I have made a mistake in this new test program, please advise. I could even deal with {1,0,0,7} if you knew how to do it.
This is how I would do it

Code:
:{1,0,3,0,5,0,7,0}--L1 (this is the equivalent of your LOVER1)
:{0,3,5}-->L2 (all numbers that you want to remove)

:For(J,1,dim(L2
:If sum((L1=L2(J)):Then
:L1-L2(J-->L1
:abs(L1-->L3
:SortD(L3, L1
:sum(L1!=0-->dim(L1
:SortA(L1
:L1+L2(J-->L1
:End:End

This code will remove all of the 0's, 3's and 5's from L1, returning L1 as just {1,7}

Is this what you needed?
My friend please remember this is just a test program to check the validity of the code.We have the code to remove the "0s" from OVER1.

Please understand that you cannot decide which J values are to be removed. This code does that.

If JONL1(J)=0 and JONL5(J)=0

This code is saying either take this J value out of OVER1 resulting in {1,7) or insert "0s" which would result in {1,0,0,7}

But that is only because this "If J=3 or J=5" in the test code. In the actual operation of the program that If statement will select J values based on the actual ability, of the child, to correctly respond to a particular flash card.Wink
I have been working all day on our problem.

I am very very certain that this is not removing anything from OVER1

⌊OVER1*(⌊OVER1≠J)→⌊OVER1

I have made some suggestions without your response.

Does anyone have a way to get us out of this mess?

I will try anything.
john massey wrote:
I am very very certain that this is not removing anything from OVER1

⌊OVER1*(⌊OVER1≠J)→⌊OVER1
And again I say to you, it reduces to zero any numbers in the list that equal J. You must then use a separate routine to strip out that zero from the list. These routines have been provided.
I ran the code today. Prior to the first pass of the For(J loop OVER1 held {1,3,5,7}

After the first pass of the For(J loop OVER1 held {1,3,5,7}

After the second pass of the For(J loop OVER1 held {1,3,5,7}

I want OVER1 to hold {1,7} when the program is finished

If it is easier to insert a "0" than removing a number I have no additional work to do to accommodate OVER1 which holds {1,0,0,7}

I emphasize, this is test data. I have inserted a little program that tells me what OVER1 holds, when ever and where ever I choose to know it.

I have not been able to successfully send zipped code that anyone can unzip. If I could figure that out, I could could send you three *.8xp files. Short of that, we need to decide how to resolve our conflict. Do you have argument with my ability to record and report what I see Wink
If you upload and save your programs in SourceCoder 2.0, then select each one and click Permission Selected, you can allow "Anyone" to view the programs; save, post the link here, and we can all view the code. Even better, if you link it to here, the SourceCoder bot can post any edits to this topic automatically.
They can only View, not run, Correct?
john massey wrote:
They can only View, not run, Correct?

Correct... SourceCoder will not run TIBASIC code. However, we'll still be able to send your code to an emulator or our calculators and run it there.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours