I would like to try to create a gui for programming that allows you to see every command and to have them sorted by graphics, loops, condition, and more. I will also add a function for allowing you to place exactly where your text or point will go. Then allow you to see your code so far and add or remove lines of code. The only problem is that I don't know where to find an asm code that will allow me to create programs, and edit them. If someone could help please it would be appreciated. (I have seen an asm utility that was called celtic but it said it crashes, if someone could confirm this, it would help).
So you're basically trying to recreate the program-making aspect of the TI-OS in a program but with a WYSIWYG draw->code tool for creating graph screen stuff?

Pardon my bluntness... but why?

As for Celtic, it's Celtic III that has potential stability issues because it's still in development but it's still fairly stable enough to use. If you want something more stable, just use Celtic II but I don't know if it has the functions you need. I'm not a Celtic user so I don't really know. Most of my dabbling is in xLIB.
well my reason for making this was because most of my friends at school have trouble remembering the commands for ti basic, so if I made this it would prompt for the arguments it needs for that condition. Also the reason for wanting to use celtic is that I have tried different coding helping softwares, and most of them it just posts the code into a string. Personally if I were a new programmer I would not like having to name my new program, I'd rather have it create the program for me, so no fiddling with strings, especcialy if the program is a text based program. did I answer what you were asking me? got sidetracked Laughing
There's an application called Catalog Help which will give you the arguments at the press of a button for whatever command is highlighted.

Not really sure what you meant with "would not like having to name my new program".
yes I know of catalog help, but my friends don't and my friends won't accept it, most use a ti 83+ which doesn't have much archive. So they don't want to "waste" archive on an app... they would rather use it for games. As for the naming the program part, what I meant was I would rather have it where you enter the name in the gui, rather than go the the program manager and enter it there. Then after you make it you would have to press (second) rcl then go to the string it mentioned then have to delete the quotes, it gets annoying sometimes. Hope that answered anything Very Happy
I see. Why not just steal their calculators and transfer Catalog Help over anyway? Very Happy

Barring that, I can see what you're getting at and what you want. This project will be quite the endeavor on your part. Celtic and ASM stuffs are way beyond me so you'll have to wait for somebody else to come post and help or something.

You know, I could have sworn somebody already made something like this.... but I can't remember quite well enough.
well truthfully, I saw a basic program that looked like this, but i have not tried it yet. It showed certain basic functions like clrdraw and others, but i didn't know what it did exactly. If you want the link its on this website "http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&path=/83plus/basic/programs/TEMPIDE.zip". I just saw it and was like "hey, i could maybe make this" then i came here. oh and also Xllib is an asm app.
Oh yeah, what was that IDE that Zaphod Beeblebrox was working on? I haven't seen him on here in a long time, someone should ping him and see what the status of that project was.
by the way, what does IDE mean? plus I want to know where i can post my code without everyone having it, except people I want to have it...encryption maybe?
Integrated development enviroment==IDE
you could give it to people on irc or something
which ones IRC and how would I do that?
If you have the stuff to ask other people for answers to these primitive questions, it's not very indicative of the requisite level of willpower to learn the commands and behaviors of a language. You seem months away from an understanding as to what this is really about. How about we see you then?
Don't be a jerk, Weregoose. It's attitudes like that that discourage others from getting into programming. It doesn't matter what sort of "aptitude" or "ability" a programmer has. All that matters is that he has an idea and a desire to bring said idea to fruition. Everybody starts somewhere and everybody has at one point decided to bite off more than they thought they can chew (which may not even BE the case here).

Anywho, IRC is a means of instant communication like AIM or WLM/MSNM. You need a client like mIRC or XChat to use it.
Or you can use a web based client, like since you are on omnimaga, press the irc tab at the top, and you will get a java client that you can use for it.
Also ignore comments like what weregoose made. Most of us don't say things like that, but a few of us seem to be intolerant to newbies.
When in Rome...

I apologize for coming across as crude and insensitive. The teacher/administrator aspect runs in my blood, and I say what I say because I want people to learn to learn. If I point to a word in a book and someone asks me what it is, I respond by giving him or her a tool called a "dictionary." And my sincere hope is that he or she will want to use the device every time thereafter; if it should become misplaced, then God help the person who strives to learn an entire language by bombarding me with questions, the solutions of which I already gave.

In my signature are two links. Take the time to read the one on the right.
regardless weregoose, I am a good programmer. I may not be the best but I can strive to complete a challenge such as this. And maybe one day I will finish these projects and when that day will come I Know that you will be amazed at what can start as primitive questions. BTW I understand the whole TI basic language (might need to learn some optimization techniques) but I know the language.

p.s. Keith when could I send you a copy of my program so far?
Weregoose wrote:
If you have the stuff to ask other people for answers to these primitive questions, it's not very indicative of the requisite level of willpower to learn the commands and behaviors of a language. You seem months away from an understanding as to what this is really about. How about we see you then?
Although Kllrnohj often grates on my nerves with his blunt approach (which nevertheless often gets the important point across), I'm apt to defend Weregoose on this one. The OP wrote several posts that flagrantly ignored both capitalization/punctuation and the vital forum adage of JFGI. A simple Google search would have revealed the meaning of IRC. On the other hand, though, his original question was not something that could have been answered with a simple search, so I hope we can help him solve it while he improves his own question-asking skills. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours