Kllrnohj wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
So a company in the US that gains money via capitalistic processes that then gives money to politicians to further benefit their [businesses] ideals and profit margins shows no connection between capitalism and politics?

Correct. Capitalism may be the source of the money, but that has no bearing on how the money is spent or what the money is spent on. Politics isn't capitalism in any way. If you think it is, go look up what capitalism actually is, please.

But if you make money a particular way, you're going to want to protect that way of making money from people whose political views threaten it.
Kllrnohj wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
So a company in the US that gains money via capitalistic processes that then gives money to politicians to further benefit their [businesses] ideals and profit margins shows no connection between capitalism and politics?

Correct. Capitalism may be the source of the money, but that has no bearing on how the money is spent or what the money is spent on. Politics isn't capitalism in any way. If you think it is, go look up what capitalism actually is, please.

So if that money is spent to gain more money, or capital, it isn't capitalism?

Kllrnohj wrote:
Quote:
Reading comprehension fail; I'm the one who first used the term "capitalism" in this thread.

Yeah, that isn't a reading comprehension fail at all. You want a cookie for being first or something?

I want a whole f'ing BATCH of cookies (I like them with chocolate chips and sprinkles on top Wink)
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
I want a whole f'ing BATCH of cookies (I like them with chocolate chips and sprinkles on top Wink)

This
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:

Correct: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitalism

And the English language doesn't work the way you want it to.
Kllrnohj wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:

Correct: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitalism

And the English language doesn't work the way you want it to.

But it does.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours