Thanks guys, I shall definitely try to do so.
tifreak8x wrote:

I said it once, and I meant it for until this is done, I will do anything I can do to help, even if I have to start doing some of it myself, being maps or whatever, I will do it, I just need the word and the files. Smile Very Happy
Sonlen wrote:
tifreak8x wrote:

I said it once, and I meant it for until this is done, I will do anything I can do to help, even if I have to start doing some of it myself, being maps or whatever, I will do it, I just need the word and the files. Smile Very Happy
What about those trainer sprites? They aren't getting any younger. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Sonlen wrote:
tifreak8x wrote:

What about those trainer sprites? They aren't getting any younger. Smile

I am still waiting to find out what sprites he is going to use officially, as I can get OW sprites at the size needed really quick, directly off of a Blue or Red rom.
What about resizing the 64x64 ones into 32x32? I thought that that was the solution that we were going with...?
KermMartian wrote:
What about resizing the 64x64 ones into 32x32? I thought that that was the solution that we were going with...?

I was saying that the 16x16 Overworld would fit much better, and are much easier to fix up.
I am giving serious contemplations to using the overworld 16x16 sprites, since they are already at that size, I just have to use sprite2hex to remake them and life would be good.
tifreak8x wrote:
I am giving serious contemplations to using the overworld 16x16 sprites, since they are already at that size, I just have to use sprite2hex to remake them and life would be good.

Well if you don't have all of what you need, I can get those directly from the game as I said before, just give the word, and I will do it.
a 16x16 sprite sheet would be handy. Regardless of what you could rip from the game, it would be easiest on a sprite sheet so I could just use my program to make those sprites. Since I am on dialup right now, kind of difficult for me to do so. I had been just ripping sprites from the game as I came across them, was easiest for me lol.
tifreak8x wrote:
a 16x16 sprite sheet would be handy. Regardless of what you could rip from the game, it would be easiest on a sprite sheet so I could just use my program to make those sprites. Since I am on dialup right now, kind of difficult for me to do so. I had been just ripping sprites from the game as I came across them, was easiest for me 0x5.

I can get them all easy, and store them all to 1 sprite sheet if that is what you want. Very Happy
That would work, if you had time to deal with that. Not a huge rush as I know you have projects of your own to deal with.
tifreak8x wrote:
That would work, if you had time to deal with that. Not a huge rush as I know you have projects of your own to deal with.

This is a quick and easy thing to do, I will get on it soon actually.
Sonlen wrote:
tifreak8x wrote:

This is a quick and easy thing to do, I will get on it soon actually.
Excellent, I look forward to seeing what you find (and how they compare with the sprites that we were making earlier in this thread).
I am going to get the first frame of every one of the NPC overworld sprites, post those unedited, then convert those to B&W and post those too.
I will have to look for which each is, and I will have a list that will tell you which is which, but sprites first so you can start converting them.

Here are the unedited ones. Very Happy

And here are the final, edited ones. Very Happy Very Happy

The image is showing gray because of the scaling, but it is all 100% B&W.
Hey, those are awesome! I think you and Dan should definitely go with those; it'll save everyone a ton of time, and since they're 16x16, that'll give Dan a lot more flexibility in how he can decide to lay out his interfaces.
KermMartian wrote:
Hey, those are awesome! I think you and Dan should definitely go with those; it'll save everyone a ton of time, and since they're 16x16, that'll give Dan a lot more flexibility in how he can decide to lay out his interfaces.

Woooo, I agree, though in all honesty, that took about 10 minutes to get from the first image to the second. Razz
Sonlen wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Woooo, I agree, though in all honesty, that took about 10 minutes to get from the first image to the second. Razz
How's is that possible? Haven't you ever heard of a flood-fill? Razz
KermMartian wrote:
Sonlen wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

How's is that possible? Haven't you ever heard of a flood-fill? Razz

There is only so much you can do with that, in fact, I used it for the green, but I went to pixel editing for some of those trying to preserve some details.
Are you saying that some of them were grayscale to begin with? It's a bit hard to tell from that image.
KermMartian wrote:
Are you saying that some of them were grayscale to begin with? It's a bit hard to tell from that image.

They all were, but some had a lot of solid areas of a color of gray, which I had to edit a bit for outlines and details.

Page 23 of 25
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours