Galandros wrote:
Is that easy? Apache then PHP. I took a few hours of searching tutorials until found xampp, installed and some more time to discover the htdocs thing... Razz
My error was I tried to install PHP without having Apache installed first.

The tutorials available didn't help me much, I don't know why.

I have had successes and failures getting *AMP stacks up and running for various projects. I have not found much useful help online either.
Ive never had any problems i just download the installer, start the services and im good to go.
lafferjm wrote:
Ive never had any problems i just download the installer, start the services and im good to go.
Same here, but I'm always running under ubuntu.

sudo apt-get install apache2 &&
sudo apt-get install php5-mysql &&
sudo apt-get install libapache2-mod-php5 &&
sudo apt-get install mysql-server
For windows there are also other preconfigured stacks like WAMP, and WOS to name a few. Both of those I have used and they are pretty good. WOS even allows you to download a version with preinstalled software where you can select which software you want in a web based form.
What tutorials and references you advice for .htaccess and robots.txt?

They seem handy...

LATE EDIT:
What is better coding practise in PHP:
Use $_SESSION['var'] right away multiple times (if you don't need to change the value) or stores to a common var and use from there?

Is there any trade off between memory use and speed?
Galandros wrote:
What tutorials and references you advice for .htaccess and robots.txt?

They seem handy...

LATE EDIT:
What is better coding practise in PHP:
Use $_SESSION['var'] right away multiple times (if you don't need to change the value) or stores to a common var and use from there?

Is there any trade off between memory use and speed?

bump...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours