Oh, it's definitely going to be available as a module to plug into the linkport, we'll see what else happens. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Are you kidding? Doors CS will make all other shells obsolete! Smile

only if it gets MOS support Wink

@rivereye, i'm assuming Kerm meant TI would incorporate it into a future OS version, not as a hardware solution (along with maybe a USB modem or something)
I think so, being the only calcs with two hardware version are the 89 and the 92
Actually, I did mean a hardware module to allow inherint CALCnet2 support. Although it's relatively more realistic to hope they'll preinstall DCS6 on new calcs.
calcNet2's a protocol tho, what extra hardware would be needed? 84's already got built in USB, just needs a windows/linux driver for the interface....

eh, oh well, its never gonna happen anyway Wink (doubtful on the preloading-DCS too Laughing )
I bet it took a lot to get PuzzPack preloaded.
PuzzPack vs. Calc-Internet and/or Replacement Shell...

hmm....doesn't look like a tough choice for TI

i mean seroiusly, when they start bundling a REPLACEMENT SHELL with the calc, thats like admitting the built-in OS sucks a (not saying it does or anything, its great for its intended use, but still)
yeah, but Puzzpack is games, which they shouldn't endorse, being they are education, oh well.
ah... they endorse the games in order to increase sales. it makes them appear cooler... like they're on the kids side as much as the teachers...
plus, they seem semi educational.
alex10819 wrote:
ah... they endorse the games in order to increase sales. it makes them appear cooler... like they're on the kids side as much as the teachers...

but then they release that hub that allows teachers to monitor what every kid is doing, lol

they are cleverly playing both sides of the war.... Laughing
games=students
hub=teacher, but not all teachers have a hub, so it wouldn't work too well.
Yeah, but if they preload DCS6, they would have something even more powerful than the TI-Navigator, instead of 16 calcs, up to 254!! calcs can connect into a global conglomeration of calculators. Now how much cooler is that?? Laughing
but then they can't charge $16,000 (or whatever ungodly large amount) per hub, lol Razz
I think it is ridiculas, but they charge a lot for the fancy calcs with the viewscreen port on them
Quite true. I just bought a TI-84+SE for $105, so I usb8x support is almost guaranteed.
yeah, I was just thinking, what is dif in 2.22 and 2.3 is the stuff with Usb8x support?
I don't know the difference in the OS's, but i would recommend using the silver link when updating it instead of the USB port, froze it 4 times using usb and then used my silver link and it updated like butter
ok, frew things,
1: I am not uprading my OS, I hated 2.3
2: Last Time I used Direct USB, I had to track down a person with an 84+ to get 2.21, and when I went to 2.22 again with SilverLink, it was fine. I don't ecen think about using my Direct USB anymore.
i use direct USB just fiine in windows..... never really had a prob with it

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours