They should be sent an email. That, and they should give more details to what they do when they change their OSes
True, true. But TI has historically not cared much about the community. Sad
Kevin Kofler already looked at the OS code and found all the new features. There are isArchiv, isLocked, isVar, impDiff() (implicit differentiation), DelType, plus a few others...conversions of log bases and root(4,3) (cube root of 4). This also makes BASIC programs that use these incompatable from AMS 3.10 to all the others...*sigh*
Hmm, those ROMcalls are pretty useful, but some are easily done (eg isArced can be deduced from b after ChkFindSym, =0 is RAM, otherwise ROM).
These are BASIC commands. It makes a BASIC shell possible...if only there was a way to get a listing of programs from a folder...
wait, are these 89 commands or 83+
89...sorry, but you can't make a BASIC version of DoorsOS (as if you could anyway Smile )
oh well. I was confused. Do you know a good place to get an 89 HW2?
Implicit diff?!?!?! Surprised Surprised Surprised

Oh, those are 89, not z80, nevermind. Sad Crying
Why just a regular 89? Why not an 89Ti? You can't play as many games (GhostBuster fixes that though...as well as the HW3Patch) but you can certainly store more. I have 30+ games/programs on it currently and I still have over 881000 bytes of ROM left along with 125000 bytes of RAM with my 89Ti.
Yeah, but if I get an 89, my classmates would want to kill me. they rely on my programs to help them out.

Edit: the titanium costs more, and I really don't need the extra mem.
Nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah....I've already got a HW2 TI-89 Smile
Costs more? Confused When I bought mine, it was only $10+ than the reg 89...and that's when it was new. You don't have to get rid of your 83+...i still have my 83+SE (even though I haven't updated anything since Omnicalc 1.1 Rolling Eyes )

Woohoo...finally an advanced newbie! Razz
Yeah! Nicely done!
I've found tha with multiple calcs, I tend to focus on one for a few weeks, then switch to another, etc.
All I've done with the 83+SE since the release of Omnicalc 1.1 was do some math when i was too lazy to run and get my 89...
Laughing I hear ya...89s do tend to pwn, especially in the 3d-grayscale FPs area. Cool
so I've seen. I will keep my 84+SE, but the 89 will be used mostly, and the entire school uses 83+ sereis, mostly anyways. Those with 89s now what the are doing.
Only the ub3r 1337 have 89s. Smile
Well, I want one, but with gas at $2.99 a gallon, I don't know if I can swing one.
rivereye wrote:
Well, I want one, but with gas at $2.99 a gallon, I don't know if I can swing one.

Try $3.20 for regular. Sad a you Hurricane Katrina! (Heh, I filled up yesterday when it was $2.63.)

Is AP Calc AB survivable with TI-84+ SE , or do I need something more 1337 ( TI-89 )?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours