rivereye wrote:
1: I am not uprading my OS, I hated 2.3

I can't tell the difference to tell you the truth, what does the OS change really effect? I know its sometimes asm programes can get messed up, but everything i'm using seems to work correctly
2.2 has faster graphing over 2.3, or something like that
Playing with my new TI-84+SE between yesterday and today, I found that graphing with it under 2.30 in XRes=2 is about equal to graphing with XRes=1 on a TI-83+SE running 1.7.
yeah, and I need fast graphing for class, plus some games are easier with faster graphing.
Very true. For example, my Analog Clock v2.0 84 Edition graphs the background, faster graphing would help immensly.
how does one go about finding an old OS? Google search came up empty
An old 84 OS? You just have to find someone who has it saved. Sad
I can get you 2.22 or 2.21, just tell me which you wouldlike, and your email in a PM, and I will try and get it to you ASAP
Did you guys see the person on TICalc.org who interfaced a USB Pendrive to his calc?

Quote:
Try $3.20 for regular. Sad Damn you Hurricane Katrina! (Heh, I filled up yesterday when it was $2.63.)

You all don't even want to know what the prices are over here...
our bio techer calc'd it out, and the gas companies only pay about $2.30 per galleon. the rest is all profits (that does include refininig the oil to gas)
I heard that the stations are only making a few cents per gallon.
on CNBC This morning (watch mad money, that show is crazy good) along with the normal price of crude oil, they had the price of gasoline (i'm guessing how much the bulk sale price is on average) and it was something like 2.20 ish a gallon down 5 cents from yesterday

Edit you do have to remeber though, around cities the quality of regular gas has to be higher then in rural areas, which means more refining time which means more expensive
I know, things are crazy though.
mike wrote:
on CNBC This morning (watch mad money, that show is crazy good) along with the normal price of crude oil, they had the price of gasoline (i'm guessing how much the bulk sale price is on average) and it was something like 2.20 ish a gallon down 5 cents from yesterday

Edit you do have to remeber though, around cities the quality of regular gas has to be higher then in rural areas, which means more refining time which means more expensive

Surprised Really? Why is that?
The government decided that because there are so many people in a small area the gas has to burn cleaner so it doesn't get polluted. I guess they don't want evey city to turn into LA with their crazy smog. Fear not though, because suberbs have to pay it too (i think quality slowly decreases as you get further from the city, probably by like every 10 miles). I'll look that part up
That kinda sorta makes sense...although wouldn't cleaner fuel everywhere make more sense? Confused
theres a family friend (my parents friends in college) who's a chemical engineer at a oil refinery somewhere and supposidy the raise in quality doesn't really help pollution, it just makes it look like it does. Gas will basicly always make pollution
Ok, fair enough. So let's get back on topic now... Smile
rivereye wrote:
I heard that the stations are only making a few cents per gallon.

meh, i was talking about the oil companies (the ones doing the refining)

and i doubt they have to change the quality depending on if its rural area or not, as that doesn't make any a sense. it'd either be for that particular city, or the whole state, or the whole country.....i could be wrong, but that just doesn't sound right at all
In Chicago (i used to live there), during the summer, they put in an additive to the fuel so every gallon burnt made less pollution, but we found the fuel millage drop.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 5 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours