Thanks elfprince, kind of you to say.

Currently, when I set it to 'play' I have over 12k of RAM available to mess with. I have a few sub programs that are left over when entering the game engine that I need to see about what they are and where they are called so they get properly cleaned up. But otherwise, yes, looking for ways to minimize this foot print at all costs XD
I have done some cleaning of the text display program, changing variables from normal variables finance vars. I am considering moving the text string to another string variable, but sadly I am almost out of them, so yeah, working out that issue right now.
how did you go about text display?
mine currently just cuts the string into 23 character chunks, so if i dont compensate by adding spaces in the strings it cuts off in the middle of words
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/409/40966.html

I created this based off of something xlibman/DJ_omnimaga did way back when.
so you use backslashes to distinguish breaks? bon idea
yeah, / to do line breaks, + to pause, * for end of string, return to calling program.
Well, got around the problems that I had discussed before. I have a couple strings that are only used once in a while, so I dumped the text off into that and backed up the location of the string into another spare finance var. oh, and I switched the entire text display, save for position of text on the screen, into using finance variables for keeping track of things.

I have also thought about going in and writing in a routine that edits the map before it is displayed, pending on if events or pokeballs have been checked and such. This might slow map displaying down some, from the initial displaying, not the rendering or the moving around part. Is this worth it to everyone else? This way I wouldn't have extra characters or items on the screen when they are used or certain events were taken care of. Would actually be VERY easy to make, once I feel I get the pokemon to where you can get them, of course. This still holds top priority.

Also, been writing this code up to get all three pokemon, and I believe I have it written out. however, there is a lot of 'redundant code' that is the exact same between all three. So what I am thinking about doing is rewriting it to have the bulk of the same code and the conditionals to make changes to what is needed. Just not sure if it will be smaller or not. One could only hope so, but I won't know until I actually write it all out.. so yeah, here goes!
http://tifreakware.net/tifreak8x/pokemon/ss/001.jpg

warning, large picture is large.

This is the code I am using for you to get ALL 3 STARTER POKEMON. =D

What do you think?
You on a roll man.
trying to be at any rate XD

writing up this code for temp -> correct list so once the equations are made it knows were to put the bloody list. I have decided for 1 of the instances, I will have to use celtic2 to generate a temp program and code to loop through to check for available list slots.

Oh man, I just realized I will also need to figure out a way to properly populate each line in the boxes for pokemon storage in the PC. jooooy *goes back to thinking*
Not being a Pokemon player myself, I'm assuming you mean a PC in the game, right? You're not coming up with some calc-PC paired program?
In the Pokemon games, Pokemon you cannot carry with you are stored in a "Box" on a "PC" which you can access at any Pokemon Center.
Dshiznit is correct.

You are allowed to carry 6 pokemon at any given time. In order to receive pokemon from NPCs, most of the time you have to have a slot open. If you catch wild pokemon and you already have 6 with you, that other is transfered to a PC in the game for storage.

I have decided that to save time and complex lookups and such, I am going to have a list on top of the box itself. The box will store the actual list/stat data for the pokemon, while the list will just let the calc know which pokemon is at which slot. If memory serves, you could only have 20 slots per box, but I don't really remember.

In the original, it really became inconvenient when you were out and a box was full, you would have to go back and move to another box before going on again to catch more. I think I am going to try to improvise the newer setups that would allow you to go on to the next box without any trouble. Shouldn't be too hard if I am using a list as a lookup table. ^^;
This hasn't died, even if it has been a week since I have done anything with it. I have been slowly working on the code for the game to know what to do with pokemon, until this morning when I realized that I have a problem on my hands.

Since I am using 6 appvar programs to store the pokemon into when they are in the 'PC', and 6 lists to keep track of which pokemon is in which slot, I have realized that if one were to start a new game, those pokemon would still be in there 'PC' and could be gotten after.

To fix this problem, I have decided that once a person starts a new game, it will ask to see if the user REALLY wants to do that, because it will delete all the data within those programs and lists and such. This is the only sure way I have to be able to not have this problem.

So yeah, thar we go. XD

Also, have been distracted by SoulSilver version. <<
And you said you weren't buying the new versions Razz

Wanna battle my pokemans?
soulsilver is amazing so far(although the walker thing is kind of stupid)

i cant wait until i can finally name my lugia snotrocket =D
shmibs wrote:
(although the walker thing is kind of stupid)

THIS.
You can't even shake the thing to get mass steps like you could with the Pokemon Pikachu devices Bad Idea
I haven't used the thing yet.

And sadly my DS needs repairs, so I can't really play until the part gets here for me to fix it. Stupid top screen <<;
inb4 one of you nerds builds a simple robot to auto-step your walker

Page 3 of 25
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours